Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

On 9/1/2022 at 4:24 PM, BullBuchanan said:

I imagine if we as a society put in a sliver as much effort to trying to solve sexual assault cases as some people do in trying to find any possible way to discredit a rape victim, there probably wouldn't be 100s of thousands of unprocessed rape kits in this country and thousands->millions of sexual predators walking around our streets. It's a shame we have no control over that. A damn shame.

Nobody is trying to go into a potential sexual assault/ rape case discrediting the alleged victim. That's literally not a real thing.

Nobody is implying or thinks if she said all kinds of ridiculous stuff on tape, that it means she deserved to be raped. That's a psychotic and strange thing to think ...  

She's clearly flirting on tape and she's clearly telling everyone she is 18. All it does it paint a more clear context on her senses and what the atmosphere was like before an alleged rape took place.

It's completely normal for ppl to judge others ( especially in context of previous statements and reputation) on how we do or don't take what ppl say seriously or not. Was this person lying before? Is this person known for x y or z? If this person did lie before, is it relevant to the actual case? Does arazia have a past reputation of abuse? What do his friends, aquiantences say about him? Past gfs?  Etc etc

To simply believe anyone on anything on it's face , it's not only stupid and naive, it's extremely dangerous

Edited by Forlorn hope

On 8/31/2022 at 1:28 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Thanks. As the old saying goes: never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. 
There is no legal doctrine that would ever make the Bills liable for damages. None. So maybe this was an attempt to put a squeeze on the deep pocket - the Bills - since without an NFL punting job Araiza is just a 22 year old kid with no real job prospects. I guess the theory would be “you are not legally liable, but if you give us money anyway my client may sign a non disclosure agreement and you can keep the Punt God on your roster without fear of this blowing up later.” If so, the Bills made a prudent business decision and just extricated themselves from a mess that was not of their making. 
I can’t help but thing this poor girl is being used by an unscrupulous operator, in it for his own publicity rather than his client’s best interest. If anything, going full fiasco mode here makes a prosecution less likely, not more likely, and the poor girl is left with no one to collect damages from (a judgment against an unemployable punter?) and no criminal charges against him either. 

Breaking Bad Trailer GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Doc said:

Did she address the video of her from that night?

I just watched the victims interview. The video was not discussed in any way. It was a general recap as well as her "well coached by her attorney" statement. I say that because she walked the line perfectly as far as her case to win the civil suit. I am not sure if that video of she that night is widely distributed. But oh yes. if I were a juror in her case I think a competent defense attorney would be unrelenting and she would crack. Its pretty damning its ON TAPE. allll these legal concepts, consent, under age, what happened when with whom.........court will decide. I still think she was violated sexually. The lawyers will present their cases and we will see the end result at some point. OR they will settle out of court and terms undisclosed. jmo

Edited by muppy

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Did she address the video of her from that night?

The YouTube video became popular after all her interviews. The lawyer went silent once people started talking about the video.

No one knew it was her or at least no one was allowed to expose her identity. This interview with ABC is how people tied her to that video because in another version of this interview they didn’t hide her face very well. 

My guess is someone was waiting for an opportunity to link her to the YouTube video but couldn’t because her identity was sealed. ABC really screwed up.

1 hour ago, muppy said:

I just watched the victims interview. The video was not discussed in any way. It was a general recap as well as her "well coached by her attorney" statement. I say that because she walked the line perfectly as far as her case to win the civil suit. I am not sure if that video of she that night is widely distributed. But oh yes. if I were a juror in her case I think a competent defense attorney would be unrelenting and she would crack. Its pretty damning its ON TAPE. allll these legal concepts, consent, under age, what happened when with whom.........court will decide. I still think she was violated sexually. The lawyers will present their cases and we will see the end result at some point. OR they will settle out of court and terms undisclosed. jmo

Mup, I’m unaware of a Youtube video, and wondering from your perspective, what it revealed? 

In reading the recap of the interview on ABC, I’m struck once again on how to thread the needle between horrific allegations against Araiza, the attorney’s statement that an apology/donation might have solved his problem, and what she said here.  

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Mup, I’m unaware of a Youtube video, and wondering from your perspective, what it revealed? 

In reading the recap of the interview on ABC, I’m struck once again on how to thread the needle between horrific allegations against Araiza, the attorney’s statement that an apology/donation might have solved his problem, and what she said here.  

it is upthread a bit leo. watch it and weep. It is a party from hell hermano.

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

All the video revealed is she lied about her age. 

Witnesses will be key. She says she didn’t know who the guys were and witnesses told her. The only reason Matt Araiza is a suspect is because a witness told her he was in the room.

Again, that’s her version. We don’t know if it’s true. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m torn on watching it.  There’s so much potential for manipulation in this sort of thing, intentional or otherwise. 

Just watch at 1:50 and 2:48.  There's no manipulation going on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m torn on watching it.  There’s so much potential for manipulation in this sort of thing, intentional or otherwise.  

what I can say my friend is if I were called to jury duty in this case. I would 100% need to recluse myself after having seen it . This victims identify has been leaked by ABC previously due to a SNAFU. This cell phone video  footage we are discussing today  ID's her and there goes her anonymity ....It's All very disturbing to me . I'll leave it at that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Just watch at 1:50 and 2:48.  There's no manipulation going on.

