Jump to content

Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, mannc said:

So the Browns were cool with 23 victims, but if their new franchise quarterback abused 24 women then that's just a bridge too far?  You know that makes zero sense, right? 

I think what he is saying is that contractually it leaves an opening if it was undisclosed. Browns management doesn’t care if there was 24, 25 or 250 women. All they care about now is the bad press that they didn’t expect when they made the trade, and potentially having to get out from underneath that contract if the suspension is more than this season. 

Edited by JDubya76
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, mannc said:

So the Browns were cool with 23 victims, but if their new franchise quarterback abused 24 women then that's just a bridge too far?  You know that makes zero sense, right? 

If more women come forward not only does that open Watson up for more punishment but it also opens him up for criminal charges again.

 

Its a huge deal if more women come forward after the contract was signed. More women could give the Browns an out. 

 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

I think what he is saying is that contractually it leaves an opening if it was undisclosed. Browns management doesn’t care if there was 24, 25 or 250 women. All they care about now is the bad press that they didn’t expect when they made the trade, and potentially having to get out from underneath that contract if the suspension is more than this season. 

Oh, I understand what he's saying...And I'm telling you that the Browns would be laughed out of court if they try to void the trade on the grounds that at the time, they only knew about 23 Deshaun Watson victims, while in reality there were 24.  I'd love to ask the Browns GM under oath why the team was cool with 23 victims, but the 24th just put them over the edge...   

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If more women come forward not only does that open Watson up for more punishment but it also opens him up for criminal charges again.

 

Its a huge deal if more women come forward after the contract was signed. More women could give the Browns an out. 

 

No, it couldn't, unless (a) the newly revealed allegations are materially worse than the allegations of the first 23 victims, (b) that Houston knew about the newly revealed, really bad stuff, and (c) that Houston had some contractual or other legal duty to disclose that stuff to the Browns.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cle23 said:

 

The Browns have the most cap in the league right now.  It'll change some next year with a higher cap hit from Watson and a few others, but if he is suspended, he likely won't get paid, and won't count towards the cap.  Obviously the draft picks hurt.  Plus, they're carrying $19M on Mayfield right now that'll drop off when he is traded, or worst case, at the end of the year when he becomes a FA.

I agree, you’re not that far away.  All you’ll need is a great QB……

 

Yet so far, if watson is banned.  But he’ll

probably be playing in 2023 and browns fans will forget this even happened.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

Oh, I understand what he's saying...And I'm telling you that the Browns would be laughed out of court if they try to void the trade on the grounds that at the time, they only knew about 23 Deshaun Watson victims, while in reality there were 24.  I'd love to ask the Browns GM under oath why the team was cool with 23 victims, but the 24th just put them over the edge...   

No, it couldn't, unless (a) the newly revealed allegations are materially worse than the allegations of the first 23 victims, (b) that Houston knew about the newly revealed, really bad stuff, and (c) that Houston had some contractual or other legal duty to disclose that stuff to the Browns.    

Simply put If Watson is charged due to more women coming forward it’s possible language in the contract would allow the Browns to void guarantees and bonus money and release the player.

 

More women coming forward opens this back up for criminal charges. Big difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree, you’re not that far away.  All you’ll need is a great QB……

 

Yet so far, if watson is banned.  But he’ll

probably be playing in 2023 and browns fans will forget this even happened.  

At this point, at a minimum, I would think Watson has to get them to at least a Super Bowl before Browns fans forget what happened.

 

 

And I might add, out of football for two years and from OTA reports of Watson not looking so great, odds are excellent he sucks if and when he ever does play again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cle23 said:

 

The Browns have the most cap in the league right now.  It'll change some next year with a higher cap hit from Watson and a few others, but if he is suspended, he likely won't get paid, and won't count towards the cap.  Obviously the draft picks hurt.  Plus, they're carrying $19M on Mayfield right now that'll drop off when he is traded, or worst case, at the end of the year when he becomes a FA.

 

3 year suspension. Just in time for his cap number to screw them over once they finally get their first round picks back. I have heard his contract is pretty iron clad against any suspensions. So I don't know why he would ever restructure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is an entirely gross situation. The Cleveland sports media sounds disgusted and exhausted. Godspeed, Lake Erie brotherhood. 

51 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

At this point, at a minimum, I would think Watson has to get them to at least a Super Bowl before Browns fans forget what happened.

 

 

And I might add, out of football for two years and from OTA reports of Watson not looking so great, odds are excellent he sucks if and when he ever does play again.

The question was raised today on local radio - what would the browns need to accomplish to make all of this  - PR nightmare, explaining QB1 to your kids… wearing his jersey? Rooting for the dolt… treading water through whatever suspension is handed down.., worth it? 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

At this point, at a minimum, I would think Watson has to get them to at least a Super Bowl before Browns fans forget what happened.

 

 

And I might add, out of football for two years and from OTA reports of Watson not looking so great, odds are excellent he sucks if and when he ever does play again.

