Bills -Broncos Post Game Thread Week 2 Preseason

muppy

3 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

He'll probably make out OK in any case.  At the very least he'll have a paycheck on the PS, with a good chance another team signs him at some point.

When Blackshear and Duke get cut, I doubt very much both get picked up.  There will be a lot of decent RBs getting cut in September.

• Agree 1

Best Bills preseason game itself ever, IMO.

I do miss the 90's preseason tailgates before they decided to try to make the preseason about bringing kids to games though..........it was never kid-centric before that.     Back then the preseason games in Lot 1 were basically "scantily clad women" day........often a bigger party atmosphere than the regular season games.   Bills have done a great job giving kids things to do more recently though.........when they first started it up kids were bored AF.    Can't just say it's kids day........you gotta' make it fun for them.

Also noted that reading thru some of the threads I love the people comparing players to former Bills players who wore the same number but they are like "I don't know what it is......but he reminds me so much of this guy".  :lol:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, wjag said:

I had a perfect view of that from my seats yesterday.  I could see the route, release and catch. I gasped as I thought it could be intercepted when he released it.  It was absolutely a perfect route, pass and catch. 

Nonsense.  Only Tua throws 'perfect passes'. 🤨

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Elam got absolutely roasted on the first play of the game by KJ Hinton. It was the one where Johnson airmailed it. If that’s Wilson it’s a 30 yard gain on the first play. He also had a Facemask penalty. He was far from perfect despite PFF

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Elam got absolutely roasted on the first play of the game by KJ Hinton. It was the one where Johnson airmailed it. If that’s Wilson it’s a 30 yard gain on the first play.

Not so sure about that. Before the snap he was backing off about 5 yards and then Hinton just ran a quick slant with no one there to intercept the route. And if Hinton caught it he would have gotten 12-15 yards, not 30. Seemed like the play was designed to get Edmunds in the face of the QB to disrupt the timing of the pass and that's exactly what happened.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:
  I haerd on OBL FR

I heard on OBL Friday that Bruce spent considerable time at practice helping to coach the DE's.

Having Von and Bruce in your camp, you cant....I can't, imagine a better situation and I am 100% sure we'll see some huge results from this over time. Thank you Bruuuuuce!

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Think Giants, AKA Buffalo South.

Giants already have 4-5 backs better than Blackshear or Johnson including 2 former Bills, a #2 overall pick, a draft pick from last year and they have 2 rookies/UDFAs from this year.  I am not sure that the Giants need 2 more former Bills - neither of which were in Buffalo with the current HC or GM.

I get the concern, but there are a butt ton of RBs around the league that are going to get cut that have as much or more overall “film” than Blackshear.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

Giants already have 4-5 backs better than Blackshear or Johnson including 2 former Bills, a #2 overall pick, a draft pick from last year and they have 2 rookies/UDFAs from this year.  I am not sure that the Giants need 2 more former Bills - neither of which were in Buffalo with the current HC or GM.

I get the concern, but there are a butt ton of RBs around the league that are going to get cut that have as much or more overall “film” than Blackshear.  

Saquon and Breida, sure.  The others?  Arguable at best.  And Breida was with Daboll last year and he barely used him.

23 hours ago, wjag said:

I had a perfect view of that from my seats yesterday.  I could see the route, release and catch. I gasped as I thought it could be intercepted when he released it.  It was absolutely a perfect route, pass and catch.  

I also thought Allen’s TD pass was going to be intercepted. It looked like it took a “long” time to get there.

LOL the DB for sure had a good 'ol try but the best he managed was "get into the same zip code"

I watched Ravens vs. Cardinals last night and I found myself thinking that about almost every pass "wow, that's slow" "wow, he really had to put his whole body into that" etc

Edited by Beck Water

11 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

4 or 5 backs better than him?  Based on what?  

I count one that we can say is definitely better than Blackshear.  Barkley.

Breida might be sure.  But he was awful last season save for 2 plays and has a low football IQ.  

williams might be.  He also might not be.  

Maybe Sandro Platzgunmer is better? Maybe not.

maybe jasaun Corbin is better?  Maybe not 

Gary Brightwell?  

Not sure anyone can definitively say the Gmen have 4-5 better RBs.  I don’t know anything about 3 of their 6 RBs.

blackshears tape is solid and he has a nice skill set for a short passing game O, but I get why people don’t think he’ll be picked up.  There are a ton of RBs out there.  I understand your point. 

13 hours ago, Doc said:

Think Giants, AKA Buffalo South.

To be fair... Daboll was never coach of either of these players with Buffalo.  The Giants also already have Breida and Antonio Williams.  So if they grab Johnson, or Blackshear - we can just grab Breida or Williams.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.