That's her at :07 too.

Also odd that in both those brief clips she puts her age at 18 which would be a lie from what we know.  I don't think anyone else in the video mentions their age at all.  Tough to get the statutory rape charge filed with this video hanging out there. If there were charges filed, the sum total of all the video evidence would need to support them.  That may be why there haven't been charges filed yet.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Also odd that in both those brief clips she puts her age at 18 which would be a lie from what we know.  I don't think anyone else in the video mentions their age at all.  Tough to get the statutory rape charge filed with this video hanging out there. If there were charges filed, the sum total of all the video evidence would need to support them.  That may be why there haven't been charges filed yet.

It's still very much possible she was obviously being very flirty, drinking and hours after arazia left she was raped. 

I remember at a bar years ago this girl was drunk and acting very much the same. A couple guys lost control and basically started groping her ridiculously and she screamed for them stop. If she was in private with them I 100% believe they would've raped her. 

There was a very similar movie in 80s with Jodi foster in it that portrayed a similar context 

Edited by Forlorn hope

42 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Yup.  She's in the thumbnail for the video, as well as a couple more times within the first dozen seconds or so.  But only at the times I mentioned does she incriminate herself WRT what age she was telling people she was that night.  And that right there kills her statutory rape claim.  The only thing left is to find evidence that Araiza had nothing to do with the gang rape.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

All the video revealed is she lied about her age. 

Witnesses will be key. She says she didn’t know who the guys were and witnesses told her. The only reason Matt Araiza is a suspect is because a witness told her he was in the room.

Again, that’s her version. We don’t know if it’s true. 

It proves she was was in the house socializing rather then being lead to a bedroom where she was raped. 

6 minutes ago, BananaB said:

It proves she was was in the house socializing rather then being lead to a bedroom where she was raped. 

In the interest of limping to 300 pages, I will point out that both of those things can be true. 

32 minutes ago, Augie said:

In the interest of limping to 300 pages, I will point out that both of those things can be true. 

It was last week since I read the civil suit, but I remember it saying she entered the party in the back yard. Flirted with Matt and he forced intercourse on the side of the house. He then lead her in the house to a bedroom where she was gang raped….

Her socializing inside the party on camera without Matt kind of raises some major questions in her story. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BananaB said:

It was last week since I read the civil suit, but I remember it saying she entered the party in the back yard. Flirted with Matt and he forced intercourse on the side of the house. He then lead her in the house to a bedroom where she was gang raped….

Her socializing inside the party on camera without Matt kind of raises some major questions in her story. 

Not to mention that in the Dateline interview she said that she never told MA she was 18.  She also said that she didn't say "no" to him and that it didn't matter because she was only 17 so even if she said yes, since she was 17, it wasn't consensual.  That was the gist I got from her interview.  All the while, she is on camera telling everyone that she was 18. 

Nobody ever asked me if I was 18 at a party. Nobody. Nobody ever asked anybody if they were 18 at a party that I ever saw. And I don’t remember anyone volunteering that they were 18. I’m not watching the video (wherever it may be), but that all seems quite odd from my experience. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Nobody ever asked me if I was 18 at a party. Nobody. Nobody ever asked anybody if they were 18 at a party that I ever saw. And I don’t remember anyone volunteering that they were 18. I’m not watching the video (wherever it may be), but that all seems quite odd from my experience. 

Unfortunately In this day and age it might be a more prevalent question 

Back in the day , Especially at a college party… Nobody would think that there’s high school minors there

But it’s a lot more prevalent now… 16-17 year-olds going to full-blown college parties acting as adults 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Back in the day , Especially at a college party… Nobody would think that there’s high school minors there

But it’s a lot more prevalent now… 16-17 year-olds going to full-blown college parties acting as adults 

So maybe today you should ask, if you have “plans”. But who volunteers that? I’m not going down this rabbit hole, but that is still strange. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

So maybe today you should ask, if you have “plans”. But who volunteers that? I’m not going down this rabbit hole, but that is still strange. 

I think this entire situation is terrible and somewhat strange 

There seems to be a lot going on at play that we don’t fully understand

31 minutes ago, Augie said:

so in the video in question they asked her what her body count was and she answered “like 20 even though I’m only 18” (roughly, without going back to check the quote)

im only 10-15 years removed from the setting and will say the body count stuff was not big in my time… but someone saying trying to show off that they could clear some dumb threshold despite only being 18 wouldn’t have stood out as super strange. 

41 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

ive got news: it happened then too.

26 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

so in the video in question they asked her what her body count was and she answered “like 20 even though I’m only 18” (roughly, without going back to check the quote)

im only 10-15 years removed from the setting and will say the body count stuff was not big in my time… but someone saying trying to show off that they could clear some dumb threshold despite only being 18 wouldn’t have stood out as super strange. 

ive got news: it happened then too.

