Josh on the Herd

GunnerBill

37 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Pretty sure all video posts have to be approved by the Queen.

That’s kinky, 

47 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

When I hear Josh speak, I'm reminded of Carol Dweck's book on the "Growth Mindset."

Most people define themselves a certain way and put false ceilings on themselves.  But Josh believes in his growth and believes he'll continue to evolve & get better.  When he struggles and finds flaws in his game, he puts his head down and confidently works to improve.  

It's almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy.  He believes he'll get better so he does.  

It's imo just that Josh is very gifted in the ability to figure out tactics to defeat a defense and then actually master those counters.  And he has teammates who share his determination.  You don't see many Bills give up on plays when they initially get stopped.  They know Josh will be scrambling to give them time to get to open spaces. And they all seem to get fast chemistry with Josh.  He can match the best throw type to his target based on how covered they are.  He doesn't often lead his receivers into big collisions with incoming defenders.  So he allows his weapons to shine and he shines brighter and is it any wonder our defense is gonna wanna just get the ball back for the offense so they can just watch great football from best seats in the house.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Ever since 2020, he might be the biggest Josh Allen fan.  Except maybe Kyle Brandt.

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/1838263875715

such an insult to Josh

how could you forget The real MikeRob? 
and many many many others. 

What’s Nick Wrong more than Write been up to?  

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

such an insult to Josh

how could you forget The real MikeRob? 
and many many many others. 

What’s Nick Wrong more than Write been up to?  

His schtick was tiresome, but he got what he wanted: people know who he is.

Even he has come around to acknowledge Josh is the real deal, just not at Mahomes level in his opinion.  I’ll take OUR guy! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

When I hear Josh speak, I'm reminded of Carol Dweck's book on the "Growth Mindset."

Most people define themselves a certain way and put false ceilings on themselves.  But Josh believes in his growth and believes he'll continue to evolve & get better.  When he struggles and finds flaws in his game, he puts his head down and confidently works to improve.  

It's almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy.  He believes he'll get better so he does.  

That's McDermott's CORE belief as a coach. That's what "the process" is all about. Allen is the perfect disciple for this approach. 

Dweck's work was the absolute backbone of my teaching philosophy when I worked primarily with urban, underprepared college freshmen. Which is a similar cohort to many football players. Trauma and struggle often lead young people to defensive, protective, "fixed" mindsets. Don't show any weakness. Don't put yourself out there. Fear failure. Which is simply no way to get better at anything.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Augie said:

He’s one of the biggest Josh fans out there, and when he changed his mind he owned it. 

I must admit, I had early doubts myself but I’m thrilled to have a seat on the Josh Bandwagon! 

I don't and I'm sure Josh doesn't take it personally, especially if he owned up to it. His job is to talk for what... few hours a day? Every weekday? Run outta stuff to talk about, so when you have a polarizing player (at the time) thats mana from the heavens 🤷‍♂️.  If any of us had to talk 3 or 4hrs a day publicly, we'd all end up sounding ever stupider than him (😉)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.