If we make ZERO moves between now & the draft and you had to bet everything on our 1st round draft pick, it would be...?

Round 1 draft pick  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Position we draft in round 1 if no more moves after signing Jamison Crowder

I am asking this question primarily because I see a GAPING hole at CB right now. Plus though we all hope Tredavious White will be back and ready to play in prime form in September... you've gotta be prepared if he's not.

That leaves our #1 and #2 CB position in question.

Even if we went out and got Joe Haden right now, I think we're still in dire straights at CB.

I won't be upset with WR or even Breece Hall in the 1st...

but I'd be shocked unless something happens...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Joe Haden, Taron Johnson, and Dane Jackson is worse than Levi Wallace, Taron Johnson, and Dane Jackson?

Dire straights? No. Plus Tre White back by week 3 or 4. Then it’s Tre White, Joe Haden, Dane Jackson, and Taron Johnson. Plus from all accounts they like Cam Lewis.

Did the Bills sign Joe Haden and I didn't hear about it?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Joe Haden, Taron Johnson, and Dane Jackson is worse than Levi Wallace, Taron Johnson, and Dane Jackson?

Dire straights? No. Plus Tre White back by week 3 or 4. Then it’s Tre White, Joe Haden, Dane Jackson, and Taron Johnson. Plus from all accounts they like Cam Lewis.

I agree.  I'm not going to freak out if we don't go CB at 25.  Haden, Dane & Taron can easily hold down the fort. And last I checked we have 2 pretty good safeties to back them up. Plus our pass rush should be improved making the CB's look better. 

The WR option is really tantalizing assuming there's good value there, but then I consider that our WR core (which was awesome the past two years), was just stocked via trade and with mid-round picks.  We've found adaquate CBs to pair with White in the past, but I just think we could build a truly dominating defense if we drafted a 2nd lockdown corner opposite Tre.  It's just such an important position in this day and age.

Interior O-line is definitely a big need as well, but I think we should be targeting rounds 2-4 for those picks.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

The WR option is really tantalizing assuming there's good value there, but then I consider that our WR core (which was awesome the past two years), was just stocked via trade and with mid-round picks.  We've found adaquate CBs to pair with White in the past, but I just think we could build a truly dominating defense if we drafted a 2nd lockdown corner opposite Tre.  It's just such an important position in this day and age.

Interior O-line is definitely a big need as well, but I think we should be targeting rounds 2-4 for those picks.

Yes, very good interior OL players can be found in those rounds. WR in round 2 could also be a play...very deep class there also.

I agree that CB is the biggest need but this team has shown an ability to create decent CB's and we all know how much McDermott loves his secondary. They could take 2 or 3 late round DB picks and turn it into something. Put me down for WR in the first. I can't really see them going RB but it's always smart to draft a WR in the top few rounds pretty much every year with a QB like Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Dunno... looks like everyone (including you) so far agrees CB is the position still in pretty dire need

Edited by transplantbillsfan

I almost feel like it's a no-brainer.  Beane has addressed so many needs its insane, yet absolutely nothing at the CB spot.

And because of that, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he went WR, OL, or somewhere else.  We all know how every year in the 1st round teams make picks noone saw coming, be they reaches, head scratchers, etc, thus causing players to fall.  Nothing is off the table when it comes to our GM, and I love that.  But obviously the safe bet is CB.  

Can I just say that it feels really, really good to head into the draft with no GAPING holes, and we have the luxury of actually going after BPA?  I honestly cannot think of an offseason like this one, and haven't been as excited for an upcoming season as I am for this one.  I have no clue whatsoever how I'm going to get through the next 5 months without spontaneously combusting.  

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree.  I'm not going to freak out if we don't go CB at 25.  Haden, Dane & Taron can easily hold down the fort. And last I checked we have 2 pretty good safeties to back them up. Plus our pass rush should be improved making the CB's look better. 

How's our CB depth at that point?

59 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

In his scenario we did.

That was one of the scenarios proposed, and it's a far fetched one that I don’t think will happen.

I noticed you voted CB anyway.

11 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

I almost feel like it's a no-brainer.  Beane has addressed so many needs its insane, yet absolutely nothing at the CB spot.

And because of that, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he went WR, OL, or somewhere else.  We all know how every year in the 1st round teams make picks noone saw coming, be they reaches, head scratchers, etc, thus causing players to fall.  Nothing is off the table when it comes to our GM, and I love that.  But obviously the safe bet is CB.  

Can I just say that it feels really, really good to head into the draft with no GAPING holes, and we have the luxury of actually going after BPA?  I honestly cannot think of an offseason like this one, and haven't been as excited for an upcoming season as I am for this one.  I have no clue whatsoever how I'm going to get through the next 5 months without spontaneously combusting.  

You're both recognizing the need to add a CB early in the draft, AND celebrating Beane for not leaving a "GAPING hole" at CB heading into the draft.

Let's not overthink this. CB is a HUGE need.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

You're both recognizing the need to add a CB early in the draft, AND celebrating Beane for not leaving a "GAPING hole" at CB heading into the draft.

Let's not overthink this. CB is a HUGE need.

I do acknowledge we need to address the CB spot, I guess I just don't see it as a gaping hole.   I have great faith in Jackson solidifying his spot at CB2, loving Taron Johnson at the nickel spot.  After that, Neal is next man up.....

Okay, CB is a huge need.  I stand corrected....

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.