Seahawks turn down Jets offer of the #10 pick for DK Metcalf

Greg S

2 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Lol, yeah gona take a lot more than that. Maybe that was just the Jets 1st offer testing the waters, but I don't want to give the Jets too much credit. No brainer it will take multiple high picks for a player like DK.

Hes a freak for sure, but lots of grumbling about him taking plays off, if thats the case then dont want him here.

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Seattle is a tough one for the Jets to go back to the well with in a trade given the dumpster fire move they made for Jamal Adams.  

More than likely, the Jets would have to pay a "make things right" tax on a potential trade, part 2, with Seattle.  Certainly giving them back their own pick is not going to do it.  

If I'm Seattle, I'll counter with give me 4 and a 3rd or 10 and a 2nd.  

If Seattle doesn't want a QB, what do they care about having #10 as the only return for DK...not a ton of difference in the eyes of most of the player you can get at 10 compared to 20.  

The price for a #1 has gone up since we traded a late 1st for Diggs.

If Hawks did happen to counter for some reason it would be much more than what you suggested imo. I believe it would be at least 2 first rounders this draft and next years along with a 2nd round or 3rd round pick. Maybe more than that.

As for QB, I don't know but this QB class isn't very impressive as many have said. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hes a freak for sure, but lots of grumbling about him taking plays off, if thats the case then dont want him here.

I haven't heard anything regarding him "taking plays off" or whatnot myself. I doubt that he has. In any case, he won't be coming here either way if you want him or not lol

3 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

THe only complaint I hear from seahawks fans is that he disappears for several games between breakout performances.

Hmmmm, well I haven't heard anything about that, although I don't come across many Hawks fans. The couple I do speak to here and there have never mentioned anything like that. Anyways, I remember when some fans would say the same thing about a Bills player sometimes....

I don't know for sure either way, could be just some frustrated fans saying anything

Dumb move by Seattle imo. Theyre going to have to give Metcalf $25m/year when they dont have a QB. And who knows if they find one during that contract.

Trade Metcalf for a top-10 pick, maybe trade out of that spot to acquire another 1st for next year, and hope there is a better QB candidate available to move up and get? Unless they like the dude from Liberty.

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dumb move by Seattle imo. Theyre going to have to give Metcalf $25m/year when they dont have a QB. And who knows if they find one during that contract.

Trade Metcalf for a top-10 pick, maybe trade out of that spot to acquire another 1st for next year, and hope there is a better QB candidate available to move up and get? Unless they like the dude from Liberty.

They can get more.

41 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

This is where a team really needs  scouting personnel that they trust with their assessments. Jefferson was great for Minnesota because Cousins though not great is still a better thrower than Wilson or Tua.

They're better off drafting a WR that can grow and develop with Wilson than trading for someone that'll complain about not being utilized properly. 

Jets still have a few years to contend, if ever. But if Tua doesn't progress with Hill, Waddle and Gesecki it's gonna be a real 💩 show in South Florida 

Can't wait!!!!!😋

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Probably. So give the Jets a counter. Sounds like they just shut it down with no intent to trade him for anything.

Even though they said they were not going to trade him you obviously wouldn't put much stock into it since lots of times a team says one thing then does opposite before you know it. 

I just think if they do happen to counter or explore trading him the asking price will be way too much and no team ends up doing it. 

44 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Which shouldn't be a huge shock. It was one of my concerns on him coming out. It is also a question for me with Metcalf about how well he'd fit going to a team who want him to be a pure #1 and don't a great route runner at #2. Seattle do not ask Metcalf to do a lot of things. They have consistently been up in the top 3 in the league for go routes thrown. That is Metcalf's game. I think he and Lockett is a perfect 1A and 1B... but put Metcalf on a bad team like the Jets I don't know if he is as successful because having paid a huge premium for him they would expect him to do more than run go routes. Put him on the Bills opposite Stef and you would be in business (I know that isn't going to happen....)

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Even though they said they were not going to trade him you obviously wouldn't put much stock into it since lots of times a team says one thing then does opposite before you know it. 

I just think if they do happen to counter or explore trading him the asking price will be way too much and no team ends up doing it. 

Yeah, probably. I just think theyre putting the cart before the horse signing Metcalf to a 2nd contract when they have no QB, and it could be a few seasons until they find one.

It's like signing TO when you have Trent Edwards at QB. Same thing Miami is doing.

5 hours ago, Mikie's Bills said:

How does an Eagles sideline reporter have the scoop on a potential trade between the Seahawks and Jets?

Wouldn't classify Eskin as an "NFL Insider"

Heard it from the ever accurate Eagle insider Merrill Reese...🤔

And yes, this is a disguised Ertz thread. 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

I don't understand how every NFL fan on the internet was in love with DK during the draft, and he still fell to the end of the 2nd round.

I honestly believe that if they let the fans pick a team's 1st and 2nd round, they would do better.

Because what fans value and what teams value are not always the same. I was surprised how far he fell, but I was not shocked he got out of round 1. He was, and to a large extent remains, a bit one dimensional. Now that dimension is definitely worth having but when you combined that with effort concerns at Ole Miss (as alluded to above the stories were when the season went south in Seattle last year those resurfaced) and the face he had been hurt.... it all combined to him sliding. He landed in pretty much the perfect spot. If he'd gone to a west coast style, timing scheme offense I think 3 years in people would be asking whether he is a bust. 

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

This is strange WR Draft because any of the top 6-7 guys could be the best WR in the class.  

Can someone tell me Jameson Williams at 20 won't be better than Garrett Wilson at 10, or the potential of Christian Watson in the mid-late 20's... Treylon Burks who's stock seems to be dropping.  Not to mention Olave and Dotson..

I have no clue who ends up top WR..  A lot of it may just depend on fit/situation. 

If I'm the Jets, I'm going back to Seattle with a higher offer.  If they still say no, so be it. 

Or another Cooper Kupp in the 3rd Gabriel Davis in the 4th.  Diggs in the 5th. There's hidden gems all over the draft and I trust the Bills FO to flush them out. This year I can see multiple CB's and DB's, along with OL, LB and possibly TE if they don't feel Sweeney is stepping up.

36 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Actually, not so dumb.  Keep him this year, franchise him next & either keep him & sign him or trade him next year & know what place in the draft the team they're trading him to has.   If I was running Seattle I'd keep him re-sign him & if I want a QB I have 2 1sts (one which may be very high) & 2 2nds to trade next year & have my QB & #1 WR.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.