Bills cuts

Chandler#81

15 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's not going to happen.  Bates has been written in as the starting RG.

If the Bills aren't happy with Van Roten as backup C (and frankly, I don't think I am) hopefully they'll shop the cutout bin.

I was being sarcastic about starting Hart to protect Bates...

And I guess Van Roten was playing C against the Panthers. 

Slighlty OT right now but if I count correctly once everything is said and done, i.e. we sign complete PS, move Stevenson or someone else to IR and sign a punter, we will end up with roughly $1,5M - $2M cap space (if we sign really cheap punter).

Edited by No_Matter_What
Edited number since I realized that Andre Smith's contract will count only partially (I guess)

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

Those guarantees seemed totally unnecessary. That’s the really weird part. 

Guessing he had options when Bills signed him. Certainly disappointing. Given he’s played with Brady and Josh he apparently just isn’t that good 🤷🏻‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Draconator said:

So you don't know for sure. It's always dangerous to assume things that may or may not happen. 

It's more dangerous to ignore the obvious and ask for links that you know don't exist.  Saying Stevenson is going to IR is as safe as saying there will be daylight tomorrow morning.  I can't link a photo of tomorrow's daylight either.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It's more dangerous to ignore the obvious and ask for links that you know don't exist.  Saying Stevenson is going to IR is as safe as saying there will be daylight tomorrow morning.  I can't link a photo of tomorrow's daylight either.  

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-senate-approves-bill-that-would-make-daylight-savings-time-permanent-2023-2022-03-15/

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

too New to post a topic:  backup qb, Ehlinger looks good.  trubinsky will likely start.  couldn't we have done better  there?

If that was going to be your new thread topic, I think it's best you continue to refrain from starting new ones. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Mancz is a shocker to me

Me too. I was convinced he was going to be the backup C.   So I wonder who they have pegged to do that now. Maybe it's someone not currently on the roster.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

They like themselves some Bobby Hart for some reason.

A puzzle for sure, based on last year. There's been talk about how much better he looked this year. Hope those rumors are true.  But to be honest, I don't think Beane is done, yet.

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Well, daylight savings DOESN'T start tomorrow. So are you saying Stevenson isn't going to IR?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

It's not going to happen.  Bates has been written in as the starting RG.

If the Bills aren't happy with Van Roten as backup C (and frankly, I don't think I am) hopefully they'll shop the cutout bin.

“Cutout bin”. Damn we’re old. You wrote it and I knew what you meant. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34489670/buffalo-bills-cb-tredavious-white-pup-list-least-first-four-games?platform=amp

Important tidbit from these reports: Tre White is out at least 4 games due to starting out on the PUP/reserve list.

Edit: Nevermind. There’s a thread

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Haha (+1) 1

Have to imagine Beane is still working the roster. Punter, backup C have to be in play. I cringe with B Hart seeing any significant playing time on the OL. OL depth across the league is always a challenge but feel like ours could really hurt if Van Roten or Hart have to start.

Same with TE. Sweeney and Q Morris seem like we’re taking a step backwards or running in place outside of Knox. Just my opinion.

48 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Zay Jones was the Bills leading WR that one season. 

There we’re just too many people (armchair GM’s) hating on the kid. 

I think he started off pretty rough and had a bad catch rate.  Didn’t seem to mesh with Tyrod.

You know how it is - the bust label is more like a brand than a label.  Once it’s on you, it’s tough to lose it.

The motel incident didn’t help either.

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I don’t know for certain but there’s probably a good chance that Stevenson goes to IR he’s been hurt all camp

Edited by John from Riverside

39 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Important tidbit from these reports: Tre White is out at least 4 games due to starting out on the PUP/reserve list.

Realistically, he's probably not playing a full role till week 7 after the bye. He won't start practicing with the team until after week 4.

And I think that's ok. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.