Jump to content

JA v. Big Ben


RyanC883
 Share

Recommended Posts

At a event in Pgh is here.  While he is big and athletic looking, JA looks bigger and watching their first few years is a better QB.  

 

All that said, Ben has 2 rings.  JA should get at least that or we have a coaching/GM failure.  

 

Anyone think Ben is better?  

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ben in his prime which is a long time ago was an unorthodox QB in that he would just shed LB’s and Safeties off of him, but not on his best day is he as good and dynamic as JA17.

 

Ben deserves the HOF, and won’t be surprised if he even gets it in the first bout, but will be timely after some of the other 1st ballot guys in years prior like Brees.  He’s a slam dunk.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ben is a first Ballot HOF player, 2 SB rings, top 9 in all time passing yards and TD's. If Allen even comes close to that or better then we win either way but the comparison now isn't even close until there is more of last years Allen. My only slight fear is Ben had an outstanding run game in Bettis his younger years and then Leveon Bell to take the load off, if Allen continues to take punishment year in and year out he's not going to last as long as ben did imo.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to put on the tinfoil. For whatever reason, maybe unconscious bias, Steelers seem to have gotten breaks, like other "dynasty" type teams with a good reputation. If we can flip the script and become the team that gets the benefit of the doubt and has the refs looking out for our stars for the success of the league, we could win a lot with JA. If the script doesn't flip with enough of the brass, refs, and the like, we may struggle to get the one ring. You need to be good and "lucky" too. I feel that Ben's SB against the Hawks was TOTALLY a product of the bias the Steelers had at the time. Can we get there? It looks like it, because Josh is that good and the league seems to love him. If that trend continues our "luck" will only increase, and JA17 will win more than Ben.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

I'm going to put on the tinfoil. For whatever reason, maybe unconscious bias, Steelers seem to have gotten breaks, like other "dynasty" type teams with a good reputation. If we can flip the script and become the team that gets the benefit of the doubt and has the refs looking out for our stars for the success of the league, we could win a lot with JA. If the script doesn't flip with enough of the brass, refs, and the like, we may struggle to get the one ring. You need to be good and "lucky" too. I feel that Ben's SB against the Hawks was TOTALLY a product of the bias the Steelers had at the time. Can we get there? It looks like it, because Josh is that good and the league seems to love him. If that trend continues our "luck" will only increase, and JA17 will win more than Ben.


the biggest breaks the Steelers got was not having to face the patriots en route to their two Super Bowls. Steelers/Big Ben would have had zero SB’s if they had to play the patriots in the playoffs. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

At a event in Pgh is here.  While he is big and athletic looking, JA looks bigger and watching their first few years is a better QB.  

 

All that said, Ben has 2 rings.  JA should get at least that or we have a coaching/GM failure.  

 

Anyone think Ben is better?  

Small world, saw him at the same event. I’d say Josh is already playing at a level near or even above Ben’s prime.  If Josh can continue to play like he has for another 5-10 years and gets a SB ring to his credit, I don’t think it will even be a debate who had the better career.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

I'm going to put on the tinfoil. For whatever reason, maybe unconscious bias, Steelers seem to have gotten breaks, like other "dynasty" type teams with a good reputation. If we can flip the script and become the team that gets the benefit of the doubt and has the refs looking out for our stars for the success of the league, we could win a lot with JA. If the script doesn't flip with enough of the brass, refs, and the like, we may struggle to get the one ring. You need to be good and "lucky" too. I feel that Ben's SB against the Hawks was TOTALLY a product of the bias the Steelers had at the time. Can we get there? It looks like it, because Josh is that good and the league seems to love him. If that trend continues our "luck" will only increase, and JA17 will win more than Ben.

They took a TD away from the Hawks. I forgot about that. 
Hopefully you are right and the powers that be decide it’s our time for a little extra love.

