Rumor: Bills want to move up in draft, may move a veteran or two to accomplish it

Logic

12 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Not for Sauce Gardner. Elite CB. 

He may very well go in the top 5…it would cost way too much…plus our zone-heavy defense doesn’t require that type of CB with elite man-to-man coverage ability.

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Diggs would be a blockbuster trade, not a “move a veteran to move up in the draft”. 

Moss might have 5th round pick value, at the most.  

Edmunds & Singletary are the only ones with “move up” value that make any sense to me. 

Our Safeties & Milano being the wild cards.  

Singletary would get us from 25 to MAYBE 24.8

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If we won’t draft Breece Hall, my next best choice is Sauce Gardner. Would absolutely trade up for him. 

Would you give up the entire draft plus next years first for Sauce?  Might be nonsense, but lots of smoke has sauce to the jets @ 4.  Trading from 25 to 2-3 is gonna be expensive 

• Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

We could possibly get up to 7… framework would be somewhat similar to the Bills/Chiefs trade in 2017.

For reference that was…

2017 1st (27th)

2017 3rd (91st)

2018 1st 

FOR

2017 1st (10th) 

If we did something like…

2022 1st (25th)

2022 3rd (89th)

2023 1st

FOR

2022 1st (7th) 

You get pretty close on the trade chart…

1500 in exchange for 1200… not quite there yet. 

That’s where the veteran comes in… kick in a guy like Moss to make it work? 

I should say… I’m not REALLY an advocate and of this. Although I absolutely am in love with Sauce Gardner

I’d actually like to move out of RD1 unless surprise guy falls to 25. I just don’t love the value there.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Great point.

So again the key question is…

Who might Beane be “in love” with?

Gotta be a corner, right? It’s a high value enough position that moving up for an elite one makes sense.

If we’re talking “elite”, Gardner and Stingley seem like the two possibilities. Of those two, I’m not sure which is more of a Beane guy.

Oh, close call.  I'd take Stingley I think given higher level of competition faced.  Also, I think both are better "man" than zone corners (according to something I read), but not sure if that matters.  

15 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not if you are looking for a stud DB who could be even better than Tre White, but other than that I would tend to agree the Bills should (and ultimately probably will) stay put.

Agree, me thinks that Beane wants that special Sauce (Gardner).  That’s the only player I’m trading up for in the 6-10 range.  (Nearly all mocks have Hamilton top 5 and (we don’t have the ammo for this move) that might mike it outside of the top 5.    I’d move up for a Stingley in the 10-15 range and WR (Wilson/Williams) in the 15-20 range.  Should be exciting! 

17 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

What if the Bills trade edmunds, and pickup Bobby Wagner in free agency who is looking for a 1 year deal? We move up for a top cb and even save 2 mil in cap space. 

I like it but the move is for WR.  I think picking up another vet CB is in the works - Rhodes/Nelson/Haden.

As the TSW draft showed, the top tier WRs have a huge runoff in the 5-8 spots right in front of us.  Don't tell me Beane doesn't read the board.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I told you guys... This was was the dream I had last night...😉

I've been mocked for saying we're moving up for over a month now.  

You want to win now, you don't sit around and "hope" your guy is there at pick 25.

I'll trade the Giants 25 and a first next year for the 5th pick and call it a day.  Maybe get them to give us a 4th in 2023.  

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Logic said:

Zig is good. I’m not saying this is a lead pipe lock, but it’s also not nothing.

Don’t be surprised if it happens. And for the love of God, let’s not turn this into a Tremaine Edmunds thread!

So then are we moving up to draft a gifted athletic freak who has little football instinct, misses the gap, misses tackles and needs to chase down guys from behind….oh wait we already got one of those.  

Zack Moss has virtually zero value. And yes, we all dream of Edmunds being dumped...

But two options a little different then mentioned that I think are the best suspects due to their impending free agency and return value...

I would not be the slightest but surprised if we dealt Singletary.  He will have more value than Mosas and he is an impending FA we are not going to retain. 

Another surprise candidate might be Dawson Knox. If management has a sense of the money he wants in FA and how TEs can be overpaid, they might have signed Howard to move on from Knox and get a return before he leaves in Free Agency.  

Remember you need to give something of value to get something.  No one wants Epenesa or Cody Ford.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.