Cody Ford to Arizona

aristocrat

8 hours ago, kjack151 said:

Don’t forget Zay Jones - 2nd round pick

Yeah, Zay was definitely a bust, but I didn’t include him because he was technically picked before Beane got here. Boogie is one of those players though. Granted it’s only year 2, so too early to call him a miss, but this is a big year for him. 

11 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Ha! You know this board better than that. This is just the beginning. We will hear the details of his career for years to come.  

Touche you’re right on that 😂

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, eball said:

Whatever, man.  You pick weird points to go to the mat on.  I’m done here.

You were done when you insisted in @Coach Tuesday thread about Dion dishing on Ford that it was no big deal for Dawkins to criticize his teammate like that and insisting that Ford would absolutely agree that his attitude had been sh!t.   The leap on the latter was a fact-free attempt to shout down the fact that his teammate called him out.  A day later, he's dealt.   Another L for ol' Skrewball. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

Smart move.  Any pics in 5th round or lower are extremely valuable picks.  Let’s remember that Khalil Shakir was our 5 this year.  I love loading up on pics and grabbing some value instead of just making cuts.

I love getting picks. Let’s start hitting on these 2nd round picks though. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, eball said:

You haven’t said a damn thing in this thread. You’ve just harped on what a bad draft pick it was, which everyone already knew. Hence my questions about what you want Beane to do about it, which you STILL haven’t answered. 

Weo will die on his sword now that he has gone on his missing the point obtuse, yet mildly entertaining trip into the past, disregarding the fact that GMs draft busts every year, and rarely ever get any compensation, as those players are generally cut, he and others try to frame their point as if Beane is the only GM that this happens to, it’s so boring, but that’s Weo way, he can’t help himself, 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Weo will die on his sword now that he has gone on his missing the point obtuse, yet mildly entertaining trip into the past, disregarding the fact that GMs draft busts every year, and rarely ever get any compensation, as those players are generally cut, he and others try to frame their point as if Beane is the only GM that this happens to, it’s so boring, but that’s Weo way, he can’t help himself, 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

Sprinkle in the second round ineptitude theory for an added twist.

22 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You were done when you insisted in @Coach Tuesday thread about Dion dishing on Ford that it was no big deal for Dawkins to criticize his teammate like that and insisting that Ford would absolutely agree that his attitude had been sh!t.   The leap on the latter was a fact-free attempt to shout down the fact that his teammate called him out.  A day later, he's dealt.   Another L for ol' Skrewball. :lol:

Only one emoji and no ellipsis.  You're evolving.  Aside from that I have no idea what you're talking about (nor does anyone else).

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Boogie is one of those players though. Granted it’s only year 2, so too early to call him a miss, but this is a big year for him. 

I hope Boogie turns it on this year.  It was tough watching our oline get blown up last year and seeing Boogie inactive on game days.  Really wanted an oline guy in round 2 last year.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Earlier within this thread, I quoted exactly what Dawkins said about Ford in the article. Here it is again:

“Cody had a hell of a day,” Dawkins said, “pancake after pancake after pancake, no pressures. Cody is a fighter, last year, he was upset he wasn’t playing. This year, he’s taking it as a reality check and is handling it the right way. What we want to see is him respecting the challenge and not complaining about it. As long as he’s not pouting and keeping high spirits, as long as he puts his best work on film, he understands what needs to be done. (Kromer) doesn’t sugarcoat anything. He’ll tell him exactly what he doesn’t want to hear. He’ll say, ‘This is ***** horrible,’ or, ‘You think that you’re doing it right, but you’re not.’ Cody’s heard that before, but now it’s from a different face. So now it’s not, ‘Oh, that’s Bobby being Bobby.’ Now you have two people saying it, so now you’re the one that’s wrong and not them. I’m proud of him. It’s easy when things are going wrong in this league to shut it down and go into a dark place. He’s not there. He’s working.”

Quote about Ford's reaction to Dawkins' comments:  "Ford admitted the attitude adjustment was necessary and overdue."

IMHO, it really didn't seem like that big of a deal. Dawkins talked about the attitude issues that Ford had last year and that he wasn't exhibiting those issues this year. And it appears Ford pretty much agreed with him.

Ford was a bad pick.  Beane got what he could for him in a trade and the Ford chapter is now over. 

Again, IMHO, I don't believe Dawkins' comments were that bad and I don't think they had anything to do with Ford being traded.

• Disagree 2

53 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Go Bills!!!

Clearly I didn’t do that but all you back benchers only have these straw men to attack, so….. have at it!  Beats being on point!  

Plus you get to toss in your reaffirming “yeah, MAN!!”. 

But I’m done swatting flies….lol

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Clearly I didn’t do that but all you back benchers only have these straw men to attack, so….. have at it!  Beats being on point!  

Plus you get to toss in your reaffirming “yeah, MAN!!”. 

But I’m done swatting flies….lol

You have a surprisingly narrow view of this, being that you know full well that “busts” get drafted high every year, that and you present your argument as if it’s a Beane thing when you it isn’t, that’s why you’re basically being disregarded, oh well, it’s your sword not mine., later, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It's not like we can expect Beane to come out and say, "yeah, it was a bad pick and he turned out to be a bust."  But that's pretty much what he's saying.  It happens.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.