When do you typically get big game, game day anxiety?

Royale with Cheese

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I do but it manifests itself in quite different ways between Arsenal and the Bills. 

I often have night before dreams on the eve of a big game for both. But then on a game day with Arsenal I almost don't want the game to get here. I want to push it off into the future. With the Bills it is the opposite I want the game here asap. That is why I like the early Sunday games. Anything later I am like "get the game here now".

Interesting dichotomy. Is it because you enjoy the lead up to the Arsenal game (with everything that entails) and want to relish in that? And don’t enjoy the NFL talking heads hyping a Bills game so you’d rather get to it quick?

59 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Interesting dichotomy. Is it because you enjoy the lead up to the Arsenal game (with everything that entails) and want to relish in that? And don’t enjoy the NFL talking heads hyping a Bills game so you’d rather get to it quick?

Hmm. Don't know. What I do know is the days Arsenal play at 4.30pm and the Bills at 6pm (like next week) are ***** awful.

It's gotten worse as I've gotten older.   Now, I can feel it starting the day before the game, except sometimes, like today, it's two days before.   Day of the game, it just builds and builds to game time.  I'm all fidgety, trying to get prepared.  

Last couple years that hasn't happened until the day of Bengals or KC playoff games.  This team is just so good with Allen that I have had confidence in winning every game.  I didn't even lose confidence in the playoff games it was more so a combination of knowing those teams were just as good and knowing it's single elimination where the ball bounces funny so you need luck too. I think it kicked in maybe an hour before the games.

Edited by Scott7975

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.