Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m saying Hall is bigger and faster than White. Which I’d rather have the biggest and fastest RB with production. Hall > White 

Lol……of course he’s better than white…..

we can get bigger AND faster with White in rd 3-4 as opposed to using our 1st pick on one.  Not to mention, white is the superior pass catcher, by a lot, whether or not you agree.  

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m saying Hall is bigger and faster than White. Which I’d rather have the biggest and fastest RB with production. Hall > White 

You literally said that a 4.48 rb isn’t fast enough….,because he’s not as fast as Breece hall. This is the kind of stuff that you’re saying…..it makes no sense 

Edited by NewEra

Just now, NewEra said:

Lol……of course he’s better than white…..

we can get bigger AND faster with White in rd 3-4 as opposed to using our 1st pick on one.  Not to mention, white is the superior pass catcher, by a lot, whether or not you agree.  

Well according to NFL people in the know, our management has a love affair with Breece Hall. The same guys that said we had a love affair with Josh Allen. I guess we just wait and see at this point. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I really like White and would hope for him in round 3-5 if we don’t land Hall earlier. But there is no comparison. They aren’t close in talent and physicality. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Allen can't sling the ball if teams are able to slow us down by keeping both of their Safeties deep.  

If Allen has a guy that he can dump if off to that can turn a 5-8 yard gain into 20+... that will force them to bring their Safeties up, allowing Allen to sling it.  

I may be totally wrong, but Breece Hall - if we draft him - isn't a guy they plan on handing the ball off to 15x per game.  He's a guy they want out there to punish teams when Allen is forced to stay disciplined and check it down by the opposing defense. 

They keep two safeties deep and the short passes will be a plenty. Look for Crowder, Diggs, Knox, McKenzie, and or Davis to thrive. No way teams can cover all of the Bills weapons. Additionally, the Bills run game will be improved with the safties deep. Don't try to talk yourself in Hall as the pick. He doesn't grade out as elite.  He's not worthy of the 25th pick. Look at the hype CEH got. Thus far, that pick is suspect and very questionable. We will have to see whose available at 25 (if the Bills stay put.) 

Question to you and others. Where are the possible Hall landing spots if he's not drafted by the Bills? I can't see him going before pick 37 to the Texans. Thats being generous. Why in Gods name would they reach at 25 for Hall? If Hall is the Bills guy, a trade back is the only viable option.  

Edited by newcam2012

10 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Well according to NFL people in the know, our management has a love affair with Breece Hall. The same guys that said we had a love affair with Josh Allen. I guess we just wait and see at this point. 

LOL

oh man

how many times have the Bills met with White?

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

They keep two safeties deep and the short passes will be a plenty. Look for Crowder, Diggs, Knox, McKenzie, and or Davis to thrive. No way teams can cover all of the Bills weapons. Additionally, the Bills run game will be improved with the safties deep. Don't try to talk yourself in Hall as the pick. He doesn't grade out as elite.  He's not worthy of the 25th pick. Look at the hype CEH got. Thus far, that pick is suspect and very questionable. We will have to see whose available at 25 (if the Bills stay put.) 

Question to you and others. Where are the possible Hall landing spots if he's not drafted by the Bills? I can't see him going before pick 37 to the Texans. Thats being generous. Why in Gods name would they reach at 25 for Hall? If Hall is the Bills guy, a trade back is the only viable option.  

You are right CEH wasn’t worthy of a first round pick, he was a snail compared to Hall. Based on Halls measurements and production, he is absolutely worth it. Hall is Lynch size with more speed. 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

LOL

oh man

how many times have the Bills met with White?

Could be a contingency plan if they miss out on Hall. White would be ok in round 3-4, but the Bills more than likely value Hall a lot more given his size and speed combination. 

10 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

You are right CEH wasn’t worthy of a first round pick, he was a snail compared to Hall. Based on Halls measurements and production, he is absolutely worth it. Hall is Lynch size with more speed. 

Could be a contingency plan if they miss out on Hall. White would be ok in round 3-4, but the Bills more than likely value Hall a lot more given his size and speed combination. 

of course they value him more......he's a 1-2nd rd talent while white is not..... he's the better player....at a much higher cost.  

Edited by NewEra

15 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

1764121616_NewsArticle(2).thumb.jpg.d4685c22b9ed56a8bf3d02710ed288a9.jpg

I know this is fake because it hasn’t been New Era stadium in a while. Nice try though. 

2 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

If Hall ends up being as good as Najee Harris, that would be  a great pick at 25.

Jameson will be long gone.

You could reach for someone like Alec Pierce who could be available at 25.

🤢 🤮 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I would hope for more than 3.9 ypc.

Hall would likely have a 5.2 ypc. The low man boxes alone must have him salivating. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You would also hope for a better OL.  

Anything is better than Iowa States trash Oline. Not a single linemen will be a pro selection. 

