Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Saffold and Jones help improve stoutness of the lines. We've been soft in the middle of the lines. One of our biggest weaknesses.

I came into the offseason looking to improve stoutness, sacks, and YAC.

Still work to do obviously.

Saffold might not be what he was but he will not be tossed around like a rag doll by Chris Jones or Cam Heyward all game long so we’re already ahead of previous years imo 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Gronk hasn't been a money guy for a few years now.  I don't think his deal will be in the same ball park as these other guys.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a base of 5 mil with incentives

Has he done anything?  Granted, he doesn't play for a real NFL team, but still....

I would be very surprised to see Gronk go for $5M.  $5M wouldn't get you Ian Thomas.

Gronk played for around $8M last season which was around market value then.  Now the market has sky rocketed and is North of $11M.  I'd rather have Gronk then Njoku/J Smith/Ertz/Tonyan.  I think the Bills have to go at least that high to even have a chance, there's TN, Cincy, and Tampa who could be in the mix.

44 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Gronk hasn't been a money guy for a few years now.  I don't think his deal will be in the same ball park as these other guys.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a base of 5 mil with incentives

Has he done anything?  Granted, he doesn't play for a real NFL team, but still....

Brady is back so he will sign with TB, 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

Interesting to see the first moves in the new league year were to re-sign a gadget WR, a new guard, and 2 DT's.  

Not arguing with the Saffold signing, but the other 3 signings are just...Billsy.  Or, should I say...McCoach-esque.  

Would imagine more moves will be made, but interior OL/DL and gadget WR's are not the reason this team lost 2 years running to KC.  If they're still following the McCoach team-building approach it'll fail even with a franchise QB. 

Lost a guard, signed a guard.  Lost a DT, signed a DT.  The other DT (Settle), if you squint enough it’s basically the Quinton Jefferson scouting report from 2020.  The OBD personnel guys are water-treading Olympians.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Lost a guard, signed a guard.  Lost a DT, signed a DT.  The other DT (Settle), if you squint enough it’s basically the Quinton Jefferson scouting report from 2020.  The OBD personnel guys are water-treading Olympians.

I’m shocked that you’re putting a negative spin on something.

• Haha (+1) 8

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The danger of perpetually thinking you are close.

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Bills are the 2022 AFC Super Bowl favorites. Already. Just as they are. Free agency hasn't even technically started yet. But by all means, let's complain about the best front office we've had in a quarter century. 

• Thank you (+1) 6

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I can see the argument that'll be offered...that Buffalo lacked the cap space to maneuver this off-season.  Of course, a closer inspection would reveal that poor UFA decisions in previous off-seasons inhibited their ability for this one.  

For all the plaudits Beane and company receive, they really just tread water like you note.  

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I can see the argument that'll be offered...that Buffalo lacked the cap space to maneuver this off-season.  Of course, a closer inspection would reveal that poor UFA decisions in previous off-seasons inhibited their ability for this one.  

For all the plaudits Beane and company receive, they really just tread water like you note.  

Beane got us a QB.  The rest of his work has been Guntekustesque.  

Hey I just won TSW scrabble!

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

The danger of perpetually thinking you are close.

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Would you two prefer we replace a guard with a traffic cone and a DT with a rock? When holes open up on a roster, you replace them with someone who you think can perform better. Plus free agency hasn't even started, meaning we still have plenty of time to fix other holes. Would love to see the off-season master plan you've concocted lol.

Tf 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Logic said:

The Bills are the 2022 AFC Super Bowl favorites. Already. Just as they are. Free agency hasn't even technically started yet. But by all means, let's complain about the best front office we've had in a quarter century. 

To quote Dennis Green, "if you want to crown them, then crown their a**!"

Don't care about your opinion re: the front office.  No one's giving trophies out to franchises for best front office of the past 25 years.  You get trophies for winning, which means signing the right players to fit a scheme that out-does opponents.  

• Eyeroll 1

Laughing at the inevitable posts coming in from people who had unreal expectations, think the salary cap "means nothing", and that believe just because there's restructures and extensions that COULD be done to clear space that it was an automatic that every single one WOULD be done and at the snap of a finger.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Beane got us a QB.  The rest of it has been Guntekustesque.  Hey I just won TSW scrabble!

So, what you’re saying is that Beane, in the most critical decision a GM will make in today’s NFL - finding a franchise QB - hit it out of the park? 

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

Interesting to see the first moves in the new league year were to re-sign a gadget WR, a new guard, and 2 DT's.  

Not arguing with the Saffold signing, but the other 3 signings are just...Billsy.  Or, should I say...McCoach-esque.  

Would imagine more moves will be made, but interior OL/DL and gadget WR's are not the reason this team lost 2 years running to KC.  If they're still following the McCoach team-building approach it'll fail even with a franchise QB. 

Consensus amongst NFL folks is that we:

-Upgraded the OL with Saffold over Williams

-Upgraded the IDL with Jones/Settle replacing Harry/Butler

McKenzie was signed to a team friendly deal, clearly to be WR4, and the Morse extension makes all the sense in the world.

I struggle to see what people are complaining about in regards to these moves..  Who, that signed today, did you want? 

Cinci and LAC got much better in certain areas, but they have rookie QB money that BUF/KC do not.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

Don't care about your opinion re: the front office.  No one's giving trophies out to franchises for best front office of the past 25 years.  You get trophies for winning, which means signing the right players to fit a scheme that out-does opponents.  

So do they get any credit for building a team that has been to the playoffs four out of five seasons after not going for 17 years and are once again Super Bowl favorites, or nah?

Do all 30 GMs whose teams don't make the Super Bowl each year suck, too, or is it just Beanie and co?

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

So, what you’re saying is that Beane, in the most critical decision a GM will make in today’s NFL - finding a franchise QB - hit it out of the park? 

Yup, that’s what I’m saying.  But his legacy will be measured in Lombardis and if he squanders that franchise QB’s legacy by running the team like a used car dealership on Sheridan, history won’t judge him kindly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Which our braintrust has done, emphatically.  

It's not a formula.  You build one of the best teams, you win games, you get a high seed in the playoffs - then you hope for a little luck. Because getting through the playoffs & getting the prize usually relies on that.

Beane & his staff have done an outstanding job turning this team into one of the top contenders.

57 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

The AFCCG loss the interior OL was definitely a good part of reason that game was lost. I clearly recall KC blowing through on a consistent basis making Allen's day a very miserable one.

The recent playoff loss couple months ago was obviously coaches doing as I'm sure you're aware has been discussed more than enough. I agree with you they need to somehow work numbers etc out to get a solid player in a position of need that can possibly get them where they need to be. But it's well known the cap situation and certain things have to be adjusted to make moves for any impact type player and that could take a more than the 1st few hours of day 1 of F/A.

The cap situation is a self-made issue.  As others have said, notably @BADOLBILZ they've inked some guys who were vastly overpaid and now that's impacting the cap.  OBD has no one to blame but themselves.  

My point remains: prioritizing their first contracts on guys who'll play less than 50% of the snaps is bizarre...provided those contracts are not classic Beane/McCoach overpaying at positions of less importance (DT, LB).  

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Yup, that’s what I’m saying.  But his legacy will be measured in Lombardis and if he squanders that franchise QB’s legacy by running the team like a used car dealership on Sheridan, history won’t judge him kindly.

Well thank goodness he gave you Josh Allen so that he’ll have a number of chances to bring that Lombardi trophy to Buffalo.

Just out of curiosity, were you on board with the draft capital he gave up to get Allen, and the selection of Allen itself, or did you write pretty much the same type of critiques you are writing now?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.