Source: Bills interested in Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore

YoloinOhio

32 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Size probably limits him to the slot position as a receiver, but he would be an upgrade from McKenzie as a gadget player.  He's probably got enough mass to line up in the backfield as a running back.  He would be a fun tool for an offensive coordinator that has some imagination.

He's more a slot guy in the immediate future, but I definitely think he's got the potential to play outside, long term.

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s not a 1st rounder, though some team could reach. 

I think a very likely scenario is us trading our 1 back and improving our 2... Seems like our slots in the first and second aren't great fits for WR and CB needs. But 2 early 2s feels like it's a really good spot to address both. 

source: Brugler Dane - released his "Beast" today - 1698 player rankings and 398 player analysis

small extract from the Athletic (paywall)

projects as slot-receiver - 7th best WR and 39th overall

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at Western Michigan, Moore was a boundary wide receiver (slot and outside) in offensive coordinator Eric Evans’ RPO-based scheme. A quarterback and cornerback in high school, he made the switch to receiver at WMU, learned under Dee Eskridge and became the first 1,000-yard receiver since Corey Davis (2016), averaging 5.7 catches per game over his 30 games for the Broncos. A physically and mentally tough competitor, Moore creates route leverage with his foot quickness and is extremely reliable at the catch point thanks to his large, sticky hands and quick-reaction ball skills. Although he isn’t an explosive YAC threat, he flashes natural instincts with the ball in his hands and makes it a chore for defenders to get him on the ground. Overall, Moore might have [52] trouble creating sizable passing windows vs. NFL coverage, but he has outstanding hands and reflexes with the detail-oriented mindset to grow into a three-level threat. He projects best as an NFL slot receiver. GRADE: 2nd Round (No. 39 overall

Edited by First Round Bust
sp
  • Thank you (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, SaratogaMike said:

You can have Skyy. I'd rather have Calvin Austin.

My sentiments exactly.  If we're gonna go the route of undersized, speedy WR's, I'd much rather prefer Austin.  I will say I like Moore's physicality over Austin's, he isn't afraid of contact, and will fight for balls. However, Austin's got blazing speed and gets separation routinely cause of that extra gear.  Moore ran a solid 4.41 forty, but Austin ran a smoking 4.32.  Austin also has the potential to be a PR.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.