Tre’s recovery?

oldmanfan

1 hour ago, Magox said:

I think I remember reading that he probably wouldn’t play until October, possibly November.

You guys are smoking some good stuff up there. Tre would need to get run over by a bus to not be ready for the season. Will he be his 100% best, perhaps not. But, he’ll be on the field.

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would not rule it out.  There has literally been no news on how his rehab is going.

Corner is a serious concern

There has, actually. 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/02/bills-tredavious-white-on-track-to-return-in-2022

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/3/2/22958602/tredavious-white-on-schedule-in-return-from-injury

I agree that CB is a concern, but not because of Tre White. 

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I wonder if Tre is ahead of schedule on his ACL rehab.  That might explain not going after a CB in free agency.

I’m really hoping we’re waiting for the price to come down on corners….

I really am.

With Bates gone we need (at least) two corners and two OGs…

8 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

I really am.

Unless we come to an agreement on an extension for Diggs, I don't see how we can sign anyone of true substance. We've done pretty much all the releases and restructures we could just to do what we've already done.

Beane has said time and again that we're pretty much done. Any acquisitions going forward will be of the 1 year variety for people who "value opportunity over money". Signings like Duke Johnson for 1 million in cap space and Jamison Crowder in 1.98 million in cap space are those types of moves.

Signing a quality starting Corner and being able to fit them in is a huge ask. It appears we're all in on the Draft. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I wonder if Tre is ahead of schedule on his ACL rehab.  That might explain not going after a CB in free agency.

I don't think that's it. One needs to hope for the best but prepare for the worst. We do not know how Tre will be after he comes back. He may never be the same. He probably will be, but there need to be good back-up options.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Unless we come to an agreement on an extension for Diggs, I don't see how we can sign anyone of true substance. We've done pretty much all the releases and restructures we could just to do what we've already done.

Beane has said time and again that we're pretty much done. Any acquisitions going forward will be of the 1 year variety for people who "value opportunity over money". Signings like Duke Johnson for 1 million in cap space and Jamison Crowder in 1.98 million in cap space are those types of moves.

Signing a quality starting Corner and being able to fit them in is a huge ask. It appears we're all in on the Draft. 

That sounds horrible! At the very least we have to start a rookie CB but I was hoping to get someone better than Dane Jackson…

We are in huge trouble at corner. Week one is going to be scary back there.

And then at guard it’s the same thing. Ford has showed us time and again he is pretty bad and that’s all we got at RG…

What do we do?

Go: CB, CB, OG, WR, OG, P, LB?

That’s asking a lot for a third rounder to start at RG. Maybe: CB, OL, CB, OL?

Then you’re probably starting a third rounder at CB….

Plus, I really wanted a WR by the 2nd round this year. I don’t think we can afford to do that with almost zero corners and RGs…

• Dislike 1

Tre is putting in the work. He will be ready when he’s supposed to be. God’s will. I’d love to pick up Steve Nelson on a 2 year deal 3.5 per . Just to have an experienced Qb in the mix. He’s got experience and plays with a feisty edge. He’d be a nice addition. We also have to add a CB in first four rounds in draft. I’m very bullish on Cam Lewis too. He can play both inside & out. 

28 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Why not because of Tre white? On schedule means next November….

25 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

I really am.

Two corners, sure.   Not sure about “at least two..”.  

We’re only going to carry 4 outside corners on the 53, at most.   Last year we mainly ran with Tre, Levi and Dane.   Wildgoose got poached off the PS.  Same with another pick at OG in Anderson.   Can’t keep having that happen.. 

1 minute ago, Paul Costa said:

Tre is putting in the work. He will be ready when he’s supposed to be. God’s will. I’d love to pick up Steve Nelson on a 2 year deal 3.5 per . Just to have an experienced Qb in the mix. He’s got experience and plays with a feisty edge. He’d be a nice addition. We also have to add a CB in first four rounds in draft. I’m very bullish on Cam Lewis too. He can play both inside & out. 

41 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

You guys are smoking some good stuff up there. Tre would need to get run over by a bus to not be ready for the season. Will he be his 100% best, perhaps not. But, he’ll be on the field.

What makes you say that? The NFL has an established time of approximately one year recovery from a torn ACL….

And sometimes it’s longer or the player takes a long time to feel comfortable. Some even lose their extreme speed.

If Tre comes back in Late October and plays well that would be awesome…a great achievement by Tre…

58 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Tre onto the PUP list? Not happening.

LOL….

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.