Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Look at how lopsided his splits are between behind, tied and ahead.  26 of his TD's were when he was behind on 367 attempts.  They were a 4-12 and behind a lot, especially late in games.

Not to mention the Texans averaged 24 points per game which is slightly below average.  

image.thumb.png.a73d27b9635296ad832b76ff0349e49e.pngimage.thumb.png.c4c366a01bf6da194bca03fa8d8295da.png

When you are on a bad team you are behind a lot. Those QBs also tend to throw a lot of interceptions, which he did not.  When it gets late in the game teams will go to prevent defense but if you're down 10 points in the 2nd quarter they're not just gonna let you walk down the field.  And like I said before, his supporting cast was absolute trash.

16 minutes ago, cle23 said:

When you are on a bad team you are behind a lot. Those QBs also tend to throw a lot of interceptions, which he did not.  When it gets late in the game teams will go to prevent defense but if you're down 10 points in the 2nd quarter they're not just gonna let you walk down the field.  And like I said before, his supporting cast was absolute trash.

They were down by a lot, playing a lot of prevent defenses in the 4th quarter and still only averaged 24 points a game which was 18th in the league.

His splits weren't good when they were ahead.  That shows me he had a lot of garbage time stats.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They were down by a lot, playing a lot of prevent defenses in the 4th quarter and still only averaged 24 points a game which was 18th in the league.

His splits weren't good when they were ahead.  That shows me he had a lot of garbage time stats.

They were behind a lot. They were not blown out a lot. 8 of their 12 losses were 1 score games and I watched a lot of their games that year they almost all genuinely came down to the final possession. 17 of the 26 you refer to came in those 1 score losses. 

Was there some garbage time inflation? Yea, sure. There always is on bad teams. But not as much as you would imagine. And go look at his weapons. I would argue 2020 was his best season as a pro despite his worst record. Whether he can ever play that well again is a different question.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

On a garbage team and Half those stats came when they were down 3-4 touchdowns.

Kirk cousins also puts up very pretty numbers but I don't think anyone is calling him a superstar.

But You're right, He wasn't a middle of the road QB.

He was a good to maybe very good QB.

But he certainly wasn't a superstar 

So you say he was on a garbage team, then dismiss that he was playing on a garbage team the rest of the post.  Cousins has had elite WRs his entire time in Minnesota, and usually has 2 elite WRs between Diggs/Thielen/Jefferson.  Watson has 3 of his 4 season with QBR over 100, and his other was 93 or so, so it wasn't like this is a one time thing.  He is second all time in QB rating, granted in only 4 seasons.

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

106.6 rating, 7TD/3INT with a 68.2% completion percentage while leading.  Granted not as good as when behind, but again, look at his supporting cast.  A bunch of average to below average players and Will Fuller, who is hurt ALL the time.

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wow!  That was a very surprising read.  I would not have thought a LEO would take a guilty upon accusation and until proven innocent approach.  No corroborating evidence other than similar accusations (at least in the cases that officer investigated) is big. 

5 hours ago, cle23 said:

So you say he was on a garbage team, then dismiss that he was playing on a garbage team the rest of the post.  Cousins has had elite WRs his entire time in Minnesota, and usually has 2 elite WRs between Diggs/Thielen/Jefferson.  Watson has 3 of his 4 season with QBR over 100, and his other was 93 or so, so it wasn't like this is a one time thing.  He is second all time in QB rating, granted in only 4 seasons.

106.6 rating, 7TD/3INT with a 68.2% completion percentage while leading.  Granted not as good as when behind, but again, look at his supporting cast.  A bunch of average to below average players and Will Fuller, who is hurt ALL the time.

You seem to be big on stats which is fine, we'll agree to disagree.

Cousins was 4th in QBR last year and Jimmy G was 9th, just saying.

39 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

You seem to be big on stats which is fine, we'll agree to disagree.

Cousins was 4th in QBR last year and Jimmy G was 9th, just saying.

