Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

There is some truth to this, but either way, I don’t see us extending Singletary when we can draft a more talented RB for another 4-5 years. 

I'm not arguing that but there's a 100% truth to what I said 

There are a lot of really talented running backs in the NFL who could put up really good numbers behind a good line 

I'm not debating whether Hall is a good running back or not.. because he's obviously very talented.. he is my RB1 in the class

What Beane has to decide, is if the drop off from Hall to the other running backs in the class.. is big enough to take him in the first .. and where he falls compared to other players

Edited by Buffalo716

14 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Hall is a near lock to be an immediate impact player in this offense just by being on the field…even without touching the ball. 

while I like those WR’s they aren’t a lock to make an immediate impact on this team

We can hopefully do both. Find a way to get a WR and Hall in the first two rounds

Dream scenario for me is a trade up for Jameson Williams and a trade up for Breece Hall.  Nuclear firepower for Allen. Yes please.

In one sentence your main focus regarding your first rd pick is making an immediate impact…..

meanwhile….your dream scenario is trading up for a WR that will make less of an impact next season than Dotson, Pickens or Watson, the WRs that I’d MUCH rather draft over Hall.  

🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I actually think Breece Hall would be a great pick at where bills are drafting.  Still plenty of picks to grab 2 CB’s, OL etc.  WR is a deep draft so I think we can pick our spots with that.  Most important is giving Josh Allen options on offense.  RB is a game changer for us in this particular draft class. We have Super Bowls to win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

I actually think Breece Hall would be a great pick at where bills are drafting.  Still plenty of picks to grab 2 CB’s, OL etc.  WR is a deep draft so I think we can pick our spots with that.  Most important is giving Josh Allen options on offense.  RB is a game changer for us in this particular draft class. We have Super Bowls to win.

Because game changing running backs are synonymous with winning Super Bowls

• Eyeroll 1

35 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because we really struggle run blocking

Put singletary behind the colts line and he will look really good..  he wouldn't be Jonathan Taylor but he would look really good

Hines and Marlon Mack are better RBs than Motor yet the Colts still drafted Taylor 

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Hines and Marlon Mack are better RBs than Motor yet the Colts still drafted Taylor 

Again where is that going against what I'm saying? 

I'm not saying that the bills can't do better than Devin singletary

I'm saying that there are a lot of good running backs that go in the second and third and even into the fourth round yearly .. even fifth round running backs 

Beane needs to decide how big the drop between Hall and the other running backs are

Compared to our other positions of need and see how big their drop is 

And yes at the end of the day a good line makes every running back look better ... There's a lot of talented running backs in the NFL.. even at the backup spots

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

There are busts and gems at every single position 

But running back depth does slide further

Jonathan Taylor , cam Akers , jk dobbins, aj dillon all recent 2nd rounders 

Miles Sanders 2nd round , Darrell Henderson 3rd , David Montgomery 3rd , Damien Harris 3rd.. tony pollard rd4 

Nick Chubb rd 2, dalvin cool rd 2, Joe Mixon rd 2, Alvin kamara rd 3, Kareem hunt rd 3, marlon Mack Rd 4,  Aaron Jones Rd 5  

Almost every year there is running backs in the second or third round that are impact players

oh i could name a tone of second rounder RB busts as well... I just named the one relevant. 

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It used to be that way with RBs, and then recent history has been kinda meh. Buffalo has had some really great RBs. I hope we can return to that this year. 

Cause we been going Mid rounders... Like everyone wants to do year after year..

What is the definition of insanity lol 

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting something different... We got 2 mid round RB's one a bust another serviceable at best... should we keep going or go after the cream of the crop?

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Just think if TEN had Josh Allen instead of Tannehill, they’d be the new dynasty of the AFC

yup

29 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

oh i could name a tone of second rounder RB busts as well... I just named the one relevant. 

Of course 

I said it multiple times in this thread every single division one player is really talented...

The ones who are draft eligible have all been exceptional football players for the better part of their lives for the most part...

Outside of the elite few, it's the little things like work ethic, scheme fit, character that set most draft picks apart from others 

It's why you sit down and try to get to know these prospects 

Edited by Buffalo716

34 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Cause we been going Mid rounders... Like everyone wants to do year after year..

What is the definition of insanity lol 

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting something different... We got 2 mid round RB's one a bust another serviceable at best... should we keep going or go after the cream of the crop?

yup

Any clue how many times a team that drafted a RB in rd won the super bowl the that year?  

this article doesn’t give you the answer but it gives you the answer for the last 20 years and gives you the breakdown of teams’ success the first 4 years after drafting a Rb in the first round.  Zero Lombardis in 4 years.  52 seasons played with said players.  One team has  one more than 1 playoff game.  The rams that lost to the pats.  

Drafting a running back in round one hasn’t led to a super bowl win in a minimum of 54 consecutive seasons….the definition of lunacy would be to draft a RB in round one and think you’re going to win a Super Bowl.

there is zero evidence to support that drafting a QB in rd 1 will help you win a super bowl.

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/article/offseason-research/teams-are-never-first-round-rb-away

Edited by NewEra

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Because game changing running backs are synonymous with winning Super Bowls

They aren’t, but elite RBs coupled with elite QBs have a greater chance at winning Super Bowls. True or False. 

The Bills have a better chance at winning a super bowl with Breece Hall rather than Singletary? 