No social media 

Broadway Joe would’ve been cancelled in 1968 if there was twitter too … same with Jim Kelly in 1985

Now if MA is guilty of rape he should face the highest penalty… 

But outside of that… What was considered acceptable in 1970 is different than today

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, BananaB said:

2 hours ago, BananaB said:

2 hours ago, phypon said:

Not to mention that in the Dateline interview she said that she never told MA she was 18.  She also said that she didn't say "no" to him and that it didn't matter because she was only 17 so even if she said yes, since she was 17, it wasn't consensual.  That was the gist I got from her interview.  All the while, she is on camera telling everyone that she was 18.

If she's claiming she had sex with him soon after getting to the party and then right after that encounter he dragged her into the house to be raped, the video proves otherwise since she didn't look like a rape victim in it, either in the way she was acting or bruises and her piercings being pulled out.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Yeah, no one usually asks.  And no one ever admits that they're under-aged.  But while it might be odd, she's right there on video saying it.  There's no getting around it.

Edited by Doc

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Huh? 😆 

Drinking age was 18. 

I said 16-17 year old minors at college parties wasn’t probably normal .. at least not to me

Drinking At 18 is basically accepted besides law

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Anybody under 21 (most jurisdictions) is a minor when it comes to drinking, gambling, etc... Colleges loaded with them. 

Anybody drinking @ that party under 21 was illegally doing so.

I’m hoping for a statute of limitations, and an exemption for Bills tailgates! 

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I said 16-17 year old minors at college parties wasn’t probably normal .. at least not to me

Drinking At 18 is basically accepted besides law

Oh sure it was, even more then!

Of course this is a fictional scene, but it draws on some twisted reality.  "Animal House" (1978) about college life in early 1960s?

IIRC, the script had her under 18.

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m hoping for a statute of limitations, and an exemption for Bills tailgates! 

You're grandfathered in. 😉 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Oh sure it was, even more then!

Of course this is a fictional scene, but it draws on reality.  "Animal House" (1978) about college life in early 1960s?

IIRC, the script had her under 18.

You're grandfathered in. 😉 

Well you’re the second to say it was normal 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well you’re the second to say it was normal 

NormaliZED.

People weren't in a vacuum. Most husbands older than wives, but not always.

My MiL graduated HS in 1954. Every female had a ring on their finger except my MiL and 3 others...

EDIT: Wow... Hope nobody caught my Freudian edit! 😆 

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

NormaliZED.

People weren't in a vacuum. Most husbands older than wives, but not always.

My MiL graduated HS in 1954. Every female had a ring on their victim except my MiL and 3 others...

Normalized is the better word… 

I don’t quite get you’re bolded statement.. tho I have been drinking tonight and don’t a lot lol so I’m buzzed 

When you say ring on their victim do you mean they married a minor?

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

If she's claiming she had sex with him soon after getting to the party and then right after that encounter he dragged her into the house to be raped, the video proves otherwise since she didn't look like a rape victim in it, either in the way she was acting or bruises and her piercings being pulled out.

Yeah, no one usually asks.  And no one ever admits that they're under-aged.  But while it might be odd, she's right there on video saying it.  There's no getting around it.

Time frame is impossible to know from the video. But an important thing is she says witnesses told her who everyone involved was. She claims she didn’t know.

This case will come down to witnesses. Witnesses said Matt Araiza and the 2 other players were in the room when the rape happened. The girl didn’t know. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Normalized is the better word… 

I don’t quite get you’re bolded statement.. tho I have been drinking tonight and don’t a lot lol so I’m buzzed 

When you say ring on their victim do you mean they married a minor?

You caught it before my edit! You're quick.   Meant to say: finger.

Pretty deep slip on my part.  How many underage females had sex,  maybe even got pregnant,  and then married. Still, back in the day... Very few options afforded females besides marrying and being a housewife. Of course, don't be foolish... They were looking on campus. 😏 

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You caught it before my edit! You're quick.   Meant to say: finger.

Pretty deep slip on my part.  How many underage females had sex,  maybe even got pregnant,  and then married. Still, back in the day... Very few options afforded females besides marrying and being a housewife. Of course, don't be foolish... They were looking on campus. 😏 

I understand what you’re saying 

4 days , Go Bills 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Time frame is impossible to know from the video. But an important thing is she says witnesses told her who everyone involved was. She claims she didn’t know.

This case will come down to witnesses. Witnesses said Matt Araiza and the 2 other players were in the room when the rape happened. The girl didn’t know. 

Let me put this another way.  In the video, the girl had obviously not been gang raped yet.  I think we can agree on that one.  So if she claimed that immediately after arriving at the party she had sex with Araiza and then he immediately took her inside to be raped, this video disproves that allegation.  If she said she was at the party for awhile, then it proves nothing WRT the gang rape, but proves she told people she was 18.

As for witnesses, I never heard any witnesses say they saw him in the room, just that he was the guy she was having sex with outside.  Armstrong says he has witnesses who say he wasn't in the room.  So yeah, it will come down to who has the better/more credible witnesses.  But no charges being filed in over 10 months suggest her story doesn't have much support.