Browns reinforce their plans for Mayfield.

BuffaloBills1998

54 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

He played well enough in 2020 and with the team they have they can win games with him as evidenced by their playoff win that season. 

He's never going to be a "reset the market" guy. Or at least shouldn't be. However when healthy he can be in that 2nd tier QB range IMO

A QB good enough to get you to the playoffs and maybe win a game with enough talent around him. Won't be a difference maker or be able to win games on his own. Bet the Browns would love to have that pick back again.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

A QB good enough to get you to the playoffs and maybe win a game with enough talent around him. Won't be a difference maker or be able to win games on his own. Bet the Browns would love to have that pick back again.

I caught some Cleveland radio today and it was like going back in time with the Bills. They were debating whether Jameis Winston was just an upgrade or a huge upgrade and discussed his LASIK surgery at length and grasping at straws with QBs who will be available vs baker. Unfortunately neither of those guys are SB material. 

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

That's not the reason they laughed at you.  

Yup, curse of the Irish…, 

Mayfield is in that Kirk Cousins tier when healthy. I do believe he was affected by the shoulder injury last year and having to wear the harness. In 2020, Josh had a lesser form of the same injury. In the weeks after, wearing the harness, it affected his game as well and he wasn't as sharp. I expect Mayfield to have a 3,500-4,000 yard, 30 TD type of season if healthy this year. Nothing spectacular, not carrying the team on his back, but serviceable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Big Turk said:

There were a few games in 2020 that they win largely because of his passing. However, I would agree they (along with the Jets) would love to go back and grab Allen over who they chose. 

39 minutes ago, H2o said:

Mayfield is in that Kirk Cousins tier when healthy. I do believe he was affected by the shoulder injury last year and having to wear the harness. In 2020, Josh had a lesser form of the same injury. In the weeks after, wearing the harness, it affected his game as well and he wasn't as sharp. I expect Mayfield to have a 3,500-4,000 yard, 30 TD type of season if healthy this year. Nothing spectacular, not carrying the team on his back, but serviceable. 

Think the Baker Mayfield numbers are about right. He had 3,500 yards and 26 touchdowns in 16 games in 2020. I can see him getting back to that kind of form if healthy. They do need to get him some receiving help though. OBJ was never a fit and is gone. Landry's future is up in the air. They have nothing else of any value on the roster at receiver. 

• Agree 1

I want to thank BB1998 for using the word Mayfield In the title.

Too many people refer to this undeserving guy by just his first name, even heard it Nationally on sports shows.

Nothing he has done deserves the right for him to get the same treatment as guys like Kobe, The Mick, Jimbo, Bruuuuce, LeBron etc.

One day the national media may refer to Josh and have the football world know there is only ONE Josh.

Thanks BB1998

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.