Ryan "Rick" Bates Watch Thread

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

When did he become Rick Bates? I thought he was Ryan?

I think some of the guys on the team decided he looked more like a Rick...so the nickname stuck...👍

Edited by JaCrispy

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Except I don’t lament every move….I lamented them not doing jack ***** last offseason besides bringing it back and I was proven right…. I think they are the best team in the AFC, but have some glaring holes at the moment that need to be addressed. 

I dont necessarily think they were wrong.

They were 13 seconds away from the AFC Championship.....everyone wants to talk about that 13 seconds but the fact is EVERYTHING had to go right for the Chiefs to escape that game.

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I think the Bills just blew their Rick Bates money on Taiwan Jones...😉

Nope - Jones will have got vet minimum and, once you knock off whatever guy is 51st $$ on the Bill's roster, Jones will cost a couple hundred thousand  the cap.  Virtually nothing

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Huh? Chiefs were winning for most of the game and out playing/out coaching them as well….I’m not even talking about the 13 seconds. The Bills were lucky to be ahead at that point as I thought they were outplayed throughout most of it as Chiefs were clearly the more talented team. 

You just cant help yourself

The Cheifs were NOT winning for most of the game

When Josh Allen left the field we were winning

36 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They out-gained us in every statistical category… even without the overtime…. They were up 9 at one point… regardless, I am not trying to hijack the thread…. Let’s hope they do a lot more to upgrade the offensive line because as it stands now it’s a gigantic work in progress.👍🏻

Perhaps because they had the ball in OT & we did not.  👍

It is on Thursday’s NFL transaction list that Bates signed the Bears offer sheet. So the ball is our court to match or punt. I expect a match with a 2 year deal unless the Beats offer is silly and front loaded. 

Edited by Locomark

5 hours ago, Simon said:

I mean I reported this two days ago 👀

2 hours ago, Locomark said:

It is on Thursday’s NFL transaction list that Bates signed the Bears offer sheet. So the ball is our court to match or punt. I expect a match with a 2 year deal unless the Beats offer is silly and front loaded. 

It is poison pilled to make it very hard for Buffalo to match. 

He is a Bear. 

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It is poison pilled to make it very hard for Buffalo to match. 

Not hard to imagine that being the case. If he goes, this is the one Bills Free Agent that I will be truly disappointed that we did not bring back. It just does not jive with the "protect Josh" mantra of Beane at the end of the season. .... I guess they know more than I do, but I not seeing the plan here ????

Edited by CSBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Not hard to imagine that being the case. If he goes, this is the one Bills Free Agent that I will be truly disappointed that we did not bring back. It just does not jive with the "protect Josh" mantra of Beane at the end of the season. .... I guess they know more than I do, but I not seeing the plan here ????

The problem is we have such a small sample size to really evaluate Bates on. He is a risk to commit a serious chunk of change to. A team like the Bears, miles away from anything can afford to take that risk more than a team like the Bills loading up for a run where every penny counts. I am a bit disappointed with what they have done at guard in FA though. Got to believe we will see an interior OL in the meat and potatoes rounds of this draft (2 through 4).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1