If we make ZERO moves between now & the draft and you had to bet everything on our 1st round draft pick, it would be...?

Round 1 draft pick  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Position we draft in round 1 if no more moves after signing Jamison Crowder

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

So what if it does?  Losing to the Chiefs affected our plans on draft day last year.

I’m not saying anything will happen if we do. I just hope that Beane wouldn’t think along those lines.  The fins situation is completely different than the Miami situation.  Sure, compare all you want, they are different.  You know this.  

anyways.  I stated my opinion.  That’s all.

Edited by NewEra

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think there’s a chance that our first rd pick could be impacted by a dolphins trade.  Surely hope that isn’t the case.

Agreed. I don't think Beane considers any other team at all when looking to upgrade in the draft or free agency. There's really no reason to. Evaluate your own team and your own players and identify areas that need upgrading.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I chose other. Because other will be BPA.

We all know the lip service every GM, including Beane, gives to BPA.

We have also heard Beane specifically say that they take the "best player available AT A POSITION OF NEED".

It's a copout to always answer "we'll take the best player available", pretending that the team doesn't have preference when it comes to what position it would like to spend it's most premium pick on, and/or pretending that the odds of taking a corner aren't greater than, say, a linebacker. 

If you really, truly believe that they adhere that strictly to BPA, without regard to positional needs, then do you feel it's just as likely that the Bills draft a left tackle as that they draft a corner in the 1st round this year?

I think after the top 3 or 4 corners there is a significant drop off while the WR depth is considerably greater.  If one of the top corners falls to the Bills, that will be the pick.  If not, I presume it will be oline or WR depending on how the Bills have individual players graded.

I'm to the point where I think CB would be a horrible pick.  I don't even think it makes sense for us at 25... as so many suggest ie. safe pick/makes a ton of sense...  

We have a CB friendly system that is predicated upon pressure up front with four rushers.  

Invest high picks/assets in Offense and Defensive Line.  Everywhere else draft mid-late rounds and develop.  

No corner can cover for more than a few seconds and no corner can single cover guys like Hill & Chase.  

Score points, stop the run and pressure the QB.  

Edited by SCBills

On 3/23/2022 at 1:53 PM, NewEra said:

You can’t really think that we’re using our 1st rd pick with Miami in mind can you? 

Miami has been the boogeyman on this board for years despite josh Allen having one loss in his career against them which only happened because an ex dolphin couldn’t catch 😂

corner is still the biggest need but it has nothing to do with Miami specifically 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm going against the grain and going with OL here. Games are won and lost in the trenches. We need and upgrade at either G spot, is Bates really that good or was our interior OL play really that bad? Is Spencer Brown the answer. The depth in this area is also concerning. Protecting Allen and giving him weapons should always be priority #1, after that DL and everything else fills in, imo.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I'm to the point where I think CB would be a horrible pick.  I don't even think it makes sense for us at 25... as so many suggest ie. safe pick/makes a ton of sense...  

We have a CB friendly system that is predicated upon pressure up front with four rushers.  

Invest high picks/assets in Offense and Defensive Line.  Everywhere else draft mid-late rounds and develop.  

No corner can cover for more than a few seconds and no corner can single cover guys like Hill & Chase.  

Score points, stop the run and pressure the QB.  

Yea that’s also a good point…for years the pressure has been on the back end because we couldn’t get to the qb but that started to change a little last season and we added von on top of that.  If we’re just drafting a cb that’s not a game changer in the first round it may not be the best move.  
The dolphins should be easy to pressure…they didn’t help out the right side of their offensive line at all as of yet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.