Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills just posted a video reminding fans that Buffalo is now a destination for players.

Now I'm expecting something significant. Either 1 big name or multiple above average signings. Or both.

Maybe Akiem Hicks might be one of those signings.

1 minute ago, Clyde Smith said:

I would go with Shaq instead of Hughes.

Actually Lawson isn't going to cost anything. They probably sign both.

Just now, Brennan Huff said:

We’ve invested too heavily in the DE position through the draft the last 2 seasons 

They aren't going to draft 1 high. But they want a veteran or 2.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Oh for sure, but that doesn’t mean a 20 mil a year vet or whatever it would be

I don't think it'll be that much, but look into the future. The Bills don't have anchor contracts. They also don't have much investment in the defense long-term other than White and Milano. Those contracts aren't exactly huge either.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't think it'll be that much, but look into the future. The Bills don't have anchor contracts. They also don't have much investment in the defense long-term other than White and Milano. Those contracts aren't exactly huge either.

They have some big decisions on Edmunds and Oliver coming very quickly 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

They have some big decisions on Edmunds and Oliver coming very quickly 

I would still love to trade Edmonds, and sign Wagner for less than Edmunds’ fifth year price...

You ‘kill two birds with one stone’ with those deals...👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

42 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Highly doubt the Bills’ PR team is clued in enough to be teasing FUTURE moves…

PR team is generally informed as things are being wrapped up. They need some time to prep. 

There are typically alerts sent out to specifics staff members and departments in advance of things being announced publicly. 

Not saying that’s what is going on here, but they probably know sooner than most beat reporters. 

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I would still love to trade Edmonds, and sign Wagner for less than Edmunds’ fifth year price...

You kill two birds with one stone with those deals...👍

Ideally, yes. 

But Wagner has not made less than the Edmunds option year since 2017. I feel like the likelihood of that working out is low. 

7 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

You ‘kill two birds with one stone’ with those deals...👍

I don't know about signing Wagner, but if we do sign Jones or trade for Hunter, I honestly don't know how we can keep Edmunds.  I'm sure we will because the Bills can't quit him, but just from a cap perspective... We have big money tied up in Allen, Diggs, Tre, Dawkins etc.. Next year we will have to tie big money up in Oliver and Knox.  If we also have big money tied up in an EDGE, where/how are we paying Edmunds?  Just logically speaking..  Where there's a will, there's a way, but I'd hate to lose him for nothing if we don't/can't re-sign him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.