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

already have much better than that with Motor

A better O-line, less men in the boxes because of Allen. It matter. Motor is serviceable, but any RB with talent could match his ypc given the circumstance. Motor had a 4.6 , and I’m willing to bet a RB like Hall could get 5.2 or slightly more in this offense. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

More of a reason to pick up a RB in the first and have the ability to add the 5th year option. Hell, even the franchise tag in a RB is just over $9m which is the 2nd cheapest tag per position in the league behind K/P. Which makes the desire for an early RB make more sense. Especially since you generally get RBs in their prime early in their careers and the drop off in production is steep after about 5 years (based on history). 

Quarterback$29.703 million

Running back$9.570 million

Wide receiver$18.419 million

Tight end$10.931 million

Offensive linemen$16.662 million

Defensive end$17.859 million

Defensive tackle$17.396 million

Linebacker$18.702 million

Cornerback$17.287 million

Safety$12.911 million

Kicker/punter$5.220 million

STOP!! You’re making too much sense. The VALUE is not there🤐

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

more ifs and buts. Well those two can’t stay healthy so I don’t include them with Henry and Taylor. 

2001? you realize the game, its players and coaches have evolved over 20 years right? Even if stodgy old takes like yours don’t.

I completely understand that the game has evolved. But that is irrelevant to the fact that if there is a guy that can turn into a Tomlinson type talent, he should be drafted in the first round if that's the way we feel about him. I mean, I couldn't imagine a GM saying "man, that guy could be the next LT but the NFL has evolved more, let's skip him". It's irrelevant. He doesn't need 400 carries, but I'd still rather have a Tomlinson type talent get 15-20 touches a game than Singletary and Moss

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Imagine the offense with a speed burner receiver. The RB game would be just that much better. I want that ball in Allen's arms slinging the ball not handing it off or checking down.

He can't throw it every play though and when he does hand it off, I want someone that can break a 60 yard TD run. Not Singletary or Moss

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Every Buffalo media guy seems to be portraying it the other way.  

Sal was again talking about it.  Beane had limited 1st round players somewhere in the 18-20 range and he expected at least 1 or 2 to be available at 25.

Then they asked about RB and Beane seemed to lump them in with the next group and on his show Sal said basically if all of the 1st round talent was gone - they would look at RB, but that position would require someone with exceptional talent to exceed the positional value.

So maybe he did not come right out and say they do not have a 1st round grade, but the way he spoke and the things the various media got from interviews seem to point very highly to them thinking he is not a first round talent (He might still get drafted in the first because of the limited talent levels in this draft).

We will see - as I have said - he could take him, but I think that would be about the last thing they want to do.  

I struggle to find many recent 1st round RBs that are elite and worth the pick.  You don’t think the Giants are kicking themselves for picking Barkley at this point.  He is way over paid for his production.  The sweet spot is 2nd and 3rd round for RB because the salary is acceptable and you can run them into the ground and move on.

Many of these 1st round guys end up getting a huge second contract to justify the pick (Zeke, CMC, even Barkley got his option) and they just are not worth it.

Give me Walker in the 2nd or Cook in the 3rd and a premium position in the 1st and I am happier than Hall in the first.

But we pick 25. If Beane is saying that he only has 18-20 first round grades, then technically any player we take past that is a 2nd round talent. So, why would Hall necessarily be a reach? He isn't technically a first round pick to them at that point. And you don't see a first round RB that's been worth it? You do realize that the non production of Barkley has been because of his injuries, right? Same with McCaffery. Are you seriously telling me they aren't elite players? I would take either one of them on this team right now. You lost the argument right there, I'm sorry. And yes, I have no issue with paying an elite RB a 2nd contract. Without the injuries, Barkley and McCaffery are definitely worth it

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

But we pick 25. If Beane is saying that he only has 18-20 first round grades, then technically any player we take past that is a 2nd round talent. So, why would Hall necessarily be a reach? He isn't technically a first round pick to them at that point. And you don't see a first round RB that's been worth it? You do realize that the non production of Barkley has been because of his injuries, right? Same with McCaffery. Are you seriously telling me they aren't elite players? I would take either one of them on this team right now. You lost the argument right there, I'm sorry. And yes, I have no issue with paying an elite RB a 2nd contract. Without the injuries, Barkley and McCaffery are definitely worth it

Or he’s within those top 20 players that they believe are the bonafide first rounders.  We won’t know the grades until they draft tomorrow and what’s left on the board.   I agree. Late first round might not be a reach and can be equivalent of a second rounder depending on strength at the top of that years draft. 

I think we will probably stay out but things will change rapidly tomorrow.  Regardless of what happens, we should just all hope for a run on QB’s and defensive linemen early.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

5 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

Or he’s within those top 20 players that they believe are the bonafide first rounders.  We won’t know the grades until they draft tomorrow and what’s left on the board.   I agree. Late first round might not be a reach and can be equivalent of a second rounder depending on strength at the top of that years draft. 

I think we will probably stay out but things will change rapidly tomorrow.  Regardless of what happens, we should just all hope for a run on QB’s and defensive linemen early.

Either way, even if either one of you are correct, the logic remains that Breece Hall as a pick makes sense. 

2 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

I would hope for more than 3.9 ypc.

To be fair, Najee Harris had 1200 yards of rushing and another 467 yards of receiving compiling 10 TD's total (7 rushing, 3 receiving) .

