Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

Just now, motorj said:

Just agreeing with his post. I'd say burning the clock would be useless against a team like KC and scoring as much with the ball in Josh's hands would be more beneficial than going conservative mode and burning the clock

its the threat.. its about 20-40 more yards of offense coming from the RB position... I dont want us to be TEN.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't disagree that you could find a good cornerback in the second or third round

I'm just saying that it's easier to find a good running back in round three compared to a good corner 

I think the drop off is significantly more for corners than running backs 

But you said it’s deep in high end corner talent….you literally said that. This is pointless…I’m not arguing with someone that doesn’t even know what they said. Have fun…

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Breece Hall is rated the best talent in this year’s draft. Better than Sauce Gardner and people want to pass on him because he’s a RB? He’s a weapon!! Listen to what all the draftniks say about adding him to this roster and how he will make this offense more potent. Path to the draft guys today were gushing over possibility of him in the backfield with Josh. Compared it to Kelly and Thurman. 

But…they can get ANY RB in ANY round and it won’t make a difference. Haha…good grief…

Just now, whorlnut said:

But you said it’s deep in high end corner talent….you literally said that. This is pointless…I’m not arguing with someone that doesn’t even know what they said. Have fun…

We can get good corners deep in the draft. Alontae Taylor can be had. I want to load up on offensive weapons in the first 2 rounds. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't disagree that you could find a good cornerback in the second or third round

I'm just saying that it's easier to find a good running back in round three compared to a good corner 

I think the drop off is significantly more for corners than running backs 

The Bills made it work with a 7th rounder and UDFA. Top rated passing defense. Not so much with 3rd rd RBs. Take away Josh Allen and our rushing attack was one of the worst in the league 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

With the talent of division one running backs there are a lot of good ones in every single round

There are 50 running backs in the NFL who have the talent to go for a thousand yards if given enough carries.. what most of them don't have is the longevity to do it for more than a season or two 

Every year there are good running backs that go undrafted.. That's how deep the pool is

The cornerback pool is not that deep

there are different Tiers of RB

Elite

Great

Good

Serviceable - Singletary 

I want good or great... You can get serviceable RB's in round 3 and 4... but how did that work out for Moss? he a round 3 RB yes? you act like every RB is going to be at least serviceable... just not true.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

You like contradicting yourself don’t you?  In one of your recent posts you literally boast about how deep this draft is at high end corner talent and then you say this…haha. Wow…

How am I contradicting myself? 

I said the class has five or six top corners .. outside of those five or six guys which are going to go in the top 40 picks

It's not as deep into the third or fourth round as running back

It's deep at high end talent not across the board 

Running back depth is going to be stronger in round three then the outside corners.. 

I know what I said

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The Bills made it work with a 7th rounder and UDFA. Top rated passing defense. Not so much with 3rd rd RBs. Take away Josh Allen and our rushing attack was one of the worst in the league 

100% this. We took average CBs in late rounds and turned them into respectable starters. There is no reason to reach on CB. We need an elite RB. 

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Elite

Great

Good

Serviceable - Singletary 

I want good or great... You can get serviceable RB's in round 3 and 4... but how did that work out for Moss? he a round 3 RB yes? you act like every RB is going to be at least serviceable... just not true.

Absolutely. Glad other people here understand this. So awesome. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

How am I contradicting myself? 

I said the class has five or six top corners .. outside of those five or six guys which are going to go in the top 40 picks

It's not that deep into the third or fourth round

It's deep at high end talent not across the board 

Running back depth is going to be stronger in round three then the outside corners..  there's like a round and a half worth of outside corner depth

You have no idea of knowing this. Guys like Taylor-Britt and McCollum could end up better than your “elite talent”. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

You have no idea of knowing this. Guys like Taylor-Britt and McCollum could end up better than your “elite talent”. 

Corner is one position I have the utmost confidence in McBeane. I don’t even waste my time “scouting” them anymore for drafts, because I just know it will work out if they pick one. I wish I could say that about other positions. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Corner is one position I have the utmost confidence in McBeane. I don’t even waste my time “scouting” them anymore for drafts, because I just know it will work out if they pick one. I wish I could say that about other positions. 

lol lets face facts... Buffalo has a strong track record scouting CB's lol

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Elite

Great

Good

Serviceable - Singletary 

There are busts and gems at every single position 

But running back depth does slide further

Jonathan Taylor , cam Akers , jk dobbins, aj dillon all recent 2nd rounders 

Miles Sanders 2nd round , Darrell Henderson 3rd , David Montgomery 3rd , Damien Harris 3rd.. tony pollard rd4 

Nick Chubb rd 2, dalvin cool rd 2, Joe Mixon rd 2, Alvin kamara rd 3, Kareem hunt rd 3, marlon Mack Rd 4,  Aaron Jones Rd 5  

Almost every year there is running backs in the second or third round that are impact players

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Of course they can it's the NFL draft

Did you see the names of quarterbacks that went before Tom Brady? 

It's not an exact science 

why would I not know this?  

Every single kid available in the NFL draft has immense talent

Edited by Buffalo716

Imagine if this team had a Jonathan Taylor, Henry, or a Kamara. We would probably set no punt records. Imagine a team that actually has to play 8 in the box versus us. It makes Allen all that much more dangerous. I get incredibly excited just thinking about it. It honestly wouldn’t even be fair. 

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Just think if TEN had Josh Allen instead of Tannehill, they’d be the new dynasty of the AFC

Absolutely. Allen + Henry wouldn’t be fair. It’s not possible to defend. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Because we really struggle run blocking

Put singletary behind the colts line and he will look really good..  he wouldn't be Jonathan Taylor but he would look really good

• Disagree 3

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

You’ll trust Beane, but you aren’t on board with a WR? 

I’m no way shape or form with they NOT go RB at some point. I think it will be sooner than most expect. I think that’s been brewing for a year now with the rumors about ettienne last year, the pre draft visits, the attempt at signing McKissic, and mcd’s recent quotes. 

The same people that think it’s a reach to take a RB are fine with taking the possible fifth or sixth CB off the board at 25.  Talk about reaching…

I’m glad that we reached on Tre’Davious White …..the 5th cb drafted.

not saying that is our best option….but I think that each draft class is different and being the 5th best often has a lot to do with the other players in the class.  There are 6-8 WRs I’d MUCH rather draft than Breece Hall.  

you’d rather draft Hall over Pickens, Dotson and Watson? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m glad that we reached on Tre’Davious White …..the 5th cb drafted.

not saying that is our best option….but I think that each draft class is different and being the 5th best often has a lot to do with the other players in the class.  There are 6-8 WRs I’d MUCH rather draft than Breece Hall.  

you’d rather draft Hall over Pickens, Dotson and Watson? 

Hall is a near lock to be an immediate impact player in this offense just by being on the field…even without touching the ball. 

while I like those WR’s they aren’t a lock to make an immediate impact on this team

We can hopefully do both. Find a way to get a WR and Hall in the first two rounds

Dream scenario for me is a trade up for Jameson Williams and a trade up for Breece Hall.  Nuclear firepower for Allen. Yes please.

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because we really struggle run blocking

Put singletary behind the colts line and he will look really good..  he wouldn't be Jonathan Taylor but he would look really good

There is some truth to this, but either way, I don’t see us extending Singletary when we can draft a more talented RB for another 4-5 years.