If you answered true, why wouldn’t you want to make Allen more dangerous because teams now how to play 8 in the box? 

• Disagree 1

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Any clue how many times a team that drafted a RB in rd won the super bowl the that year?  

this article doesn’t give you the answer but it gives you the answer for the last 20 years and gives you the breakdown of teams’ success the first 4 years after drafting a Rb in the first round.  Zero Lombardis in 4 years.  52 seasons played with said players.  One team has  one more than 1 playoff game.  The rams that lost to the pats.  

Drafting a running back in round one hasn’t led to a super bowl win in a minimum of 54 consecutive seasons….the definition of lunacy would be to draft a RB in round one and think you’re going to win a Super Bowl.

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/article/offseason-research/teams-are-never-first-round-rb-away

How many of these teams had elite QBs? 

Does Mahomes have a greater chance at winning a super bowl with Kamara? 

Does Allen have a greater chance at winning a super bowl with Henry? 

Why wouldn’t you want to couple an elite QB with an elite RB. Look at Kelly and Thurman. We should be surrounding Josh with elite talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Aurelius said:

How many “game changer” RBs can you name who currently play in the NFL?  Derrick Henry, Jonathan Taylor and who?

3 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Why wouldn’t you want to couple an elite QB with an elite RB. Look at Kelly and Thurman. We should be surrounding Josh with elite talent. 

Because the OL isn’t great and no RB is very good behind poor blocking while many RB look very good behind good blocking.

5 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

They aren’t, but elite RBs coupled with elite QBs have a greater chance at winning Super Bowls. True or False. 

The Bills have a better chance at winning a super bowl with Breece Hall rather than Singletary? 

If you answered true, why wouldn’t you want to make Allen more dangerous because teams now how to play 8 in the box? 

Dude….the bills have a better chance of winning a super bowl with any player we draft in round 1 than without that player.  

5 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Because drafting the potentially elite RB  at the expense of not drafting a potentially elite WR, CB, DE, OL.  Those positions are way more valuable and actually do impact winning Super Bowls 

very easy answer 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

its not about more weapons though.. its different TYPE of weapons. We got Howard cause that gives us weapons in a 2 TE set. We got Crowder out of need. A weapon at RB would bring this offense to where KC was when they had Hall.

1000% a... disagree lol... Though I get your point I think that is about even.... lets face facts... drafting is a flip of the coin or sometimes worse depending on the position BUT if i had to put money on one? yea RB lol

First - I will assume you mean Hill.

Second - The KC offense was Hill stretch the field and Kelce as the 2nd option - nothing at all from the RB.

The Bills already put up more rushing yards than KC and more Points per game.  KC doesn’t have a weapon at RB - why would a weapon at RB improve the offense.

The Bills already had a way to beat cover 2 defenses - shorter passes to better players were available all last year when the QB wanted to take them.  A RB changes nothing - unless you are going to use him a lot- in which case you are taking the ball out of the best players hands and giving it to a lesser player.

If you want more carrying of the ball they had a guy that averaged 4.7 YPC and could of used him more - that actually hurts the offense versus yards per pass attempt..

The KC offense drafted a RB in round 1 that has been less effective than UDFAs they picked up.  CEH has not helped their offense up to this point.  I will be very interested to see what they do this year - without Hill - I think Reid is forced to go to a more traditional running attack and Mahomes and that offense drops to middle of the pack - maybe 10-15 range.  

• Vomit 1

10 hours ago, whorlnut said:

So you are just assuming that any corner will be rated higher than an RB.  I disagree. I think the bills are very much in the market for offensive weapons and arent as urgent into getting a “top” corner as most of you are hoping. Beane has pretty much said that. However, you have to be living in a cave if you can’t see all the activity around WR, TE, and RB visits this off-season. 

So you would admit then that you can also get a corner later in the draft?

Yes I am because I don’t think any of the RBs in this draft should go in the 1st round. I don’t know when all the corners will come off the board. No one does. You specifically presented a scenario of the 5th or 6th ranked corner going above Breece hall to the Bills (who isn’t even my RB1 btw) and that could happen if the Bills have 5-6 CBs with 1st round grades and didn’t give him one. No one knows their board but I wouldn’t be surprised to see that at all.
It’s also not about “urgent” to get a specific position - it’s about the future as well and getting the best player. That could be any number of positions - but highly doubt it would be a non-premium position in the 1st. I do think they could consider a LB, it’s the only non premium position they have taken in the 1st 2 rounds and haven’t drafted one on the first 2 days since 2018. 

I’m not high on Breece Hall prior to our 2nd round pick and even then I’d rather have a few others. Big 12 RBs feasting on bad Ds and light boxes are not exciting to me especially since contact balance and vision aren’t his strengths.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Hall seems to have great hands but when I watch the tape he does not seem to be taking it North and South or breaking many tackles at the line of scrimmage. He seems to be barely breaking away from the college defenders which translates to not breaking away at the next level. 

1 minute ago, Charles Romes said:

Hall seems to have great hands but when I watch the tape he does not seem to be taking it North and South or breaking many tackles at the line of scrimmage. He seems to be barely breaking away from the college defenders which translates to not breaking away at the next level. 

I’m not a helmet scout but I do favor SEC and Big Ten RBs for nfl projection 

• Like (+1) 1