Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

57 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I have another prediction. Nether Chandler Jones nor Danielle Hunter are coming to Buffalo. I am very confident on this bet

You are on.  My guess is Beanes first choice is Hunter, and he’s been trying to pry him away from Vikes.  I’m guessing we’ve had discussions with Chandler.  And will sign him if we can’t get Hunter.

to best KC, we have to get to Mahomes.  Espeneza is not cutting it, and is a big hole at Edge

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

You are on.  My guess is Beanes first choice is Hunter, and he’s been trying to pry him away from Vikes.  I’m guessing we’ve had discussions with Chandler.  And will sign him if we can’t get Hunter.

to best KC, we have to get to Mahomes.  Espeneza is not cutting it, and is a big hole at Edge

Trading for Danielle Hunter does seem like much more of a Brandon Beane move than signing Chandler Jones.

If it takes our 1st Round Pick, that certainly makes roster building more difficult, but a long term locked up 27 year old premier pass rusher seems to be more along the lines of what he'd want over a 32 year old premier pass rusher on a 2-3 year contract.  

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Trading for Danielle Hunter does seem like much more of a Brandon Beane move than signing Chandler Jones.

If it takes our 1st Round Pick, that certainly makes roster building more difficult, but a long term locked up 27 year old premier pass rusher seems to be more along the lines of what he'd want over a 32 year old premier pass rusher on a 2-3 year contract.  

He brought in Addison a couple years ago at a similar age of Jones. I like Hunters upside but don't see them giving up a #1 draft pick for him. I also don't think we will end up with Jones just due to cap space. We have drafted 3 DE's in the last couple years and could see them making a run at Nassib now that he was released.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I don't know about signing Wagner, but if we do sign Jones or trade for Hunter, I honestly don't know how we can keep Edmunds.  I'm sure we will because the Bills can't quit him, but just from a cap perspective... We have big money tied up in Allen, Diggs, Tre, Dawkins etc.. Next year we will have to tie big money up in Oliver and Knox.  If we also have big money tied up in an EDGE, where/how are we paying Edmunds?  Just logically speaking..  Where there's a will, there's a way, but I'd hate to lose him for nothing if we don't/can't re-sign him. 

The Bills have to pay Edmunds the 5th year option year and don't have an option to cut him.   The only way to get otu of that salary is to trade him for peanuts.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Are there any rumors left?

This is the crappy part of FA where it’s 99% speculation and the word ‘interest’ really means nothing.

Once 4pm hits all deals are official and players will start visiting other teams, that stuff tends to leak because of the volume of people involved. 

Hour and a half to go before the real fun begins!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.