What non-QB has the highest trade value in the NFL?

FireChans

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I am the opposite, though I don't think TJ is a ridiculous answer by any means, he is clearly elite. I just think Myles is more gifted.

You have repeated the Darnold mistake!! 

Lmao, it keeps auto correcting to Darnold.  I know it’s Donald, he’s one of favorite non-Bills players. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That doesn’t really make him more disruptive though.  Makes him more valuable one could say, but being more disruptive would equate to more sacks, pressures, forced fumbles, tackles, etc.  And TJ is doing at the highest rate in the NFL right now.  

I get the value of getting what Donald brings from the DT position, and he’s arguably the best DT of all time and one of the best defensive players overall of all time.  But as it equates to the question of the OP, his age and retirement rumors would hurt his trade value. 

When was the last time you saw TJ Watt blocked by 3 Offensive Linemen and the RB?  Because it happens to Donald semi-frequently apparently(see pictures below)

Donald is double teamed+ on 70% of his snaps, TJ Watt on only 15%.  

"Aaron Donald Stats

Aaron Donald was double-teamed a record 70% of all plays throughout the season, which he beat 27% of the time. T.J. Watt on the other hand, only get double-teamed 15% of all plays. The problem is, the statistics that J.J. Watt put up in support of his brother only tell half the story. They ignore the attention that AD gets from the offensive line."

https://thesportsrush.com/nfl-news-t-j-watt-led-nfl-in-every-major-category-j-j-watt-thinks-t-j-watt-deserve-dpoy-over-aaron-donald/

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

When was the last time you saw TJ Watt blocked by 3 Offensive Linemen and the RB?  Because it happens to Donald semi-frequently apparently(see pictures below)

Donald is double teamed+ on 70% of his snaps, TJ Watt on only 15%.  

"Aaron Donald Stats

Aaron Donald was double-teamed a record 70% of all plays throughout the season, which he beat 27% of the time. T.J. Watt on the other hand, only get double-teamed 15% of all plays. The problem is, the statistics that J.J. Watt put up in support of his brother only tell half the story. They ignore the attention that AD gets from the offensive line."

It is a fact that interior players get doubled more. A lot of plays are specifically designed to double defensive tackles, whoever they are, so disruptive ones like Donald get particular attention. Ed Oliver was the 6th most doubled defender in the NFL in 2021, for example. 

But then even among the big name outside rushers TJ gets doubled less than a lot of other guys. The Steelers are very good at scheming him into 1v1 situations. That shouldn't be held against him in any major way but when you compare him to Donald and Garrett who beat double teams consistently it should be factored into the discussion alongside the bald production numbers to get a proper holistic view. 

4 hours ago, FireChans said:

Sure he can but I’d rather have Joe Burrow. He had an OUTRAGEOUS 8.9 YPA last year.

Oh cmon, you dismissed him like its some no brainer.  He's no slouch and has been throwing guys into huge numbers for a long time. 

Anybody saying Chase Young has not been paying attention to Chase Young.

He had 1.5 sacks total last year and was consistently out of position and a legit liability on the field…. and you guys think he’s the BEST young player in the NFL?

No.

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Don't know about "not even close". Aaron Donald should be close, Bosa too for that matter

Donald might even be a better option. Saying it’s not even close when Aaron Donald still plays football is laughable.

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

Sure he can but I’d rather have Joe Burrow. He had an OUTRAGEOUS 8.9 YPA last year.

That is an insane YPA...that's what happens when you give an outstanding young quarterback an absolute monster WR1...and a damn good WR2.  That's why I want the Bills to take Christian Watson...  

#1 -Aaron Donald.......doubled teamed 70% of time.....cincy triple teamed him (that retirement talk is just contract posturing)

#2 - TJ Watt

is there even a recent example of a young superstar non-qb getting traded while still on his rookie deal ??

obviously we have tyreek hill and devonte adams for comparison

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.