When do you typically get big game, game day anxiety?

Royale with Cheese

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Just to keep things in perspective.....

The Pats are the only team to play in the kickoff game and go to the Super Bowl in the same season.  They did it twice so we have a 1 in 20 chance of making the Super Bowl this year regardless of outcome.  It's science.

No team has ever won the Super Bowl on their home turf and it's happened two years in a row now.  Trends are changing.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

18 hours ago, Rampage said:

There’s no anxiety because I can’t control the outcome so if we lose it has nothing to do with me.

Excitement though has set in. Been waiting months for this and to finally forget the last 13 seconds in Kansas City.

If I don't control the outcome then why is it I haven't seen a Bills win in person since I moved to SC in 99. Here are a couple of cases as examples. I went to Miami and saw Clay drop the pass in the endzone. I went to Jax last year thinking there is no way they lose THIS game. To a lesser extent I went to the Carolina preseason game this year which broke our preseason winning streak. You will be happy to know I have no plans to attend a game this year YET.

6 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Great, so you're telling me we're screwed just by being in this game regardless of the outcome. Cancel the confedie boys!

No.  We have a 5 percent chance.  People are so negative.

Great, so you're telling me we're screwed just by being in this game regardless of the outcome. Cancel the confedie boys!

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

If I don't control the outcome then why is it I haven't seen a Bills win in person since I moved to SC in 99. Here are a couple of cases as examples. I went to Miami and saw Clay drop the pass in the endzone. I went to Jax last year thinking there is no way they lose THIS game. To a lesser extent I went to the Carolina preseason game this year which broke our preseason winning streak. You will be happy to know I have no plans to attend a game this year YET.

I don't know who you are. If you are looking for tickets I can tell you that I don't have any, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long life.  If you stop looking for tickets, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you.

But if you do buy any playoff tickets, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.

• Haha (+1) 1

When I was younger - maybe 30 minutes before kickoff.  Now that I'm a middle aged Dad, I don't get gameday anxiety for regular season games - just excited to watch Bills football.  The only time I get gameday "anxiety" is for the elimination games, because I don't want the fun to end.  That usually starts during the national anthem.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Simon said:

I don't know who you are. If you are looking for tickets I can tell you that I don't have any, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long life.  If you stop looking for tickets, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you.

But if you do buy any playoff tickets, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.

Simon is now Liam Neeson in Taken.  Very Shaggadelic.

Sorry, just watched one of AP movies this morning on the stairclimber.

Yeah baby, yeah!

• Haha (+1) 1

• 1 year later...

Since the unexpected success of the 2020 season, I have been overly invested in every game.  In 2020 and into 2021, I was just hoping what we saw wasn't a fluke.  Going into the 2021 post season it felt like the best chance since the 90s to get back to the super bowl.  Last year it ratcheted up since we went all in on Von and were a consensus pick to win it all. This year I am just trying to enjoy the ride and remember its all about getting into January healthy and playing their best football.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Any strong opponent will make me a bit nervous.  The includes the current edition of the Jets.

Last year I was confident nervous.  This year I'm more just nervous.  Not that I think that Jets are going to be great, I think they definitely will be good....I think Allen struggles the most against the Jets.

On 9/6/2022 at 3:23 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm starting to get mine now.  I watched a couple of the hype videos, watched the GMFB and other sports shows....I'm feeling it now.

For the regular season games that aren't "big games"...I don't get it until like an hour before the game.

Big games like this, playoff games or prime time games....I start getting getting them the morning of.  This one, probably because of the hype...2 days before.

I'm doing the bare minimum at work today.  Just enough not to get noticed that I'm doing nothing.

Since the team has gotten good I get so anxious on game day.  TBH I don’t really like how much the the outcome of the game can effect my mood.  But once you’re a fan there’s not much you do

For 45+ years I've allowed myself to get overly stressed and anxious a couple hours before kickoff.  Considering my age now at nearly 65, I'm toning down expectations and stress. As others have said I have absolutely no control in the outcome.  My goal this year is to reduce GDT commentary to the bare minimum.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.