NFL Covid policy....does anyone know what it is?

Beast

Not asking for a debate on Covid. I just am wondering if anyone knows what the NFL's policies are regarding testing and players that contract it. The policy seemed to disappear in last years post-season.

So, does anyone know?

Mods, sorry if this crossed the line. Not looking to do so or make it a debate about Covid.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

Not asking for a debate on Covid. I just am wondering if anyone knows what the NFL's policies are regarding testing and players that contract it. The policy seemed to disappear in last years post-season.

So, does anyone know?

Mods, sorry if this crossed the line. Not looking to do so or make it a debate about Covid.

I'll search for a link, but I believe I read it's all over as it pertains to player policies and requirements. As are stadium policies for fans.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Beast said:

So, does anyone know?

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-nflpa-agree-to-suspend-covid-19-protocols

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-covid-policy-2022-positive-tests/zmegz3rgi4nkdxx6kqcwg4v9

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/06/03/nfl-significant-change-covid-19-protocols-2022-season-suspended

A quick google search seems to have provided all the information necessary to keep this from being a topic if that was a concern. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Beast said:

So, does anyone know?

-No required testing, no required masks

-Players required to self-report symptoms and show a negative test before entering team facilities.

-If players test positive they must self-isolate for five days.

-NFL must abide by any state and local law if more stringent

Since self-reporting symptoms and testing positive could in theory knock guys out of a game, one wonders how that will work.

*cough cough cough* sip of Gatorade down the wrong way, Coach!  No, I feel fine, really!

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

-No required testing, no required masks

-Players required to self-report symptoms and show a negative test before entering team facilities.

-If players test positive they must self-isolate for five days.

-NFL must abide by any state and local law if more stringent

Since self-reporting symptoms and testing positive could in theory knock guys out of a game, one wonders how that will work.

*cough cough cough* sip of Gatorade down the wrong way, Coach!  No, I feel fine, really!

We got Covid on a trip to California in late June. The wife’s employer said she had to stay out for 5 days, then provide a negative test to return to the office. The testing place (and the health dept employee who later called her) said she wouldn’t have a negative test for about a month. We were both fine, I never would have missed a minute of work or school for the symptoms, but the strange fatigue told us something was up. The testing place offered a letter saying she was basically “safe to return”.  

I thought some players recently missed some time after testing positive, but I don’t remember the details. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I got ‘rona in early August and I tested positive for 11 days.  Was very sick (bronchitis/flu type) for 4 days.  Symptoms steadily diminished after that and by day 9 or so I felt fine.

For my work it is 5 days out and diminishing symptoms.  No neg test proof required. 

Mine too.  I take a daily test hoping it comes out positive.  My brother was on a ventilator when he caught it in January but survived so our whole family tests daily mostly for his sake.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.