Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

Nelson CB from Eagles still out there.  As is Chandler Jones.  Really not as much movement as I thought on day 1 of tampering period.

All 32 GMs are asleep at the wheel. At this rate, no one is making it to the Superbowl.

• Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

Nelson CB from Eagles still out there.  As is Chandler Jones.  Really not as much movement as I thought on day 1 of tampering period.

Well it's only been like 2 hours since it started. They will all likely have a long, busy night. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Doc said:

Jags paying starting prices for backup level players.

Engram is a starter in this league.  I actually surprised he couldn't get more than a year contract and it was from the Jags.  That sounds like a bad idea to get a 1 year prove it deal with a lower level team like the Jags

Just now, Fred Slacks said:

But it seems like an eternity for me 😂

Lol, yeah I can see how it seems that way for some when seeing the "Bills interested in C. Jones and Gronk" threads for about a week now and some getting excited. I guess after seeing those reports last few days some may have expected some action early within the 1st couple hours.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Engram is a starter in this league.  I actually surprised he couldn't get more than a year contract and it was from the Jags.  That sounds like a bad idea to get a 1 year prove it deal with a lower level team like the Jags

Not so sure about that. Many will argue he isn't starter material at this point. Although better than Sweeney, however that's not saying much since it only takes an average TE to be better imo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Not so sure about that. Many will argue he isn't starter material at this point. Although better than Sweeney, however that's not saying much since it only takes an average TE to be better imo

He had three seasons with Manning and two with Daniel Jones, he had two seasons where he caught less than 60% of passes thrown his way, one from Manning and one from Jones. This is while the Giants had guys like OBJ, Golden Tate, Sterling Shepard, and Darius Slayton. He's not worth $9 million a year, he's probably worth half that, Jags pay a premium for FAs to come there. 

5 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

He had three seasons with Manning and two with Daniel Jones, he had two seasons where he caught less than 60% of passes thrown his way, one from Manning and one from Jones. This is while the Giants had guys like OBJ, Golden Tate, Sterling Shepard, and Darius Slayton. He's not worth $9 million a year, he's probably worth half that, Jags pay a premium for FAs to come there. 

Yeah I get all that, I just think it wouldn't be a problem at all getting better than he and Sweeney imo

6 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah I get all that, I just think it wouldn't be a problem at all getting better than he and Sweeney imo

I was big on him at first, but when I started looking into his performance, it's been average at best or below. The fact he's making $6 million more than Knox doesn't make any sense to me other than it's his last real opportunity in the NFL, and it's going to be in Jacksonville. 

• Like (+1) 1

Being in the mix for ogbah (or whatever his name is) means we’re big game hunting at DE.  Chandler Jones or Clowney…come on down

at some point we’ll need to sign a 2nd QB - hate the idea of Cam, love the idea of Fitz

Gronk hasn’t resigned with TB and Sal says Gronks friends are always trying to get him to sign with Buffalo. Imagine if he signed with buffalo and won a SB. He’d be more of a TE God than he already is. Not likely but the longer he stays unsigned the better Biffalo’s chances. Still TB>retirement >Buffalo

Edited by Turbo44

5 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Sharp knives are ready Holmes.....but if you're right we can be friends again...im watching you pal.

My inside source at Applebees told me

Just now, Watkins90 said:

Why tomorrow and not today?

Because Beane is a wizard. He doesn’t work on Mondays 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.