Jake Fromm not tendered by NYG

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

It would seem to be a no-brainer, unless he looked awful last year.  Did anyone here see/hear anything about his action in those two games he appeared in?

I think he was pretty bad which wasn’t unexpected. I don’t see him as a legit backup but more of a TC arm/PS guy.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

It would seem to be a no-brainer, unless he looked awful last year.  Did anyone here see/hear anything about his action in those two games he appeared in?

He looked terrible last year. Didn;t throw a pass longer than 10 yards (check down after check down) and still only completed like 45 percent of those passes. It was bad.

14 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

But with Daboll being the HC don't you think he would have some say? 

They have Jones and Tyrod now.  It could have been purely a financial move.  They can draft a 3rd sting QB in the 5th+ round and pay him pennies on the dollar

• Like (+1) 1

we should def bring him back.  A TC arm with familiarity in the system.  

Also, yes, he was dreadful with the Giants.  But he got few 1st team snaps and was thrown into the dumpster fire that was the Giants offense last year.  So, a good TC/PS addition for sure.  I still want a vet backup, perhaps Mayfield (we can become reclamation land!) 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.