If we make ZERO moves between now & the draft and you had to bet everything on our 1st round draft pick, it would be...?

Round 1 draft pick  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Position we draft in round 1 if no more moves after signing Jamison Crowder

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I like some CB’s projected around 25. The question wasn’t about a dire need even with Haden.

Huh?

29 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s definitely not far fetched at all.

I would like to see it happen. I just doubt it will considering CAP space and that he's a high profile FA.

Regardless... even if we get him we need a CB 

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Huh?

I would like to see it happen. I just doubt it will considering CAP space and that he's a high profile FA.

Regardless... even if we get him we need a CB 

You said no moves made in the question but then said late even with Haden added. Two different things. 

CB is an obvious depth need without making another move.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You said no moves made in the question but then said late even with Haden added. Two different things. 

CB is an obvious depth need without making another move.

First of all, it's amazing that you're immediate response is solely to the relatively distant hypothetical tangent in the OP rather than just acknowledging what you acknowledge here.

Second of all, CB is a pretty obvious depth need even IF we were to add Haden.

And why the F did Joe Haden become the centerpiece of this conversation? If I asked you to bet $100 on us getting him right now, would you?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Corner. And not least because ever sim I run at the moment there are receivers I think could make an impact in year one at #57. The corners who I think could be impact players as rooks never get there. 

Of course "anything is possible in the Draft" but we know the Bills run dozens of in house mock scenarios. They play the percentages. 

I think they will take a corner. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Do we need all of these draft threads? Asking for a friend.

I have a hard time getting into the draft anymore. It was everything in years past when we sucked. Now that we are good I just like ehhh, the draft will happen and Allen will have us in the playoffs regardless of the picks... lol

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Beast said:

Corner is a huge need and I think WR is as well. If Diggs ever went down.....yikes. 

Agree. I still think guard is too. Those three areas worry me. 

So then you have to look at the right strategy for this draft. The guys who can make an impact year 1 at corner will be gone first. I think you can argue that the guards might thin out next but positional value would suggest you go receiver 2nd. 

Personally I think corner round 1, receiver round 2, interior OL and Tight End in some order in rounds 3 and 4. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

First of all, it's amazing that you're immediate response is solely to the relatively distant hypothetical tangent in the OP rather than just acknowledging what you acknowledge here.

Second of all, CB is a pretty obvious depth need even IF we were to add Haden.

And why the F did Joe Haden become the centerpiece of this conversation? If I asked you to bet $100 on us getting him right now, would you?

CB as we stand today is a dire need at 25. If we add Joe Haden it’s not. Simple as that. CB depth can be filled many ways. Depth will be addressed sometime this offseason.

Last year I thought they’d do more at CB, everyone did. All they added was a 6th rounder. I think the right CB has to be there. A few could go in the early 20’s. If they stand at 25 and the draft falls wrong for CB they aren’t going to reach.

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Offensive line in general still worries me…Dawkins started playing well to end the season, Saffold is an aging, regressing vet. Morse is solid. We have no RG if Bates is gone and Brown was a gigantic mess at times at RT last season…. Honestly surprised they haven’t done more instead of focusing on the defensive line rotation which always seems to be the priority every off-season. 

I think we will see interior OL addressed with multiple picks in the draft. Same with CB and WR. The only question is order.

It would not be shocking to see the Bills go CB - CB in round #1 and round #2 (magically they will be BPA at the time) - I then think R#3 is BPA (whatever position) and round 4 on there will be focus on O-line. I know those who watch highlight clips love the idea of picking up a WR high in the draft. It’s possible the Bills may not take one at all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.