Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

33 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It seems like “13 Seconds” has become a Rorschach Test around here… either you think the roster had everything it needed to win that game and would’ve gone on to win the Super Bowl, so there’s nothing wrong with “running it back,” or you think they were 1-2 difference makers away from getting it done and should be aggressively trying to find that missing piece.

I fall into the second category.  The thing is, Beane’s post-season PC indicated he did too - he talked about needing to add speed and YAC to the offense, improving the pass rush, etc. - maybe you can find all of that later on in free agency or in the draft.  Let’s hope he does.  But at some point you cannot be content with just staying put, other teams are aggressively trying to improve, too, and we need to stay in the arms race to stay on top.  The offense needs more weapons, the secondary needs more speed, and the pass rush needs a closer - I cannot get excited about changing out veteran DTs and guards on Day 1 of free agency.  Go get the real difference-makers and let’s win this thing.

Again, you realize FA hasn’t even officially started yet, the draft hasn’t been held yet and we haven’t hit the 2nd wave of FA yet, right?  This is a thread rant for months from now, not the day before the start of the new league year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

In case folks are bothered re. Comp picks (because I know it is a popular topic around here) based on 2021 values and what we know about the contracts signed:

Outgoings

Mitch Trubisky at $7m AAV is likely 5th round value (slim chance of becoming a 4th with incentives earned)

Harrison Phillips at $6.15m AAV is also likely 5th round value

Incomings

Tim Settle at $4.5m AAV is likely 6th round value

We don't yet have details on Jones but if his contract value was around the same as his 1 year deal in Carolina ($4m AAV) that would also be likely 6th round value.

As it stands after day 1 the Bills would earn zero comp picks in 2022.

Bolded is because whether you get comp picks at all is decided only by number of relevant outgoings/incomings (which is 2/2 right now), and quality of the pick (i.e. which round) is determined only when you have more outgoings than incomings?

I am asking since apparently the way you listed is that outgoings should net more value.

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again, you realize FA hasn’t even officially started yet, the draft hasn’t been held yet and we haven’t hit the 2nd wave of FA yet, right?  This is a thread rant for months from now, not the day before the start of the new league year. 

Correct.

And, to add to what you stated, the Rams added OBJ and Miller as in-season trades last year.

There are many ways to accomplish getting a roster to a Championship level. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not a fan of Shenault.   He was a guy without a position in college and has regressed as a WR in JAX....

https://primetimesportstalk.com/2022/01/17/jacksonville-jaguars-2021-season-recap/

Biggest Disappointment – Laviska Shenault

Shenault was primed for a breakout season as he was an unpolished receiver coming into the NFL. Entering his second season, Shenualt was expected to take a jump in running routes, and be more included as a gadget player. While the coaching staff failed to put Shenault into a position to succeed, he did himself no favors as his route running did not improve and his hands got worse. The concern going forward is now the drops, where Shenault had ten of them on 95 targets. A 13 percent drop rate may seem bad, but what was worse is many of the drops killed drives or were on critical plays. 

7 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Not a fan of Shenault.   He was a guy without a position in college and has regressed as a WR in JAX....

https://primetimesportstalk.com/2022/01/17/jacksonville-jaguars-2021-season-recap/

Biggest Disappointment – Laviska Shenault

Shenault was primed for a breakout season as he was an unpolished receiver coming into the NFL. Entering his second season, Shenualt was expected to take a jump in running routes, and be more included as a gadget player. While the coaching staff failed to put Shenault into a position to succeed, he did himself no favors as his route running did not improve and his hands got worse. The concern going forward is now the drops, where Shenault had ten of them on 95 targets. A 13 percent drop rate may seem bad, but what was worse is many of the drops killed drives or were on critical plays. 

Shenault was Deebo in college. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Are Shernault and lil dirty to similar of players? Asking for a friend? 😳

Both gadget type of players I’d say. Shenault is bigger, but not as fast. He really hasn’t progressed either and has lots of drops. I like McKenzie better. We need a burner. 

2 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Both gadget type of players I’d say. Shenault is bigger, but not as fast. He really hasn’t progressed either and has lots of drops. I like McKenzie better. We need a burner. 

Shenault would basically be like a draft pick to develop. He has rare ability with the ball in his hands. He'd be a better WR in Buffalo I believe.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.