Thats 1667 yards from scrimmage.

For a pick at the back end of the first round, thats pretty good.

I think if we drafted a RB at 25 that came close to those numbers, I think Bills fans would be ecstatic.

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

I completely understand that the game has evolved. But that is irrelevant to the fact that if there is a guy that can turn into a Tomlinson type talent, he should be drafted in the first round if that's the way we feel about him. I mean, I couldn't imagine a GM saying "man, that guy could be the next LT but the NFL has evolved more, let's skip him". It's irrelevant. He doesn't need 400 carries, but I'd still rather have a Tomlinson type talent get 15-20 touches a game than Singletary and Moss

He can't throw it every play though and when he does hand it off, I want someone that can break a 60 yard TD run. Not Singletary or Moss

You sound like you think Hall is the next Adrian Peterson or OJ Simpson. There is a reason why Hall isn't even considered a 1st round pick. Sure he could be a nice pro runner but let's keep it in the right perspective. One scouting report states some concerns such as he runs high, not a one cut and go guy, limited zone scheme runner, and takes too long to get vertical. The guy is anything but a lock. The guy doesn't automatically equate to a home run hitter in the pros. I'd be happy trading down and getying him in the 40s because it's worth the risk. At 25, that's too rich when he almost certainly will be on the board at 35 plus. 

Breece Hall Im calling it today NFL draft day Eve................which will be a shock if Im right but it's a good guess. A bit of ground and pound with a generous side of Motor sounds great to me 🙂

GO BILLS!~!

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, muppy said:

Breece Hall Im calling it today NFL draft day Eve................which will be a shock if Im right but it's a good guess. A bit of ground and pound with a generous side of Motor sounds great to me 🙂

GO BILLS!~!

It’s as good of an educated guess as anything. While Singletary isn’t a bad RB, given how this is the last year of his contract, I wouldn’t be surprised if we are looking for a cheaper replacement and hopefully a more dangerous runner and receiver. I think Breece Hall is a talented RB, but just the past few days, it feels like the Bills will draft him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s as good of an educated guess as anything. While Singletary isn’t a bad RB, given how this is the last year of his contract, I wouldn’t be surprised if we are looking for a cheaper replacement and hopefully a more dangerous runner and receiver. I think Breece Hall is a talented RB, but just the past few days, it feels like the Bills will draft him. 

u been pounding the table mate it won't be long now. You sold me basically lol......sounds legit honestly

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Lots of players make sense

This is true, there are a handful of players I could see the Bills drafting. This might be the first draft in a long time to where multiple players make sense for this team. While I’m hoping for Hall, I’m not going to be mad if its Booth, Zion, or some other good player. 

2 minutes ago, muppy said:

u been pounding the table mate it won't be long now. You sold me basically lol......sounds legit honestly

I personally like going with gut instinct. I haven’t had this IT factor at RB since Jonathan Taylor, and the vibes are nearly the same. I just want a decent running game that is feared nearly as much as teams fear Allen. Because that will make Allen that much more dangerous. I not only want to win NFL games, I want to take names and make people remember us for a long long time. I want defenses to be like this team is unstoppable, they are dictating the game no matter what we throw at them. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, muppy said:

GO BILLS!~!

Just what we need, ground and pound instead of a modern NFL offense. Would really maximize our franchise QB. I’m ok with hall as long as we don’t run more. We need to run better not more

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MWK said:

Just what we need, ground and pound instead of a modern NFL offense. Would really maximize our franchise QB. I’m ok with hall as long as we don’t run more. We need to run better not more

Agreed. I don’t want to take away Allen’s fastball, but rather add another dimension to this team so defenses can’t key on one strength. I don’t think Muppy was implying that we should switch identities and start running a lot more. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'm hoping that the best thing that happened to the Bills running game this off-season will prove to have been bringing in new Line Coach. I really liked what I saw out of Singletary in the playoffs... in the passing game (which reminded me a lot of the old Thurman dump off days). I did not however see much if any improvement in the running game down the stretch. I'm therefore not convinced that if they improve in 2022 that it'll be because of Breece Hall.  I'm thinking it'll be because the O Line scheming finally learned how to open some holes.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I'm hoping that the best thing that happened to the Bills running game this off-season will prove to have been bringing in new Line Coach. I really liked what I saw out of Singletary in the playoffs... in the passing game (which reminded me a lot of the old Thurman dump off days). I did not however see much if any improvement in the running game down the stretch. I'm therefore not convinced that if they improve in 2022 that it'll be because of Breece Hall.  I'm thinking it'll be because the O Line scheming finally learned how to open some holes.

The problem is, teams know that Singletary and Moss have no speed and they are no threat to break one outside. That is a problem. Defenses need to be afraid of every inch of the football field. Defenses need to be afraid of what play is going to happen. If they see Singletary in the back field, defenses are going to guess that Singletary will not run a route, and chances are they will be more right than wrong. It’s a major weakness that good coordinators can key in on. Breece Hall makes the offense incredibly dangerous because his 4.39 speed getting to the outside, catching ability make it so defenses will never feel comfortable. They are to comfortable when Singletary and Moss are on the field. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1