JA needs to get some National advertising contracts. He’s got the looks and the attitude and is squeaky clean. Not sure why he hasn’t yet but he has what it takes to be the face of this league.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

They took a TD away from the Hawks. I forgot about that. 
Hopefully you are right and the powers that be decide it’s our time for a little extra love.

JA needs to get some National advertising contracts. He’s got the looks and the attitude and is squeaky clean. Not sure why he hasn’t yet but he has what it takes to be the face of this league.

 

Small school. Small market team. Bad narrative coming out. 

 

But we're getting there. I'm sure Allen is going to be on national commercials this year. 

 

Then the "luck" will come. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Ben is a first Ballot HOF player, 2 SB rings, top 9 in all time passing yards and TD's. If Allen even comes close to that or better then we win either way but the comparison now isn't even close until there is more of last years Allen. My only slight fear is Ben had an outstanding run game in Bettis his younger years and then Leveon Bell to take the load off, if Allen continues to take punishment year in and year out he's not going to last as long as ben did imo.

The comparison for their career isn’t even close….but Josh Allen at his best is on a different level than Ben at his best imo.

 

Josh is in the discussion for best player in the world. Ben was never that.  Never even close tbh 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

I'm going to put on the tinfoil. For whatever reason, maybe unconscious bias, Steelers seem to have gotten breaks, like other "dynasty" type teams with a good reputation. If we can flip the script and become the team that gets the benefit of the doubt and has the refs looking out for our stars for the success of the league, we could win a lot with JA. If the script doesn't flip with enough of the brass, refs, and the like, we may struggle to get the one ring. You need to be good and "lucky" too. I feel that Ben's SB against the Hawks was TOTALLY a product of the bias the Steelers had at the time. Can we get there? It looks like it, because Josh is that good and the league seems to love him. If that trend continues our "luck" will only increase, and JA17 will win more than Ben.

Read an article a couple years back about the worst officiated superbowls and the refs screw job on the Seahawks came in at #1. If I’m not mistaken Ben had the LOWEST Super Bowl qb rating to ever actually still win the game. He was awful. 
 

his 2nd title year he threw for a mere 3100 yds and 17 td in a full season… but there’s no denying how clutch he was in that title game. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

The comparison for their career isn’t even close….but Josh Allen at his best is on a different level than Ben at his best imo.

 

Josh is in the discussion for best player in the world. Ben was never that.  Never even close tbh 

I got into this discussion just the other day with a “stiller” fan. Big Ben was never, at any point in his career, regarded anywhere near the top 3. Usually the debate was efen if he was near top 5. And he definitely never finished 2nd in the MVP running. 
 

I think it’s obvious that the Big Ben that was winning titles actually wasn’t nearly as good as the Big Ben that had nearly no playoff success from 2009 into the late 2010’s. During those title years he was riding coattails of an elite line/run game and a generational defense. when it was time to be clutch he always stepped up. But IMO it was that d that afforded him that luxury… IMO he was a much better qb in the years after those super bowls and yet he never got back. 
 

Definitely a HOF qb but I think if Allen can even just get one ring, it won’t be much of a debate who was better. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rigby said:

I hope he does get to his level, means we have won at least 2 SB's.

 

Most would say Dan Marino >>> Big Ben. But Ben has the rings. There is a possibility that Allen is >>>> Big Ben, yet has no rings like Marino. Look at Aaron Rodgers. Dude is maybe the greatest QB of all time to date outside of Brady yet only has one ring? And even worst, just one super bowl appearance???

 

I have faith Allen will get us over the hump eventually. But stupid things happen, so you never know. Last years 13 second debacle being exhibit A. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

 

All that said, Ben has 2 rings.  JA should get at least that or we have a coaching/GM failure.  

 

 

 

Deciding who is at fault for a problem which has not yet happened and may never happen, that's what you're doing here.

 

And doing that is an absolute guarantee of baseless, poor thinking.

 

As for your other point, Josh has yet to show for sure he's better than Ben, but yeah, it looks that way right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...