Most talented player in Bills franchise history?

Special K

Right now no one touches Bruce Smith because he was the best to ever do what he did. No other Bills player can say that. Josh can prove me wrong in another decade.  

you can say people like OJ, Thurman, Eric Moulds, Antoine Winfield, Micah Hyde, Jerry Butler, Cornelius Bennett, or even Doug Flutie had huge natural talents but to me that talent still needs to produce amazing jaw dropping results to be ranked the best.  

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

On straight athletic ability it has to be Josh at the top, with Bruce right there and then probably Eric Moulds who played in a basketball final four. I am not gonna discuss guys from prior to 1985 because I don't know them well 

Moulds did not play on that Miss St Final Four team in 1996.  While he was a great HS Bball player he did not play in college.  

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

Moulds did not play on that Miss St Final Four team in 1996.  While he was a great HS Bball player he did not play in college.  

Apparently my memory sucks and I have been telling people that for years- that McNabb and Moulds faced off in the final 4, but neither got on court. My mistake and thank for correction.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Apparently my memory sucks and I have been telling people that for years- that McNabb and Moulds faced off in the final 4, but neither got on court. My mistake and thank for correction.

Relax.  It's not like you're pounding the table for Robert Foster for the HoF. 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

Before Josh came along the answer was (and still is) definitively Bruce Smith.  No one else is even close.

Based upon what Josh has become, and the improvement I still expect to see, by the time it is all said and done we may be able to have a spirited debate on the topic.

19 minutes ago, eball said:

Before Josh came along the answer was (and still is) definitively Bruce Smith.  No one else is even close.

Based upon what Josh has become, and the improvement I still expect to see, by the time it is all said and done we may be able to have a spirited debate on the topic.

OJ is also there with Josh and Bruce.  Those are the 3.  As a human being OJ is a piece of s*** and I'm not celebrating him but he is in this conversation 

4 hours ago, Locomark said:

Right now no one touches Bruce Smith because he was the best to ever do what he did. No other Bills player can say that. Josh can prove me wrong in another decade.  

you can say people like OJ, Thurman, Eric Moulds, Antoine Winfield, Micah Hyde, Jerry Butler, Cornelius Bennett, or even Doug Flutie had huge natural talents but to me that talent still needs to produce amazing jaw dropping results to be ranked the best.  

None of the people mentioned in the second paragraph are even close to OJ…he is the only Buffalo Bill who, for at least a couple seasons, was the best player in the entire NFL. 

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

None of the people mentioned in the second paragraph are even close to OJ…he is the only Buffalo Bill who, for at least a couple seasons, was the best player in the entire NFL. 

Guess you had to be there. I was, and OJ belongs at the very top of the list with Bruce and now (with a bullet) Josh.

Bruce Smith is #1 without a doubt.

After that is a rock, paper, scissors contest between a handful of players including Simpson, Allen, and Thomas, all three of whom were/are top of the league elite in some fashion during their careers.

20 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's Josh. He's arguably the most talented player in NFL history.

https://theathletic.com/3546121/2022/09/01/josh-allen-bills?source=user-shared-article

If he was available in today’s game, I’d go with Elway. Dude had wheels and a cannon for an arm. IMO, he had a stronger arm than Josh. Steve Young comes to mind too. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.