Jake Fromm not tendered by NYG

YoloinOhio

55 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

It would seem to be a no-brainer, unless he looked awful last year.  Did anyone here see/hear anything about his action in those two games he appeared in?

awful is an understatement.  

Edited by Big Turk

14 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Et tu, Dabolle?

Couldn't handle Daboll's rageaholic tirades as a Bill.  Daboll needs emotionally grounded stock to work with.

i.e., USMC boot camp volunteers.  Impervious to insult / injury.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

Sounds like they watched his film 

30 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

we should def bring him back.  A TC arm with familiarity in the system.  

Also, yes, he was dreadful with the Giants.  But he got few 1st team snaps and was thrown into the dumpster fire that was the Giants offense last year.  So, a good TC/PS addition for sure.  I still want a vet backup, perhaps Mayfield (we can become reclamation land!) 

Dude couldn’t complete a ten yard pass. He’s awful 

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Sounds like they watched his film 

Dude couldn’t complete a ten yard pass. He’s awful 

did he have the time to complete anything over 10 yards? (I did not see the Giants games) I mean, he must have completed something longer in college?!  I'd rather take him here cheaply than draft a camp arm.  Save that late pick for a punter, or to trade up.  ?

1 hour ago, mushypeaches said:

Ummmm unfortunately I watched some of those games from last year and at no point did Jake Fromm resemble a competent NFL backup QB

Hard pass

Agree....time to move on and develop another PS/qb3.  We'll find a decent backup from all these FA period cuts.

1 hour ago, Rhode Island Red said:

It would seem to be a no-brainer, unless he looked awful last year.  Did anyone here see/hear anything about his action in those two games he appeared in?

I watched him in both games, the 1st one a little & the 2nd the whole game since it didn't conflict with the Bills game.  The 1st one was so bad that the next week when Glennon was horrible they never put Fromm in.  The 2nd game he started because Glennon was injured & couldn't play.  He was so bad that at one point the Giants ran the ball on 2nd & 3rd down deep in their own territory deciding to play for the punt rather than let him even try to get a 1st down by throwing the ball.  

Fromm is not a NFL QB & has no business ever playing another down.  There is zero reason to bring him back.  I'd rather bring back Matt Barkley than Fromm.  

I saw Fromm playing for the Giants while game-surfing & decided to watch & see how he looked. He was as bad as any QB I've ever watched. He had no poise, happy feet, throwing off his back foot, missing horribly. I'll be shocked if he ends up on any team, that tape will make GMs run away.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Remember when some people on here and a few in the media mentioned something about Fromm supplanting Allen when he was drafted? :doh:

Yep.  I remember one quote was something like, “unlike Allen, Fromm is a big boy from a big boy program”.   Stroll through the archives can be very revealing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rhode Island Red said:

He did not look good.   In fact, he so much did not look good that the Giants are signing someone else and dropping Webb to #3.

5 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Yep.  I remember one quote was something like, “unlike Allen, Fromm is a big boy from a big boy program”.   Stroll through the archives can be very revealing.

I remember that.  There were even some national pundits with the "take" that we'd drafted a potential replacement for Allen if he didn't work out.

Like this

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2890567-bills-jake-fromm-praised-by-anonymous-nfl-exec-hell-play-10-to-12-years

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.