Bills release A.J. Klein

CNY315

Again, for those who think this is going to be easy:

1) We are only going to be able to sign so many guys in FA; and

2) We are going to have to let go of a number of good players and I just am having a problem thinking that even with the additions this team could be better in 2022, top to bottom, than they were by the time they put it all together in 2021.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

AJ wound up being a solid fill in for our LB corps and I think surprised a lot of us in the process, but yes, for the money it was a business decision that had to be made. That said I hope Beane addresses the position sufficiently to make up for the loss, as we weren’t flush with depth to begin with. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, junior said:

I was never his biggest fan (seeing him in man coverage was TOUGH), but he performed admirably in other areas. 

I was ready to pay for his plane ticket back to Carolina myself early on. He turned it around and made some plays as he got more acclimated

Edited by CNY315
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

AJ wound up being a solid fill in for our LB corps and I think surprised a lot of us in the process, but yes, for the money it was a business decision that had to be made. That said I hope Beane addresses the position sufficiently to make up for the loss, as we weren’t flush with depth to begin with. 

And yes, HUDS, agree completely with the above, especially with the belief that it had to be done. We need to be able to do things and trimming has to be done.

Somebody's going to get a pretty good guy, though.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Again, for those who think this is going to be easy:

1) We are only going to be able to sign so many guys in FA; and

2) We are going to have to let go of a number of good players and I just am having a problem thinking that even with the additions this team could be better in 2022, top to bottom, than they were by the time they put it all together in 2021.

This was one of the many no-brainer moves we could make to free up cap space. Others being extending Diggs, extending Edmunds, releasing or re-working deals on Beasley, Feliciano, Morse, D. Williams, and Butler. This is not a huge loss. You can easily replace what Klein brought us with a draft pick or a cheaper option.

I wholeheartedly disagree. I think the players that we'll have going out aren't going to make us substantially worse off than we were last year. On the contrary, with good drafting and smart moves in the FA and Trade market - I can easily see us being better off.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

Great decision to cut him,  another one Beane's long list of poor free agents signings where he paid too much for so little production.  Not surprised to see hims sign for league min our out of league because he is a mediocre LB. I am sure some experts will laugh but you watch what he signs for,  no team paying him what the Bills gave him and those kind of signings were a big reason why defence lacked any playmakers beyond White.  

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.