Maybe.  But if he plays well, many will disregard it.  They may hate the fact that he did this, but if he provides them with great moments on the football field, fans will be fans imo.  
 

not sure what I would do if we hadn’t drafted allen and had traded for Watson in the midst of this.  I love my team.  I haven’t always loved every player but I’ve always supported my team.  I don’t think that would change if Watson were our qb.  I’d chalk it up as a very poor decision and watch them as always.  
 

regarding his poor play in OTA’s, that’s meh to me atm.  I’d expect him to have to work out a bunch of kinks and possibly be a lesser version of what he was previously.  Still a chance to be dam good imo.  Although qb 2 year suspension could have a huge impact on his play.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Texans don’t deserve the picks if it’s true they covered it up. 
 

The Texans are worse than the Browns in this situation.

 

Let em all Burn!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Augie said:

 

All of the above. It is my belief that at least some of these women are in it for more than just the money. I think some of them will be easier to make go away with some show of contrition.  In fact, I think some filed suit because he refused to do this. We can agree to disagree. 


What would he be apologizing for?  Sexual assault? A “misunderstanding”?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:


What would he be apologizing for?  Sexual assault? A “misunderstanding”?

 

“I’m sorry if some people felt uncomfortable with this experience. That was certainly not my intention.”  (Although in reality, I think making them uncomfortable is EXACTLY what he liked about it.) Something sweet and simple along those lines. It doesn’t have to be a big deal, but in MY opinion, it should exist in some form both to do the right thing and also to help make this go away. 

 

 

.

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Watson isn’t getting cut. From what I’ve read that contract has no outs for the Browns. It’s truly an awful deal from their side. Even if he just played poorly, but this is a whole new level

If the Browns did a 'Dareus style deal', with Watson, they are screwed sideways. (Pass the popcorn!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Texans don’t deserve the picks if it’s true they covered it up. 
 

The Texans are worse than the Browns in this situation.

 

Well the NYT article implicating the Texans, imo, was clickbait borderline trash.

 

Yes the Texans paid for a suite at the Houstonian, yes the Texans knew he was looking for massage therapists and what Pro football players doesnt get a massage.  (yes I know they had a facility with their own but he wanted someone else.  The Texans shouldn't be responsible for him abusing what they gave him).  But the implications from the NYT "enabling" Watson were laughable.  I guess the Texans enabled him because they also paid him big $, it is a joke and Buzbees, the plaintiffs lawyers, is seeing that article as a cudgel in the PR world to extract $ form the Texans.  My response to that is 1) Texans ownership, Cal McNair is brain dead 2) I dont care if they nail the Texans at all but taking away picks is wrong in a fair and competitive league 3) Texans will probably pay some $ to make it go away but not the draft picks

 

So where do the lawsuits end?  Watch them name the Houstonian as a defendant.  Big money, dont want the publicity, would they pay to get rid of it, sure a reasonable amount.

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

“I’m sorry if some people felt uncomfortable with this experience. That was certainly not my intention.”  (Although in reality, I think making them uncomfortable is EXACTLY what he liked about it.) Something sweet and simple along those lines. It doesn’t have to be a big deal, but in MY opinion, it should exist in some form both to do the right thing and also to help make this go away. 

 

 

.

You have already explained your position and articulated it well.   Give it up, 'Weo " just likes to argue.

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Augie said:

Having 66 (all female) massages over 17 months, many from people who are not even licensed, tells you all you need to know. I’m confident this is just the tip of the iceberg. This guy sounds like a serial predator in the worst way. I don’t know what a fair punishment is, but the first thing that has to happen is Watson needs to face the music and admit he was wrong, even if he doesn’t fully understand the depth of that yet. Then he needs to get help. Only THEN can he seek to get back into good graces. 

 

It really depends on where he was looking for the massages.  Some massage therapists advertise in adult forums where many are implying that additional services are available and some point blank say they are but it is only by mutual consent. Often they have pictures where MT is in skimpy outfit or less and the picture is photoshopped and may not even be the person advertising services.   However from reports there have been multiple women who have been saying he has been initiating the contact and it has been unwanted and after a couple of such rejections he should have either been looking elsewhere to get what he was looking for (i.e. Kraft) or been not initiating it so no misunderstands occur.  It appears he felt he was entitled whether by forum he got contact or by money requested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

“I’m sorry if some people felt uncomfortable with this experience. That was certainly not my intention.”  (Although in reality, I think making them uncomfortable is EXACTLY what he liked about it.) Something sweet and simple along those lines. It doesn’t have to be a big deal, but in MY opinion, it should exist in some form both to do the right thing and also to help make this go away. 

 

 

.

you know what Augie? We non criminal non sexually sick people can't think or fathom just How a guy like Watson thinks...THANK GOD!... But having said that 

Is someone who takes it upon himself to visit allll of those girls and allegedly abuse them Capable of empathy or Remorse? Because he is in deep doo doo right now he's sorry? He's sorry he got caught...he's sorry for the alleged victims? 

 

His apology even if he gives an academy award performance well crafted by his lawyer apology......Im skeptical.  Talk is cheap from him at this point.

 

I do agree that if he is to redeem himself at this point he needs come clean and not play the innocence card. It's just waaay too many women to say they are all liars or just gold diggers. 

 

**shrugs**  I want to shower after I think about that guy too much to be honest smh. 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Texans don’t deserve the picks if it’s true they covered it up. 
 

The Texans are worse than the Browns in this situation.

 

 

The Texans have no obligation to disclose what they did or didn't know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...