Go get Metcalf!

TBBills

A more realistic scenario would be Tyler Lockett, who appears to be on the market. Just 3 Mil on the cap this season and nothing guaranteed beyond that (9.7 next year if they keep him). Seems like the kind of cap friendly, decent player move Beane would be interested in.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

CAP SPACE IS A MYTH.

See GB who just gave their QB a 200 million dollar contract while being 30 million over the cap.

The piper always collects his due... You can push it down the road but you can't out run it....

Greenbay will have to make choices to get under the cap and in a year or 3 many more sacrifices will be made.  You can push everything to the side for a year or 2 run....just not indefinitely

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I doubt that Seattle is looking to unload more of their best players.  A 71 year old head coach is not hanging around for a complete rebuild.  Wilson hasn't been a top five QB for a while and I get the sense that they traded him before his perceived value dropped down to his actual value.  Denver paid a very steep price for a 33 year old QB but it does make them a better team.

Even if Seattle is planning to trade Metcalf, I just don't think that Beane will spend the resources for him. The presence of Diggs, the emergence of Davis, and a very deep draft class make a move for Metcalf a very remote possibility IMO.  Metcalf on the Bills would be an awesome addition.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

What? He has 1 year left and would require a possible $20M AAV extension to stay. A first would be HIGHLY conditional on an extension AND performance in 2022. 

DK is 24.  Something is going on in Seattle.  From Earl Thomas flipping Carroll the bird, to Russell wanting out.

I don't like some of DK's antics either,but a winning culture has a strange way of changing guys. 

He's absolutely worth the #25 pick in this year's draft and barring injury, the contract to follow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

CAP SPACE IS A MYTH.

See GB who just gave their QB a 200 million dollar contract while being 30 million over the cap.

Eh, Beane doesn't really work that way.  Diggs will be in the low 20's after an extension, Metcalf will be in the low 20's, and Allen will soon be in the mid 40's.  Even if the cap is around 220m in the coming years that's 40% of your cap in 3 players.  Doesn't seem realistic.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, essential said:

Eh, Beane doesn't really work that way.  Diggs will be in the low 20's after an extension, Metcalf will be in the low 20's, and Allen will soon be in the mid 40's.  Even if the cap is around 220m in the coming years that's 40% of your cap in 3 players.  Doesn't seem realistic.

that's a fair point.

i would love metcalf, but chandler jones is my offseason goal

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Go all in to win the Super Bowl. Deal with the cap ramifications later.  I would look to get him if I am Beane.

Well, he should look into just about everything. I just don’t think it will be feasible. 

I’m all for being great, it just isn’t that easy or simple, IMO. I like to build organically for the most part to stay a contender every year. Having said that, the Rams got their rings and I understand the people who want to pull out all the stops a do “win now” things. 

I’ll trust Beane’s judgment. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well, he should look into just about everything. I just don’t think it will be feasible. 

I’m all for being great, it just isn’t that easy or simple, IMO. I like to build organically for the most part to stay a contender every year. Having said that, the Rams got their rings and I understand the people who want to pull out all the stops a do “win now” things. 

Agree it will be a lot easier said than done. But Beane gets paid the big bucks to figure it out. I just think with the team the Bills have now they should go all in for a championship. That isn't the case in most years but this year it is IMHO. You are right in that it might not be feasible. 

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

The piper always collects his due... You can push it down the road but you can't out run it....

Greenbay will have to make choices to get under the cap and in a year or 3 many more sacrifices will be made.  You can push everything to the side for a year or 2 run....just not indefinitely

Yep. The Packers are trying to get one more ring with Rodgers in the NFC with most of the good young QB’s in the AFC. After this last little run for 2-3 years there will be some serious pain involved. 

43 minutes ago, Augie said:

I am with you. Build to be competetive every year, particularly when you have a generational talent at QB. Anyone who has paid any attention to Bean since his arrival understands that he is never going to mortgage the future for the short term.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Does anyone really think that Metcalf would be a process guy?

Don't see it happening.

I don’t know if he’s process or not but who goes in the slot if it’s DK, Diggs and Davis? Plus need to give up an asset. I’d rather sign crowder or juju for slot role/YAC. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know if he’s process or not but who goes in the slot if it’s DK, Diggs and Davis? Plus need to give up an asset. I’d rather sign crowder or juju for slot role/YAC. 

The obvious answer is Diggs goes to the slot.

That doesn't mean it's a solution that Diggs would find satisfactory..........but he'd instantly be the league's best slot receiver.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.