Stats are just a reference point.  It's one way to compare to other QBs, but obviously not the only way.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/16/nflpas-defense-of-deshaun-watson-will-take-aim-at-nfls-treatment-of-multiple-owners/

The NFLPA intends to challenge any suspension of Watson, citing the very lenient handling of violations of owners Snyder, Kraft and Jones and the Personal Conduct Policy that states:

“Ownership and club or league management have traditionally been held to a higher standard and will be subject to more significant discipline when violations of the Personal Conduct Policy occur.”

I never thought the league would agree to a clause like that.  The NFL rarely holds owners accountable for just about anything so they had to see something like this coming. 

On 6/15/2022 at 5:16 PM, BarleyNY said:

Wow!  That was a very surprising read.  I would not have thought a LEO would take a guilty upon accusation and until proven innocent approach.  No corroborating evidence other than similar accusations (at least in the cases that officer investigated) is big. 

I think this is precisely the normal approach of law enforcement.  The courts operate under an innocent until proven guilty presumption, at least theoretically.  Law Enforcement does not.  I think what that officer is saying is normal procedure, despite the attempt of the defense lawyer to twist it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The NFL rarely holds owners accountable for just about anything so they had to see something like this coming. 

Do you think that might result from the fact that "The NFL" is the owners?   Just kind of spitballing here...

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Do you think that might result from the fact that "The NFL" is the owners?   Just kind of spitballing here...

Absolutely.  But the best organizations keep their own house in order.  The NFL has failed in that.  Sooner or later that comes back to bite ya.  We’re seeing that with Snyder.  Do you think he’d have skimmed the other owners if he knew he would get hammered for it?  He wasn’t afraid.  

Owners don’t want anyone checking out their dirty laundry.  The money they are making with zero effort is just too insanely large that they don’t really care.  They have all known about Snyder running a gross organization for decades.  They did nothing.  Maybe now that he skimmed a few bucks off their take they might suddenly pretend to be indignant.  Who knows. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Owners don’t want anyone checking out their dirty laundry.  The money they are making with zero effort is just too insanely large that they don’t really care.  They have all known about Snyder running a gross organization for decades.  They did nothing.  Maybe now that he skimmed a few bucks off their take they might suddenly pretend to be indignant.  Who knows. 

I agree with all of that.  I’m just surprised they’d agree to a clause in the Personal Conduct Policy that states that they have to be more strict with owners than they do with players.  Oops. 

8 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I agree with all of that.  I’m just surprised they’d agree to a clause in the Personal Conduct Policy that states that they have to be more strict with owners than they do with players.  Oops. 

they can decide what their own “punishment” will be so it’s not really a problem for them 

14 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/16/nflpas-defense-of-deshaun-watson-will-take-aim-at-nfls-treatment-of-multiple-owners/

The NFLPA intends to challenge any suspension of Watson, citing the very lenient handling of violations of owners Snyder, Kraft and Jones and the Personal Conduct Policy that states:

“Ownership and club or league management have traditionally been held to a higher standard and will be subject to more significant discipline when violations of the Personal Conduct Policy occur.”

I never thought the league would agree to a clause like that.  The NFL rarely holds owners accountable for just about anything so they had to see something like this coming. 

It's a good strategy from the NFLPA. They have to basically get to the place of demonstrating that the approach taken to Watson is irrational, so demonstrating where it is inconsistent with other punishments helps them in that endeavour. The issue will be that those were all single allegations and so it is not apples to apples. But it is a reminder, as if any were needed, that while the NFL has very broad discretion in its enforcement of its personal conduct policy it doesn't have carte blanche to operate irrationally. There needs to be a consistency in their approach. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

It's a good strategy from the NFLPA. They have to basically get to the place of demonstrating that the approach taken to Watson is irrational, so demonstrating where it is inconsistent with other punishments helps them in that endeavour. The issue will be that those were all single allegations and so it is not apples to apples. But it is a reminder, as if any were needed, that while the NFL has very broad discretion in its enforcement of its personal conduct policy it doesn't have carte blanche to operate irrationally. There needs to be a consistency in their approach. 

I agree with all of that except the single allegations part.  I’m not sure about Jones, but Kraft made multiple visits to that massage parlor and there were a multitude of women making allegations against Snyder.  Those might’ve gotten rolled up into a single charge or class action suit, but there was more than one event and woman involved in both.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.