Gabe Davis getting stronger

Dablitzkrieg

27 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Whew!  17 sounded like a lot.  

Interesting that the article says we will be a bigger and faster Gabriel Davis.  If that's true, he'll be a special target for Josh.   In the red zone, Josh will have a big strong guy and Diggs, who can beat pretty much anyone off the line.   Nice combo.  

A bigger, faster Gabriel Davis from last season is a #1 WR.

Beane gonna to have to go full wizard mode to get these contracts done if all these dudes hit.  

• Agree 1

I'm also in the group that believes Davis will become an elite WR2.

The man just steps up when he's called upon. What stands out in my mind is that 4th down conversion against TB last year where he caught the ball behind the LOS and carried the CB past the 1st down marker with the game on the line. Incredible clutch play.

To have the performance he had in the playoffs and then to follow it up by working this hard in the off-season. That's amazing character and work ethic on par with Josh Allen.

Don't be stunned if Davis not only becomes an elite WR2, but eventually starts occasionally outshining an aging Diggs as time goes on, just like in KC. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Whew!  17 sounded like a lot.  

Interesting that the article says we will be a bigger and faster Gabriel Davis.  If that's true, he'll be a special target for Josh.   In the red zone, Josh will have a big strong guy and Diggs, who can beat pretty much anyone off the line.   Nice combo.  

Lol, I wonder if Kelvin Benjamin popped into anyone's mind when seeing this news

• Haha (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Logic said:

There is understandably a lot of doubt about whether or not Davis can be a successful, top tier #2 WR for the duration of an entire season.

Count me among those that has very little doubt. All he has lacked so far is opportunity.

He seems to have an elite work ethic and tireless drive to succeed. He's big, strong, finds ways to get open, and has a great rapport with Josh, especially on broken plays.

I think Diggs/Davis becomes one of the top duos in the league this year.

My only real concern is finding a way to re-sign both Davis and Dawson Knox, as losing either would represent a considerable blow to the offense.

Until he consistently "does it" doubt will remain. But like you, I'm very high on Gabe. His catch to target ratio is high, as is his TD to catch ratio.

And he has fantastic toe-drag swag. The Bills are betting on Gabe this year.  I'd make that bet, too.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Hope he lives up to the hype he's been getting. Gotta be alot of pressure when the entire country expects you to become a breakout star 

I'm sure there is a certain amount of pressure, there usually is for most I'd assume. Not sure if it's a lot for him or not, but he's clearly shown his skills and what he's capable to bring on the field.

I'd think he's got more eagerness than pressure being he's been wanting to finally get his shot.

Goes to show how draft prognostications are pretty useless. I remember wanting the Bills to draft one of the exceptional WRs in the 2020 class and one by one they came off the board until in the 4th round after most were poached the Bills were on the clock and at least Liberty's Gandy-Golden and the Bills instead picked the wrong WR some guy I had heard little about .. rated the 25th best receiver by Sports Illustrated .. Gabrial Davis UCF.  Now, other than Jefferson with Minnesota who is outstanding and maybe Cee Dee Lamb, I would not want any of the other guys over Gabe. He is 100% baller.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

when the skill position guys add weight, it is so much work. That is all lean muscle mass. They aren't eating pizza all day. I would bet adding seven pounds of mass is MUCH harder than cutting seven. These guys can cut seven in a week. Adding is all diet and weight room. 

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Seems bizarre that they only have two legitimate outside WR's on this roster, and then like 5 potential slots.  Seems risky to me, but maybe they have a plan to add someone else.

The veteran WR market is pretty dried up right now unless they want to make a play for a guy like Julio Jones or Beckham which I guess is still on the table and both are going to end up somewhere the closer we get to camp.

He routinely makes crazy sideline grabs that play to Josh's strength.  When Josh extends the play and breaks the pocket and starts running towards a sideline, I've started to expect seeing #13 following him across the field making some ridiculous toe tapping snag on a Josh Allen laser beam to move the chains.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

This is what I read:

"Davis hasn’t missed a workout since the end of the 2021 season, bulking up from his listed weight of 210 pounds to 227 this offseason (he was around 220 pounds last year), according to his trainer Bert Whigham."

He's up either 7 or 17 lbs, depending on your frame of reference.  

www.pff.com/news/nfl-wide-receivers-bigger-roles-2022-gabriel-davis-sammy-watkins 

Hes up 220 lbs from his birth which puts him in the bottom quintile for American men.  Its all relative.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Crowder has always given the Bills fits even when the Jets were terrible. Very excited to see what he brings.

Crowder was a beast in Washington when he was healthy. Had him on my fantasy way back and he won me a couple of games as a late draft/season pickup. 

3 hours ago, Logic said:

There is understandably a lot of doubt about whether or not Davis can be a successful, top tier #2 WR for the duration of an entire season.

Count me among those that has very little doubt. All he has lacked so far is opportunity.

He seems to have an elite work ethic and tireless drive to succeed. He's big, strong, finds ways to get open, and has a great rapport with Josh, especially on broken plays.

I think Diggs/Davis becomes one of the top duos in the league this year.

My only real concern is finding a way to re-sign both Davis and Dawson Knox, as losing either would represent a considerable blow to the offense.

DIGGS & DAVIS LLP

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.