Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

Just now, That's No Moon said:

I disagree, I think the Rams would have beaten them and I frankly think they would have struggled with the Bengals.

We will never know, but I believe they would have won against Bengals in OP for sure. Maybe struggle with Rams, but don't think would struggle enough to keep them from winning. 

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

I love how you avoided my question… explain to the board which organizations have done it better since 2017… take everything into account. The draft, free agency, player development, winning games and anything else you want to add… 

It did affect every team, but if you can’t compute the fact that the Bills had planned their signings around the idea that they could be competitive now with the ability to spend in the future and then that was taken away from them by the fact that the cap didn’t increase, that’s on you. 

If you’re failing to recognize that this front office plans things out in advance and has a legitimate plan, then I’m also sorry. If you wanna talk about milk and cookies, you live in Candyland where every player on the team has to be a Pro Bowler and every free agent signing has to be below market value for things to please you. 

They’ve objectively built a top 5 roster in the sport and you’re asserting they’re mediocre. 

Everything he's saying has a negative spin on it even though we have no real holes, just areas we can upgrade (who doesn't?)  The other teams are signing big names because they have cap space, mostly because of rookie QB contracts.  But after all the signings so far,  I still see the Bills at the top of Superbowl favorites list.  So what does that tell you?

1 minute ago, Tim Anderson's Lunch Pail said:

What team is immune from making some bad signings? The Super Bowl Rams screwed up with Goff. It happens. 

And they became the Super Bowl Rams by identifying the problem and making the right move to fix it. They then augmented that move with other moves to bring in players at positions of need midseason.

The Bills don't have enough speed in the back end. Waiting to see how that's addressed because we were all clamoring for Levi Wallace to be replaced last year and he wasn't. Now we have White coming off an ACL and the DBS are still too slow as a group.

They don't get after the QB well enough and they've drafted three DEs in the last two years who don't consistently rush the quarterback. Now you subtract Hughes from that mix and they still need to be significantly better in that area.

They've replaced Butler and Phillips with two different guys. Better? I don't know. Saffold at LG, better at age 34? I'm not sure. Line depth took a hit with Williams gone though because he's not there to step out to RT in a pinch now. Tommy Doyle needs to be the swing tackle this year which is moderately scary.

So far they are different. I'm not sure if they are better. I'll say again, last year they didn't get better. Their deficiencies were the same as the year before. Run defense in general, CB2, pass rush, interior line play and RB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I love how you avoided my question… explain to the board which organizations have done it better since 2017… take everything into account. The draft, free agency, player development, winning games and anything else you want to add… 

It did affect every team, but if you can’t compute the fact that the Bills had planned their signings around the idea that they could be competitive now with the ability to spend in the future and then that was taken away from them by the fact that the cap didn’t increase, that’s on you. 

If you’re failing to recognize that this front office plans things out in advance and has a legitimate plan, then I’m also sorry. If you wanna talk about milk and cookies, you live in Candyland where every player on the team has to be a Pro Bowler and every free agent signing has to be below market value for things to please you. 

They’ve objectively built a top 5 roster in the sport and you’re asserting they’re mediocre. 

Kansas City, LA Rams...those teams have done it better because (and I'm not sure if you know this) they won SB's.  Made big acquisitions to give them an edge either before or during the off-season.  

When the NFL starts awarding the Lombardi to the best regular season roster, please let me know.  I'll change my criteria on success in the NFL. 

I really can't take you seriously with the third paragraph.  Stop falling back on hyperbolic arguments and whining about the pandemic.  It's an indication you're whining.

Just now, That's No Moon said:

And they became the Super Bowl Rams by identifying the problem and making the right move to fix it. They then augmented that move with other moves to bring in players at positions of need midseason.

The Bills don't have enough speed in the back end. Waiting to see how that's addressed because we were all clamoring for Levi Wallace to be replaced last year and he wasn't. Now we have White coming off an ACL and the DBS are still too slow as a group.

They don't get after the QB well enough and they've drafted three DEs in the last two years who don't consistently rush the quarterback. Now you subtract Hughes from that mix and they still need to be significantly better in that area.

They've replaced Butler and Phillips with two different guys. Better? I don't know. Saffold at LG, better at age 34? I'm not sure. Line depth took a hit with Williams gone though because he's not there to step out to RT in a pinch now. Tommy Doyle needs to be the swing tackle this year which is moderately scary.

So far they are different. I'm not sure if they are better. I'll say again, last year they didn't get better. Their deficiencies were the same as the year before. Run defense in general, CB2, pass rush, interior line play and RB.

Yes, they need more speed at CB, but who were they going to sign in FA that was going to get them that?  They didn't have enough cap space for Jackson.

They needed pash rush, they drafted 3 DE's in the first 2 rounds the last 2 years.  They are trying to fill that hole.  All those guys are super young.

The experts so far have praised the signings so far as upgrades, I'm going to go with their opinions.

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Rams would have been tough.  

Sick of hearing about Cinci.   That defense they deployed to turn Mahomes into a pumpkin doesn’t work against Allen.  He would’ve just ran all over it. 

Joe Mixon would give them real problems and there isnt anyone on the defense that can run with Chase.

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

Kansas City, LA Rams...those teams have done it better because (and I'm not sure if you know this) they won SB's.  Made big acquisitions to give them an edge either before or during the off-season.  

When the NFL starts awarding the Lombardi to the best regular season roster, please let me know.  I'll change my criteria on success in the NFL. 

I really can't take you seriously with the third paragraph.  Stop falling back on hyperbolic arguments and whining about the pandemic.  It's an indication you're whining.

What big acquisition did KC make? Does Diggs not count for the Bills?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I mean it’s been 12 hours into the offseason. Sheesh. 

Just now, Tim Anderson's Lunch Pail said:

I mean it’s been 12 hours into the offseason. Sheesh. 

Yeah, the Rams got a Superbowl, but they are going to be in cap hell for years to come.  They could have also easily lost the SB and all those moves would have been for naught.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m trying to figure out what you’re bitching about the reasons why the Buffalo has not been to the Super Bowl yet are not talent related

Nobody to run with Tyreek Hill. Not the squib. Tyreek Hill.

Just now, BufBills83 said:

Yeah, the Rams got a Superbowl, but they are going to be in cap hell for years to come.  They could have also easily lost the SB and all those moves would have been for naught.

But they did win.

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Nobody to run with Tyreek Hill. Not the squib. Tyreek Hill.

But they did win.

And whose to say we won't since we will be contenders for years to come?

Just now, BillsVet said:

None of your previous posts were worthy of a response. 

Or you just didn't have one worthy of being posted.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

So basically every other team in the league has this problem

Free agency isn’t over with there was 13 seconds left to go when Josh Allen left the field we were winning

And they lost. Get better. Don't tell me. Show me. They drafted 3 stiffs at DE to fix the pass rush but hey they're addressing the problem so that makes it ok 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.