Browns reinforce their plans for Mayfield.

BuffaloBills1998

On 3/4/2022 at 12:54 PM, Utah John said:

The Browns' biggest problem isn't Mayfield, IMO, it's the overall roster.  The Browns went with the Big Star approach, gathering a bevy of top players, and filling out the roster with JAGS.  The salary cap is going to force them to make tough choices -- keep Myles Garrett or Clowney or their starting QB? for example.  The stars are going to thin out, leaving the roster full of meh JAGs, and that isn't going to win enough to challenge Cinci or Baltimore.  Certainly not Buffalo.

They have a good defense, one of the best offensive lines in league, a running game with Chubb, they had OBJ and Jarvis LANDRY, and three very good tight ends. Their defense has the best defensive end in the league and some pretty good players. I would say that Mayfield is the problem. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
Its Landry not Jones. Not Landry Jones, or Jarvis Jones. Its Jarvis Landry
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

They have a good defense, one of the best offensive lines in league, a running game with Chubb, they had OBJ and Jarvis Jones, and three very good tight ends. Their defense has the best defensive end in the league and some pretty good players. I would say that Mayfield is the problem. 

I would say Mayfield being hurt was the problem in 2021. In the longer term he isn't a problem in terms of making the playoffs. But his ceiling is a limitation in terms of competing for a Championship. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The issue I can't resolve is why he and Beckham could not connect on the playing field.  They also had Landry so it wasn't like they could always just double OBJ.  A Tier 1 QB has to play successfully with the talent he has, and for some reason, these guys did not click.  Was it personality, ability, injuries (him or him) or something more sinister that speaks to Baker's ability to lead a team?  If OBJ flopped in LA, you could rightfully point the blame at him, but just the opposite happened.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.