Go get Metcalf!

TBBills

4 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

I doubt they are moving either.

They now have Fant/Metcalf/Locektt.

Great triple threat for a rookie QB. 

The Sammy Watkins episode showed it doesn't work to have a great WR corps when you don't have a very good (or better) QB.  You get the QB and then build the offense around him.

The weak QB draft class means the Seahawks aren't going to get Their Guy this year. They're going to try to hold their core together while shedding expensive veterans, so they'll have more cap space next year.  They'll be trying for 6-11 or worse in order to get good draft picks in 2023.

The real crisis will come when Pete Carroll decides to retire, and that could come about soon if the Seahawks struggle even worse than last year, which seems likely.

5 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Believe me, I have heard the constant whining of fans about taking Ed Oliver over Metcalf, forever.

This was a topic awhile back and there were differing opinions of him.

if your "process" involves not getting elite level players, its a stupid process. 

12 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

And he's on a rookie contract still. If he helps us win the SB next year, let him walk. Or restructure Diggs and pay them both. This is the type of talent we need.

“Need”…..no.  People throw that word around way too liberally.

It would be great though. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

“Need”…..no.  People throw that word around way too liberally.

It would be great though. 

But I think we absolutely NEED this type of talent. How would anyone cover Davis, Diggs, Metcalf/Lockett. That type of talent would increase our odds of a Lombardy tremendously. Now I think a stud pass rusher is a bigger NEED. But I say why not both. And the guys that cry cap, BS! Teams do it all the time. I'm all for doing it smart and making this a 10 year SB window. But go get the first one and then worry about it. 

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, StHustle said:

A 1st and Beasley for Metcalf

2nd rounder pass rusher

Trade our 3rd for Saquon

What? He has 1 year left and would require a possible $20M AAV extension to stay. A first would be HIGHLY conditional on an extension AND performance in 2022. 

• Agree 1

On paper, it sounds great. But he's the ultimate diva. You'd be putting a lot of pressure on Allen to make sure both he and Diggs are happy with the amount of balls they get. You'll have to do that, pay them both, and most likely lose Gabe Davis in a couple years when he also wants to get paid and/or want a place where he'll get more balls.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

But I think we absolutely NEED this type of talent. How would anyone cover Davis, Diggs, Metcalf/Lockett. That type of talent would increase our odds of a Lombardy tremendously. Now I think a stud pass rusher is a bigger NEED. But I say why not both. And the guys that cry cap, BS! Teams do it all the time. I'm all for doing it smart and making this a 10 year SB window. But go get the first one and then worry about it. 

Exactly. Go all in for the win. I don't think any Bills fans would complain if they had cap issues if it leads to a Super Bowl win next year. I know I wouldn't.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Metcalf was my draft crush. I wouldn’t have been upset with him at 9th overall. When he dropped like a rock I was so mad we didn’t grab him in the second round. 

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

On paper, it sounds great. But he's the ultimate diva. You'd be putting a lot of pressure on Allen to make sure both he and Diggs are happy with the amount of balls they get. You'll have to do that, pay them both, and most likely lose Gabe Davis in a couple years when he also wants to get paid and/or want a place where he'll get more balls.

Well, this team does pretty much exclusively want to pass. So if you can’t get the targets here, you aren’t getting them anywhere. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I have talked to some friends who are Seahawks fans. He has a bad rap for taking plays off. I would love to have him. But a first is way too rich for me. I also have little interest in $20M per after this season. 

I guess it’s fun to speculate but I don’t think Metcalf is actually available. Seattle is not in rebuild mode despite shipping Wilson off. And I cannot believe with all edmunds haters on here that Metcalf got a thread before wagner in fantasy land. 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I have talked to some friends who are Seahawks fans. He has a bad rap for taking plays off. I would love to have him. But a first is way too rich for me. I also have little interest in $20M per after this season. 

He's only 24 so he can be a part of the future as well as the present. I would have no problem giving up a 1st. The Bills are in a position to go for it now and this is a move that can put them over the top. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

He's only 24 so he can be a part of the future as well as the present. I would have no problem giving up a 1st. The Bills are in a position to go for it now and this is a move that can put them over the top. 

Right, he could be. But I have no interest in paying the dude $20M. A few Seattle friends of mine get frustrated with him for taking plays off. We have other guys to re-sign next season. I don't like a first for a rental, and I don't like keeping him at $20M per season. 

The Bills are estimated at $40M in cap space in 2023. To just get through the draft we are going to have to borrow against that number, let along FA's. I don't have any interest in the Bills eating up half of that or more on DK flippantly. 

No thanks.  As great as Metcalf is, we can't afford him.  2022 is the last year on his rookie deal.  Mike Williams just got 20m/year, what do you think Metcalf will get?  We need to extend Diggs already and Davis is looking great.

"Pro Football Focus this week guessed that Seattle better be prepared to pay an awful lot, projecting Metcalf as worth a four-year deal totaling $84 million, or $21 million a season (he is due to make $3.9 million in 2022 in the last season of his rookie deal)."

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/analysis-the-seahawks-will-have-to-pay-dk-metcalf-a-hefty-sum-to-secure-his-future-with-the-team/#:~:text=Pro Football Focus this week,season of his rookie deal)

Edited by essential
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, essential said:

No thanks.  As great as Metcalf is, we can't afford him.  2022 is the last year on his rookie deal.  Mike Williams just got 20m/year, what do you think Metcalf will get?  We need to extend Diggs already and Davis is looking great.

"Pro Football Focus this week guessed that Seattle better be prepared to pay an awful lot, projecting Metcalf as worth a four-year deal totaling $84 million, or $21 million a season (he is due to make $3.9 million in 2022 in the last season of his rookie deal)."

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/analysis-the-seahawks-will-have-to-pay-dk-metcalf-a-hefty-sum-to-secure-his-future-with-the-team/#:~:text=Pro Football Focus this week,season of his rookie deal)

CAP SPACE IS A MYTH.

See GB who just gave their QB a 200 million dollar contract while being 30 million over the cap.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.