Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

What made that hit especially damning - not that Landry was aware I’m sure - is that Aaron Williams was just coming off his neck injury the year prior. I held my breath when he was lying there on the field, he could’ve been paralyzed.

Yep. For me the hit was definitley dirty. It was a blindside hit and he actually left his feet to hit Williams in the head. I was never a big fan of his and even less after that hit. I honestly don't know how I would feel if he joined the team.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Why?  He isn't very productive anymore.

I'm guessing, riffing on the "Carolina connection"

22 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

This is like the fourth or fifth reporter I've seen saying Bills have interest in Landry. 

They're probably all going off each other, not independent reports.  It's what they do these days.

I'm sure the Bills have an interest in Landry, just as I'm sure the Bills had an interest in JJ Watt last off season.  But how far they pursue that interest depends on what his agent tells them he wants.

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I believe the term is “echo chamber”

I probably can't keep up, but I thought that was the term for when people source their news from internet feeds using algorithms to show them more of the same type of information they've shown an interest in?

I think reporters B, C, and D rehashing reporter A's info without a new source or confirmation deserves a different term

Landry would replace Beasley as the team's "zone breaker" and add some physicality to the WR corps. He also is 3 years younger than Beasley and doesn't have a significant injury history. Diggs and Davis on the outside, Landry in the slot and Mac as the gadget WR4 is a really good WR corps. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Landry would replace Beasley as the team's "zone breaker" and add some physicality to the WR corps. He also is 3 years younger than Beasley and doesn't have a significant injury history. Diggs and Davis on the outside, Landry in the slot and Mac as the gadget WR4 is a really good WR corps. 

Dont hate it.  Seems they felt he was the problem.  They completely revamp their Wr room.  Allen Robinson and Amari Cooper. 

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Not the speed element I've been hoping for.  Great run blocker though.

I think Mac being back is that speed element. I also think Davis and Diggs are able to get down field and break things down. With Mac back I personally think the need for "speed" is overrated. 

• Disagree 2

Just now, billsfan89 said:

I think Mac being back is that speed element. I also think Davis and Diggs are able to get down field and break things down. With Mac back I personally think the need for "speed" is overrated. 

Beane specifically said he wants to add a YAC-monster to the offense.  I don't think re-signing MacKenzie accomplishes that objective.  Landry isn't that, either.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

We still don’t have anyone to stretch the field...

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Watching the Bills in 2020 and 2021 I don't see them having a problem getting the ball downfield. Davis, Mac and Diggs (and Knox to a lesser extent) don't have problems getting deep balls from Josh. I think the O-line is the biggest issue on the offense.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Who did we have last season? Sanders? No.  This is the most misunderstood phrase in football.  McKenzie runs a 4.4, so if you reallllllly want to take the top off the defense, we've got one.

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Beane specifically said he wants to add a YAC-monster to the offense.  I don't think re-signing MacKenzie accomplishes that objective.  Landry isn't that, either.

This is my biggest thing. I don't know if it can be accomplished by the offensive scheme or what, but we need our WRs to help Josh and this offense out.

Just now, billsfan89 said:

I am not sure the Bills agree with you.  They guy only ever ran jet sweeps and crossers, I don't recall a lot of deep balls going his way.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.