Seahawks turn down Jets offer of the #10 pick for DK Metcalf

Greg S

On 4/6/2022 at 4:44 PM, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Could always trade up for a Sammy Watkins...or just sit back and draft N’Keal Harry.

I guess I don’t understand the quote..the Jets “were” going to offer...sounds like they didn’t..so how did the Seahawks turn down the Jets offer?

On 4/6/2022 at 4:49 PM, GunnerBill said:

Sounds like there were talks that stopped short of an offer.

Sal had Howard Eskin (Philly Media) on today - he was one of the original reports on this.

His take from the insiders he knows with the Jets was the Jets called and were willing to offer the #10 pick, but the Seahawks stopped them prior to the offer and said they are not open to trades right now.

It sounds like the #10 was not the only pick they planned to offer, but the other picks were really less significant.  It also sounded like the Jets are not the only team to call and none have made a “legitimate” offer as the Seahawks are not really listening to offers.

Basically - Eskin stated the Jets (and other teams) have called multiple times and currently the Seahawks are turning down every discussion that includes Metcalf.  

It was never a formal offer that was turned down, but it was a starting point the Jets were looking at to get Metcalf and before anything could be put out - the Seahawks said no thank you and moved on.

Edited by Rochesterfan

On 4/6/2022 at 7:43 PM, Greg S said:

That is the popular thought here in the NYC/NJ area. Predictions are they go DE with the #4 pick and WR at #10. Draft will be very interesting for the local teams here. Both the Jets and Giants have two picks each in the top 10.

Jets also have a big need at DB....Sauce Gardner looks too difficult to pass up in the top 10.   Damn the Dolphins and Jets for having all these top picks.

On 4/6/2022 at 2:21 PM, unbillievable said:

I don't understand how every NFL fan on the internet was in love with DK during the draft, and he still fell to the end of the 2nd round.

I honestly believe that if they let the fans pick a team's 1st and 2nd round, they would do better.

go back and look at the "no matter what, whos your guy in this draft" thread from last year lol i read like 9 pages and it was baaaaaaaaad in hindsight

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

go back and look at the "no matter what, whos your guy in this draft" thread from last year lol i read like 9 pages and it was baaaaaaaaad in hindsight

I remember there were lots of people around here banging the table for Mason Rudolph in the first round or drafting the kid from Syracuse (can’t remember his name) 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

MVP Drew Lock

This is the team that really has the biggest question marks and it has nothing to do with any possibility of a success story this year. Why in God’s name would you roll with a 70+ year old coach and a GM who has made repeatedly bad decisions for the past six seasons? If you were going to trade the best quarterback your franchise has ever had and roll with Geno Smith and Drew Lock as your quarterbacks, then you should probably go ahead and recognize that the time has come to move forward and rebuild the franchise from the GM to the coach. There is some talent on this team, it’s just no longer in the front office or coaching ranks.

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

This is the team that really has the biggest question marks and it has nothing to do with any possibility of a success story this year. Why in God’s name would you roll with a 70+ year old coach and a GM who has made repeatedly bad decisions for the past six seasons? If you were going to trade the best quarterback your franchise has ever had and roll with Geno Smith and Drew Lock as your quarterbacks, then you should probably go ahead and recognize that the time has come to move forward and rebuild the franchise from the GM to the coach. There is some talent on this team, it’s just no longer in the front office or coaching ranks.

They're tanking for next season.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

They're tanking for next season.

So is that the year that they clean house? It just seems ridiculous to do so. Get in your new coach and let him work with the players and put his system in place. If you’re going to tank, let it be a learning experience.

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

So is that the year that they clean house? It just seems ridiculous to do so. Get in your new coach and let him work with the players and put his system in place. If you’re going to tank, let it be a learning experience.

I doubt they're going to clean house. 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This literally makes no sense to me at all they have no quarterback but they’re going to pay huge contract to a wide receiver to have a down year

I kind of get it they want him to be there for the QB they're going to try and draft next year I'd guess. Not sure how much confidence I have in them pulling that off right though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.