Go get Metcalf!

TBBills

7 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Well, this team does pretty much exclusively want to pass. So if you can’t get the targets here, you aren’t getting them anywhere. 

And what of Gabe Davis? Are you comfortable keeping him as the 3rd highest in reps and surely receptions? You'll lose him when his rookie deal is up for someone who can give him more playing time and a team that will pay him, which we won't be able to do after paying Diggs and Metcalf. 

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

And what of Gabe Davis? Are you comfortable keeping him as the 3rd highest in reps and surely receptions? You'll lose him when his rookie deal is up for someone who can give him more playing time and a team that will pay him, which we won't be able to do after paying Diggs and Metcalf. 

Reminder..........Gabe Davis has put an average of 574 yards in his first two seasons..........Metcalf has averaged over 1,000 yards per year in his 3.

Actually producing in volume matters.    

I'm not predicting that Gabe is going to fail..........but to put it in perspective...........he hasn't actually had a more impressive regular season than 2018 Robert Foster yet.

Foster put up 541 yards at a clip of 20 yards per reception and a catch rate over 60%............and he has practically vanished since.

Sometimes small sample sizes don't translate..........and that's all we've gotten from Gabe so far.........reportedly in part because of nagging ankle and foot injuries in 2020-2021.

Metcalf is a guy that has given inconsistent effort after a really impressive rookie season, and has been prone to really bad body language on the field.  I think it was the Seahawks last playoff game where Metcalf got upset with his opportunities, then Wilson started forcing the ball to him and his lack of effort lead to an interception.   I remember thinking to myself what an unfortunate development for the Seahawks because I thought the guy was about to enter the top WR in the league discussion.  Insane talent, but pressing the issue hurt the team and shows a lack of perspective.  Even if it comes from a place of competitiveness it can still hurt the team and is selfish.  Now what is going on with that organization is a different story, but I’m not sure he is a guy that helps the Bills as much as we might think he would.

• Disagree 1

Bears fans are asking to trade for Seahawks WR D.K. Metcalf

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/lists/bears-fans-are-asking-to-trade-for-seahawks-wr-d-k-metcalf/

Could the Las Vegas Raiders trade for DK Metcalf?

https://justblogbaby.com/2022/03/03/smart-raiders-trade-dk-metcalf/

3 Reasons Cleveland Browns should trade for DK Metcalf

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2022/03/09/3-reasons-cleveland-browns-dk-metcalf/

Should the NY Jets attempt to trade for D.K. Metcalf?

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/03/08/should-ny-jets-trade-dk-metcalf/

The Wire Wow GIF

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm not one to think Metcalf makes the Bills Offense measurably better when Davis is a very viable option AND it appears the Bills will be looking for a new slot WR, be it draft or FA. 

I think he's very talented and an athletic freak, but I've also seen in some games a demeanor or attitude I don't care for - especially given the core of the locker room. Lockett seems to be a better fit for the Bills in terms of talent and persona. 

However, I'd rather see the Bills add a CB, DL, TE2, and two WRs - one for the slot and one for pure speed to stretch the Defense, before adding a player like Metcalf. And that's nothing against him as a talent or WR, it's that I think the Bills have the aforementioned need *before* they really need to spend the Draft capital on a WR of Metcalf's type. JMO.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, RichRiderBills said:

I don't see this lust for WRs . 

We won on offense. Offense was good enough to win the SB last year. Defense blew it. 

We need defensive hammers, not more gaudy wideouts.

Beasley most likely isn't coming back. Sanders is leaning towards retirement ( from what I have read) so the Bills do need WR's be it FA or draft.

1 hour ago, Ayjent said:

Metcalf is a guy that has given inconsistent effort after a really impressive rookie season, and has been prone to really bad body language on the field.  I think it was the Seahawks last playoff game where Metcalf got upset with his opportunities, then Wilson started forcing the ball to him and his lack of effort lead to an interception.   I remember thinking to myself what an unfortunate development for the Seahawks because I thought the guy was about to enter the top WR in the league discussion.  Insane talent, but pressing the issue hurt the team and shows a lack of perspective.  Even if it comes from a place of competitiveness it can still hurt the team and is selfish.  Now what is going on with that organization is a different story, but I’m not sure he is a guy that helps the Bills as much as we might think he would.

'Doesn't play well with others'...🤔

Damn that 'conduct' side of the report card! 😁

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Reminder..........Gabe Davis has put an average of 574 yards in his first two seasons..........Metcalf has averaged over 1,000 yards per year in his 3.

Actually producing in volume matters.    

I'm not predicting that Gabe is going to fail..........but to put it in perspective...........he hasn't actually had a more impressive regular season than 2018 Robert Foster yet.

Foster put up 541 yards at a clip of 20 yards per reception and a catch rate over 60%............and he has practically vanished since.

Sometimes small sample sizes don't translate..........and that's all we've gotten from Gabe so far.........reportedly in part because of nagging ankle and foot injuries in 2020-2021.

Davis over 2 years has shown he's at least worthy of a #2.  He can play inside and out, blocks well, good red zone threat.  

125 targets 

70 Catches

1148 yards

13 TDs

I'd still like to see a dedicated slot WR player, as well as using a pick to further bolster the depth at the position.  Sanders, mckenzie, and beasely is a ton of targets.  Assume they sign a TE2 (and draft a TE3).  They still need a dedicated slot WR (preferably take the bease role and mckenzie role), and someone as rotational depth outside.  

Metcalf pushes davis back down the depth chart for another year, costs draft capital, and will want a big fat raise.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.