Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

4 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Well, in other news, Aaron Donald went all Myles Garret, double fisting helmets on some Bengal players today.... So maybe the Araiza news takes a backseat for a little bit. 

that was yesterday.  And he’s not getting suspended.

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

That was a highly dishonest summary of the post you replied to.  

No. What’s highly dishonest is people trying to pretend that Araiza is the victim of a shakedown. The mental gymnastics involved are ridiculous. 

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

I mentioned this last night, but admitted that maybe I just hadn't see everything out there yet.  However, it's the next day and not a whole lot new has been reported.  Can someone let me know why there seems to be 100% focus on Ariaza and none on the other players involved?  It just seems like the lawyer is throwing anything and everything at 1 guy while the others are hardly mentioned to this point.  Just odd, that's all.

Edited by sven233

Just now, Jauronimo said:

So you're advocating for extra judicial measures here?

I’m not even sure where you’re trying to go here. You said we have a “system of justice”, but the statistics show literally less than 1% of rapists are found guilty of their crime in criminal court, so how is that “justice”?

I’m saying it’s not an accurate gauge of what did or didn’t transpire.  Ben never found guilty in criminal court, he was still punished (slapped on the wrist) by the league.  I’m advocating the Buffalo Bills don’t line this dbags pockets, period. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

If the Bills cut Araiza tonight, would anyone lose any sleep over this? 

I won't be losing sleep over it regardless.  With the assistance of alcohol I will be sleeping like a big boozy baby.

I will not be impressed if the organization cuts ties with him and hindsight later proves the motivations were purely rooted in public perception.  If the Bills or NFL conducts a process and the findings of such result in Araiza being cut or kept, I will be satisfied.  I think the team's recent track record has been solid.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

If the Bills cut Araiza tonight, would anyone lose any sleep over this? 

I guess I'd lose as much as I would if BIGFOOTspaceman was accused of a heinous, violent crime and lost his job and reputation near instantly. 

That is to say, it wouldn't affect me personally but I do in fact dislike the current mob mentality / twitter witch trial environment we live in and don't agree with it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is getting absurd. 

Put him on administrative leave so he freely handle his legal matters. He gets paid, the bills are supporting an alleged victim, and they can decide to keep him or not after the DA produces charges and evidence 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 3

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

Araiza?

Again, we're just cutting someone before the facts come out?  It's that easy?

I mean, there's so many nuances here... Did he do it, not do it, why is there no criminal charges, nut ball lawyers, STDs, sex outside with Araiza, sex inside with a group.... At the end of the day the Bills have to be concerned with there image and there was so much to learn from the Watson ordeal. 

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Araiza’s lawyer when asked yesterday if charges are coming said 1 of the accused is in a different situation then Araiza. He said he’s confident Araiza won’t be charged.

I’m wondering if that person is the one that will eventually be charged. The best thing for Araiza is that charges are handed out to the other players. Many believe something happened, so if evidence points to the other players I think fans and media will move on.

Your last sentence, that's a systemic societal problem.  People need to be capable of waiting for all the info to be released, and realize there are multiple sides to this story....so stop rushing to judgment!  It's OK not to feel like you have to immediately put your opinion out there....

Even here, likely going to be alot of ppl back tracking (one way or the other), if they are trying to solve this case & decide what the Bills should do, from behind their keyboard.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

I guess I'd lose as much as I would if BIGFOOTspaceman was accused of a heinous, violent crime and lost his job and reputation near instantly. 

That is to say, it wouldn't affect me personally but I do in fact dislike the current mob mentality / twitter witch trial environment we live in and don't agree with it. 

If it turns out he’s innocent he can go sign for the Pats and celebrate every pinned punt he puts on the Bills like he won a SB.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

No. What’s highly dishonest is people trying to pretend that Araiza is the victim of a shakedown. The mental gymnastics involved are ridiculous. 

Did anybody say they did?  Or did they, because the facts are not out yet, say it was a possibility.  I know you've already passed judgement, but the rest of us want to see actual facts before rendering judgement one way or the other.  Wild, I know.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, appoo said:

This is getting absurd. 

Put him on administrative leave so he freely handle his legal matters. He gets paid, the bills are supporting an alleged victim, and they can decide to keep him or not after the DA produces charges and evidence 

thats my thoughts as well...put him on the commissioners reserve list till this plays out...why is that so hard?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, appoo said:

This is getting absurd. 

I'm actually dumbfounded as to why the Bills do not take this route. 

Just don't punt tonight and grab a serviceable punter... Let Bass punt

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

The hyperbole is beyond over the top.  People and media acting as if this will submarine the Bills special season.  Stop.  A punter isn’t the reason the season will go great or awful.

It’s not the position. It’s the fact that if today, right now, you google “Buffalo bills” you get the words “gang rape” in the top 3 results. 

Innocent until proven guilty applies to a court of law. This is an enormous distraction, and to your own point he’s a ***** punter. 

He was 21, has sex with a 17 year old. That is admitted fact. Whether he knew she was 17 or thought she was 18 is irrelevant. Will it suck for him if he’s 100% innocent? Yep. But another team can then sign him and his wonderful comeback story can play out somewhere else.

But the only move right now is to cut him. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No, it sounds like she was likely raped. Not sure that’s really in dispute. What we don’t know is if araiza was one who raped her or was involved in the act in some way. 

You wouldn't know it if all you did was read this thread.

• Eyeroll 1