NFL 2022 broadcast teams…

LabattBlue

I'm absolutely fascinated that someone gave my comment a dislike.  

Please - tell me more about how experiencing her call a game is anywhere remotely near an enjoyable experience.  I'll hang up and listen

57 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

As long as we never never never ever again are subjected to having to listen to frigging Beth Mowins call a Bills game

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The worst.

“If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn’t complete his pass, they will turn over the ball.” — Booger McFarland

“The Cleveland Browns have fired Freddie Kitchens. So, this means the Browns now have a coaching vacancy and are looking for a new head coach.” – Booger McFarland

“You see Joe when January 1st comes, you start the year all over again.” — Booger McFarland

https://everydaypower.com/booger-mcfarland-quotes/

I simply do not understand how anyone could be expected to take anything seriously that is being said by a grown man who calls himself Booger.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Please - tell me more about how experiencing her call a game is anywhere remotely near an enjoyable experience.  I'll hang up and listen

Maybe they have a fetish for women that sound like they smoke a pack a day?

19 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

I don't understand the Beth Mowins hate. She sounds like any other announcer out there. But the announcer is never really the problem. The broadcast team is made or broken by color commentator.

As others have mentioned, Aikman, Collinsworth, Booger, Barber, Tasker, etc are all really annoying and/or just bad at their jobs.

I've always liked Herbstreit, Charles Davis, Romo...

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't understand the Beth Mowins hate. She sounds like any other announcer out there. But the announcer is never really the problem. The broadcast team is made or broken by color commentator.

As others have mentioned, Aikman, Collinsworth, Booger, Barber, Tasker, etc are all really annoying and/or just bad at their jobs.

I've always liked Herbstreit, Charles Davis, Romo...

Let's be real, here.  Women have no place in an NFL broadcasting booth.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Fox has the worst stable of broadcasters. Brady needs to retire and join them already, maybe he can be entertaining. 

Brady's wife is worth more than he is.  I think you will seem them involved in an ownership situation down the road.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Let's be real, here.  Women have no place in an NFL broadcasting booth.

I'm neither a sexist nor a mysoginist.  I have a wife and daughters who are as capable as their male counterparts in everything that they do.  There may be women who are competent and capable of working in a NFL broadcast booth and despite it being uncommon, I would support it.  That said, I can't stand Beth Mowins and I cringe while she does one of my team's games - college or pro, football or basketball, or any other sport.  To be fair, I do the same when Spiro Dedes does a Bills game.  In both cases, their sound, style, and commentary are distasteful to me.

Edited by msw2112

7 hours ago, nucci said:

good thing I watch with volume off. But I'll miss 5 guys in studio talking, 3 in booth and 2 sideline reporters with riveting information...repeating the same cliches all game long. There is enough info on the screen and the refs are mic'd up. No need for announcers to tell me what I'm seeing

I watched a couple U.S. Open 🎾 matches, including the Benicic (Switzerland) - Cirstea (Romania) 😍, this afternoon on the ESPN+ app and they didn’t have any commentary. Just the court sounds (neither of these gals are grunters / screamers) and it was amazing. Just like you’re there in the crowd, but with the best angles and replays.

Wish they could have that option / to turn off the commentators for football. I don’t need all the glad-handing and to know that Ryan Fitzpatrick went to Harvard etc.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.