Seahawks turn down Jets offer of the #10 pick for DK Metcalf

Greg S

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

That is the popular thought here in the NYC/NJ area. Predictions are they go DE with the #4 pick and WR at #10. Draft will be very interesting for the local teams here. Both the Jets and Giants have two picks each in the top 10.

Both teams need all the top picks they can get...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mannc said:

If true, it’s an indication that the Jets will go WR at 10, or that they don’t think there’s a WR who’s worth the 10th pick…

Or they realize that most rookies WR aren't going to go the Ja'Marr Chase route and be a star in their rookie seasons. I give them credit for trying to help Wilson but as we saw with Josh it took more than a 1st rounder to get bonafide #1 WR in a trade. 

5 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Or even Oliver! ‘Hawks wouldn’t accept 10th pick but we could’ve had him for #9 a few years ago

Doubt they even trade him at all, but if they do happen to explore it I would guess it would take two 1st round picks along with a 3rd or 4th. 

9 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Doubt they even trade him at all, but if they do happen to explore it I would guess it would take two 1st round picks along with a 3rd or 4th. 

Seahawks gave up 2 1st round picks for Jamal Adams.. One of those picks is the 10th picks that the jets were offering for Metcalf. There's no way the Seahawks would accept that deal. 

If Jamal Adams is worth 2 1st round picks to them then Metcalf is worth 1000 of them. 

24 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Or they realize that most rookies WR aren't going to go the Ja'Marr Chase route and be a star in their rookie seasons. I give them credit for trying to help Wilson but as we saw with Josh it took more than a 1st rounder to get bonafide #1 WR in a trade. 

The package we sent for Diggs was less value than the #10 overall pick 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

I definitely didn’t think Justin Jefferson would become what he is today and I’m sure Beane didn’t think so either. He wasn’t among their “top 3 targets” they’d have to move up to get. If the Bills had stayed at 22 and selected JJ, I wonder if he would’ve been just as successful as Diggs in Buffalo.

Diggs was a known commodity and JA17 needed a legit #1 target.  JJ has been great, but wonder if Diggs experience helped JA17's development.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Seahawks gave up 2 1st round picks for Jamal Adams.. One of those picks is the 10th picks that the jets were offering for Metcalf. There's no way the Seahawks would accept that deal. 

If Jamal Adams is worth 2 1st round picks to them then Metcalf is worth 1000 of them. 

Exactly. That's what I was saying....going to take much more than just 10th overall pick. My guess is it would take a 1st round this year and next years 1st rounder along with a 2nd or 3rd. That may not even be enough lol

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

The package we sent for Diggs was less value than the #10 overall pick 

I don't follow the trade value chart when it comes to players. 

33 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Diggs was a known commodity and JA17 needed a legit #1 target.  JJ has been great, but wonder if Diggs experience helped JA17's development.

Am sure he did and I'd be willing to bet that if we drafted JJ he likely not had same production as he's had in Minnesota. 

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

This is strange WR Draft because any of the top 6-7 guys could be the best WR in the class.  

Can someone tell me Jameson Williams at 20 won't be better than Garrett Wilson at 10, or the potential of Christian Watson in the mid-late 20's... Treylon Burks who's stock seems to be dropping.  Not to mention Olave and Dotson..

I have no clue who ends up top WR..  A lot of it may just depend on fit/situation. 

If I'm the Jets, I'm going back to Seattle with a higher offer.  If they still say no, so be it. 

A higher offer than #10?

Personally, I think Seattle is crazy.  They have to know that they're not going anywhere any time soon.  That trade would have given them picks #9 & #10, that they could have done a number of things with.

Hell, at least counter the offer.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I don't understand how every NFL fan on the internet was in love with DK during the draft, and he still fell to the end of the 2nd round.

I honestly believe that if they let the fans pick a team's 1st and 2nd round, they would do better.

Some guys get overthought.  

12 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I don't understand how every NFL fan on the internet was in love with DK during the draft, and he still fell to the end of the 2nd round.

I honestly believe that if they let the fans pick a team's 1st and 2nd round, they would do better.

Bills would have ended up with Rosen if the fans picked.

But you are right with DK.  That was a weird one why he dropped so far. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

A higher offer than #10?

Personally, I think Seattle is crazy.  They have to know that they're not going anywhere any time soon.  That trade would have given them picks #9 & #10, that they could have done a number of things with.

Hell, at least counter the offer.

Seattle is a tough one for the Jets to go back to the well with in a trade given the dumpster fire move they made for Jamal Adams.  

More than likely, the Jets would have to pay a "make things right" tax on a potential trade, part 2, with Seattle.  Certainly giving them back their own pick is not going to do it.  

If I'm Seattle, I'll counter with give me 4 and a 3rd or 10 and a 2nd.  

If Seattle doesn't want a QB, what do they care about having #10 as the only return for DK...not a ton of difference in the eyes of most of the player you can get at 10 compared to 20.  

The price for a #1 has gone up since we traded a late 1st for Diggs.

4 hours ago, H2o said:

The Jets are looking to cash in with a proven NFL WR versus taking their chances in the draft it seems. Can't blame them. We pretty much did the same thing in trading for Diggs. It doesn't always work out for the other side like it did with Minnesota drafting Jefferson. 

This is where a team really needs  scouting personnel that they trust with their assessments. Jefferson was great for Minnesota because Cousins though not great is still a better thrower than Wilson or Tua.

They're better off drafting a WR that can grow and develop with Wilson than trading for someone that'll complain about not being utilized properly. 

Jets still have a few years to contend, if ever. But if Tua doesn't progress with Hill, Waddle and Gesecki it's gonna be a real 💩 show in South Florida 

Can't wait!!!!!😋

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Seattle is a tough one for the Jets to go back to the well with in a trade given the dumpster fire move they made for Jamal Adams.  

More than likely, the Jets would have to pay a "make things right" tax on a potential trade, part 2, with Seattle.  Certainly giving them back their own pick is not going to do it.  

If I'm Seattle, I'll counter with give me 4 and a 3rd or 10 and a 2nd.  

If Seattle doesn't want a QB, what do they care about having #10 as the only return for DK...not a ton of difference in the eyes of most of the player you can get at 10 compared to 20.  

The price for a #1 has gone up since we traded a late 1st for Diggs.

I was thinking, even if they didn't want a QB out of this crop, you have two firsts inside the top 10.  Parlay those into picks for next year and beyond. 

Having DK on a monster deal isn't going to do them much good with their current QB situation.

Edited by Chicken Boo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.