Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

isn’t the opposite true? Even if he is “innocent,” dude raw dogged a 17 year knowing he had a STD and then passed her around to his teammates.  

is it really worth keeping at best a huge scumbag statutory rapist diseased punter when we are trying to make a zero distraction SB run? 

He knew he had an STD and he knew she was underage?  I keep seeing this posted but haven't seen any proof.  Only people jumping to conclusions from him telling her she should get tested.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

isn’t the opposite true? Even if he is “innocent,” dude raw dogged a 17 year knowing he had a STD and then passed her around to his teammates.  

is it really worth keeping at best a huge scumbag statutory rapist diseased punter when we are trying to make a zero distraction SB run? 

Where do you guys get this "intentionally gave her an STD thing?  All I saw in the article was a line saying he admitted to having sex with her, and then separately suggesting she get tested.  Nothing saying he had an STD or intentionally gave her one.  They may have intentionally phrased it in a way to imply he gave her the STD, but she just had sexual contact with several strange men so a recommendation to get tested is prudent advice in general.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, DD4Bills said:

WTF. 147 pages in less than 22 hrs from people that no NOTHING about the situation other than what has been spoon fed through social media. 146 pages of ill-informed speculation, chest-thumping "I am right" takes with absolute certainty from in support of both the victim and the accused, and no end in sight. 'Murica!

The only absolute here is that we know nothing and will continue to know nothing until facts are established, cases (civil or criminal) are tried, and verdicts are rendered...and then we'll get 146 more pages of why those verdicts are either absolutely correct or totally BS.

If I were in any position of authority with the Bills, I would push for NOT dressing him in light of this ***** storm...whatever the NFL equivalent of "paid administrative leave" is.

He admitted to the police that he had sex with her! So our best hope is he didn’t physically rape an underage girl!

it’s wild that scumbags can do terrible things and somehow people will defend them because the media lies!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Way to intentionally not get the point.  It's about THERE'S NO EVIDENCE YET, and yes false claims do sometimes happen, especially when a popular athlete is involved.  There doesn't need to be some grand conspiracy on her end, she could just be mistaken and having false memories, she could be absolutely true, she could be telling an absolute lie, WE DON'T KNOW.  Also as for derailing his career, the alleged incident happened before NFL rules applied to him, so they can't punish him.  Any career derailment would have to be unofficial with teams just not wanting to sign him (Colin K), but you know damn well he'll have a million dollar job on any number of teams if the only controversy is a single unverified claim.  So yeah, the cash grab angle is still possible (not saying likely) especially with this only going public after he secured a starting job.

I’ve explained the stupidity of the shakedown angle. I can explain it to you again, but I can’t understand it for you. One last time: A 17 year old accused a college punter of rape long before that punter made it to the NFL and had any money to be shaken down for. There is also the fact that by making her accusation she was likely to inhibit the accused from making it to the NFL at all. Plus even if a punter does make it, they we are at best a late round pick. The signing bonus of which is a couple hundred grand before taxes. It’s idiotic to think this is a shakedown. 

• Like (+1) 1

When is a snap judgement and execution ever a good idea?

"Wait and see" is always the correct approach. If it turns out he was in the wrong, he'll be cut. If he is innocent, the Bills will keep him.

Any other outcome is just stupid. It's mob mentality. It's frontier "justice". If waiting for the fact to come out is too hard for you, go root for another team.

These were the same people calling for Ed Oliver to be cut. What happened with him?

If Araiza is guilty, the facts will come out and he will face justice. Allow the process of justice to happen.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Where did he admit any of this? 

According to the suit, police helped the teen call the other players and Araiza to confirm the incident. During the taped phone call, Araiza told the young woman that he had tested positive for chlamydia, and asked her to get tested.

He then said, “So you know what to get tested for Ok, that makes me feel a bit better.”

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

He wasn’t in the house but texted her that she should probably get tested for STDs because he’s what, just an all around nice guy?

Come on man, you honestly are just showing you don't even have all the knowledge of all the limited info that is already actually available.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

He admitted to the police that he had sex with her! So our best hope is he didn’t physically rape an underage girl!

it’s wild that scumbags can do terrible things and somehow people will defend them because the media lies!!!

Who is defending him? You’re taking excerpts from a lawsuit and stating them as fact. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

There is no good explanation. Putting the repuation of the franchise at risk for a punter is inexcusable. 

If he was a franchise QB you do a thorough investigation and make 100% sure there is nothing there, but for a rookie punter you just don't draft him. Period.

THEY ONLY FOUND OUT AFTER THEY DRAFTED HIM.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

I have it figured out. This is a high character, super talented football team. He is a low character PUNTER. 

No brainer. Cut him. 

Let's find the nearest tree and hang him right now! Due process be damned!

• Haha (+1) 2

We need to cut this guy. Can't believe the Bills knew about this, maybe even before the draft. We are not Cleveland, this reflects on our Buffalo community. We are better than this. If he proves his innocence, he will get another shot in the NFL....but from what i read there is some evidence there.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Who is defending him? You’re taking excerpts from a lawsuit and stating them as fact. 

Unless she is lying about talking with the police, which should be easy to prove. That would be a wild thing to lie about and definitely put her in legal trouble.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

When is a snap judgement and execution ever a good idea?

"Wait and see" is always the correct approach. If it turns out he was in the wrong, he'll be cut. If he is innocent, the Bills will keep him.

Any other outcome is just stupid. It's mob mentality. It's frontier "justice". If waiting for the fact to come out is too hard for you, go root for another team.

These were the same people calling for Ed Oliver to be cut. What happened with him?

If Araiza is guilty, the facts will come out and he will face justice. Allow the process of justice to happen.

A DUI is a little different than gang raping an underage girl. There’s plenty of evidence too.

2 hours ago, blitzboy54 said:

the police report said she said she was in high school, he then gave her a drink and took her out back. 

What part of this is sitting well with you?

I don’t know maybe the fact she admitted to consuming alcohol then going to a college party and consensual going outside and having sex with a guy she couldn’t have thought was also in high school, kinda makes me wonder if she was honest about her age.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

According to the suit, police helped the teen call the other players and Araiza to confirm the incident. During the taped phone call, Araiza told the young woman that he had tested positive for chlamydia, and asked her to get tested.

He then said, “So you know what to get tested for Ok, that makes me feel a bit better.”

He didn't say that line, she did. 

Also its important to note that the lawsuit did not have a full transcript of the phone call, just select lines and then "summaries" as provided by the plaintiff's dubious lawyer. I'm very interested how the exact call played out. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Team can’t really suspend him. They can make him inactive or cut him 

Thanks.  Thats what I was thinking.  In terms of actions, they can cut him or send him home and tell him not to report to team activities. 

Its helpful to understand the options available.  I see a decent amount of criticism being leveled at the team and league for failing to take actions that are not permissible under the CBA.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dude.  People have sex at college parties.  Most of those people are intoxicated, and some are under age.  It happens. 

It is currently 3:11 on a Friday afternoon.  I am very confident that sometime in the next 12 hours, at least one minor will have sex with a student enrolled at my university.  Now, in my state the age of consent is 16, which is a lot more reasonable than 18, so there will not be any legal repercussions from any of this.  But morally it is the exact same thing, just in a different jurisdiction.