Rumor- Harrison Phillips not coming back

wiseman3

You can always tell which posters on the board never leave their house or keyboard when these type of threads pop up....it's the guys who just can't fathom these guys are real people who have real lives, real friends, and people in the real world socialize.  I've had a few run ins with players or friends of players over the years(it's really not that uncommon for those of us who are local to WNY) and things don't always get kept as close to the vest as you would think.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Props to Wiseman. It's not that big of a town, people talk, not that hard to believe. Buffalo (especially OP/Hamburg/Aurora) is unique in that it is small and the players live among us. Josh Allen's new house is on my road. Tre White used to live in the same development as my cousin. I hear things and don't post them because I'd rather not get my head bitten off if for some reason it doesn't happen. People need to be a little more accepting. Just say ok thanks for the info, let's see if it happens, and then go on with your day. We might be missing out on some good info if people are scared to post

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm guessing Bills made him an offer, he went out to see what he could get and was much higher than what Bills were offering so he took it.  If it were close to Bills offer, maybe he'd have resigned. 

Likely too he assumed he'd get much more, hence in his mind he wasn't coming back.  And apparently he was right about his value.

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Hey I vouched for you!  It never seemed that unbelievable to me

I vouched for him too given I met Levi Wallace’s college best friends at the home opener sitting next to them and still keep in touch on IG.  

Why people here always find it so hard to believe is always puzzling to me.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/5/2022 at 7:44 PM, wiseman3 said:

Met Harrison's best friend out in Buffalo tonight...showed texts to prove that he will not be coming back in free agency. I don't expect anyone to really believe this, but you'll just have to believe me haha. He will not be a Bill next year

You are never to be doubted again.😁

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

things don't always get kept as close to the vest as you would think.

I have a family member who is incredibly high up at Nike, and the amount of stuff agents/league reps tell him is insane, most of it ends up being true. Alcohol is usually involved.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I vouched for him too given I met Levi Wallace’s college best friends at the home opener sitting next to them and still keep in touch on IG.  

Why people here always find it so hard to believe is always puzzling to me.  

When you first met Levi's BEST FRIEND did he reveal private information to a total stranger?

Just wondering.

55 minutes ago, The Dean said:

When you first met Levi's BEST FRIEND did he reveal private information to a total stranger?

Just wondering.

I wouldn’t doubt it.

People like to feel important. What quicker way to do that than to show a fan of your best friends team, secret stuff?

9 hours ago, The Dean said:

Just wondering.

I mean there were 4 of them, and yes, they told us a lot about Levi.  But they have since messaged with me on IG about how much Levi loves Buffalo, the mafia, the team, etc and his preference would be to stay in Buffalo.  

On another note…I have a brand new product coming out this summer that a few close friends know about who also know it’s hush hush and top secret.  Yet one of these fools was telling everybody at the bar about it Saturday because he thinks it’s so cool and gonna be huge.  And he’s one of my groomsman in my wedding.  And trust me, that info is wayyyy more sensitive and secret than a mediocre nfl players FA plans.  

So yeah, it happens.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean there were 4 of them, and yes, they told us a lot about Levi.  But they have since messaged with me on IG about how much Levi loves Buffalo, the mafia, the team, etc and his preference would be to stay in Buffalo.  

On another note…I have a brand new product coming out this summer that a few close friends know about who also know it’s hush hush and top secret.  Yet one of these fools was telling everybody at the bar about it Saturday because he thinks it’s so cool and gonna be huge.  And he’s one of my groomsman in my wedding.  And trust me, that info is wayyyy more sensitive and secret than a mediocre nfl players FA plans.  

So yeah, it happens.  

Weed suppository?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Weed suppository?

Hahaha those already exist believe it or not.  

Right industry, but this is a brand new product and category that doesn’t exist.  We had to engineer and build our own machines to make it.  It’s gonna be huge.  We have patents on the machines and designs, and full trademarks on both our branding and the new categorical terms too.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So yeah, it happens.  

You know what else happens, I'd venture to say far more often? People tend to exaggerate the level of their "friendship" to famous people/athletes/musicians, when dealing with strangers to impress them. They also mis interpret remarks and put their own spin on things, on purpose or unintentionally.  A remark like "I I won't be back in Buffalo next year" (because he sees the writing on the wall) can get mangled into "He wants to leave Buffalo" or "There is no way he will come back to the Bills", etc. 

Now neither of us know exactly Harrison's relationship to this person, what the exact nature of the conversations he has had with him or the exact nature of the texts that prove he is Harry's best friend. I would be highly skeptical in that situation. In my extensive bar experience (on both sides of the bar) I've found bulls#it exceeds actual information by quite a wide margin. And the information that seems to be real should be treated with caution and some suspect as to its exact nature.

And maybe it's because my best friend has been my best friend for 60 years, and several others with 50+ years of friendship, but I can't imagine one of them telling a stranger my very personal business. And I can guarantee you, if I found out they had, they would not only not be my "best friend", but not sure they could be considered a friend at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So yeah, it happens.  

21 minutes ago, The Dean said:

You know what else happens, I'd venture to say far more often? People tend to exaggerate the level of their "friendship" to famous people/athletes/musicians, when dealing with strangers to impress them. They also mis interpret remarks and put their own spin on things, on purpose or unintentionally.  A remark like "I I won't be back in Buffalo next year" (because he sees the writing on the wall) can get mangled into "He wants to leave Buffalo" or "There is no way he will come back to the Bills", etc. 

Now neither of us know exactly Harrison's relationship to this person, what the exact nature of the conversations he has had with him or the exact nature of the texts that prove he is Harry's best friend. I would be highly skeptical in that situation. In my extensive bar experience (on both sides of the bar) I've found bulls#it exceeds actual information by quite a wide margin. And the information that seems to be real should be treated with caution and some suspect as to its exact nature.

And maybe it's because my best friend has been my best friend for 60 years, and several others with 50+ years of friendship, but I can't imagine one of them telling a stranger my very personal business. And I can guarantee you, if I found out they had, they would not only not be my "best friend", but not sure they could be considered a friend at all.

Sounds like we got us some friend asses that need a kickin!!

Let's get a posse together boys!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.