Bills interested in signing Rob Gronkowski, per Tim Graham

HappyDays

16 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

In my admittedly homerist opinion, it isn't just the talent, and coaching that has made the Bills a great team that is a favorite for the SB next season-- it's the culture that Beane, and McD have created. Character, and culture matter, especially for this Bills team. It's the way it's been built. I believe this, and I'm not sure that Gronkowsky fits the Bills' culture.

The same Gronk that played for Belichick?

Gronk is a good blocker, takes care of his body, and tough as nails. Because he acts like a frat boy every minute the camera is on him doesn't mean he doesn't work and understand team concept.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 2

Not at that price !

I always liked Gronk but seeing as Rudolph has come available i would rather see him here if his price is better !

If both are asking that high a  price i would rather have the Bills focus on getting Knox a extension because he is much more imperative to the Bills future than either of those 2 because they are on the down side of their respective careers & the money could be better spent ! 

Plus there may be a good TE in the draft that could be developed for a lot less ...

Just saw a stat that Gronk was 2nd among TE's in yards after the catch. And that was only playing 12 games.... isnt YAC something we've all agreed needs fixing around here?

So here we have a guy that had 800+ yards in 12 games. Was 2nd at his position in YAC. Is still an elite blocking TE. And people are talking about not wanting "the ghost of gronk" or a run down player. Its knee jerk and its drastically inaccurate....... he lost his cool 5 years ago. get over it. i bet white has.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

When they sign Gronk and he apologizes (again) in his opening PC and talks about bringing a championship to his hometown and he and Tre do some co-branding promos together -

are you guys still gonna come here and salt?

I'll answer this. My take is probably some not very many. Bills fans are a resilient bunch. I personally wouldn't allow my dislike of him temper my love for the Team. I would trust that McBeane had the TEAMS best interests at heart. Period.  Would I celebrate if he caught the winning TD in a huge game?  What do you think? For me of course Im going to cheer a Bills victory. In the final analysis his contributions to OUR team will trump any lingering rancor from his past behavior. I just cant stand the guys schtick. I have that right.

It doesnt change the fact that if all else being equal a lot of Bills fans find it abhorrent he would ever play football for the Bills, with his patriot stink and memories of his hit on Tre White as a part of his legacy.

this message board is full of diehards and we all want to win an NFL championship. Lets not get all uppity like your opinion is sooo much more valid and "Right" than anyone elses.  One player on a TEAM.....I'll swallow my disgust. Happy Now Gronk supporters?

smh

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Put me down as a solid NO! 

I can see Gronk coming to the Bills for an easy final paycheck and putting in little to know effort. Beane has to be really careful bringing in veterans who claim they want to play for a winner. 

So a guy from southern CA thinks that a player whose family lives in Buffalo and operates their family business here would choose cap-strapped Buffalo to be the town where he came to steal one last fat pay check?

Some of the takes from you emotional decision makers in this thread are utter nonsense..........but many of them are entertainingly stupid.  :lol:

1 hour ago, muppy said:

I'll answer this. My take is probably some not very many. Bills fans are a resilient bunch. I personally wouldn't allow my dislike of him temper my love for the Team. I would trust that McBeane had the TEAMS best interests at heart. Period.  Would I celebrate if he caught the winning TD in a huge game?  What do you think? For me of course Im going to cheer a Bills victory. In the final analysis his contributions to OUR team will trump any lingering rancor from his past behavior. I just cant stand the guys schtick. I have that right.

It doesnt change the fact that if all else being equal a lot of Bills fans find it abhorrent he would ever play football for the Bills, with his patriot stink and memories of his hit on Tre White as a part of his legacy.

this message board is full of diehards and we all want to win an NFL championship. Lets not get all uppity like your opinion is sooo much more valid and "Right" than anyone elses.  One player on a TEAM.....I'll swallow my disgust. Happy Now Gronk supporters?

smh

blanche-woe-is-me.gif

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'd argue that he has a ton of respect for Brady, where he has little to no respect for the Bills or Buffalo.

And what would be your proof of the latter?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

When they sign Gronk and he apologizes (again) in his opening PC and talks about bringing a championship to his hometown and he and Tre do some co-branding promos together -

are you guys still gonna come here and salt?

It's laughable the lengths people go to be mad at Gronk.

Dude had no choice where he was drafted..........he got passed on by his hometown/favorite team in the draft...........did his job at a high level.........didn't treat Buffalo worse than any other opponent(though he probably had cause to for passing on him).........and yet people are ultimately mad/jealous because he did his job well elsewhere and that some of that involved beating an uncompetitive Buffalo team for the better part of a decade.

The whole Tre White thing is just nonsense...........heat of the moment mistake.........he apologized(which most of them didn't even know about)...........and his explanation of the situation is consistent with the idea that he didn't enjoy playing for Belichick and why he would soon prematurely retire........but our emo's can't run with THAT they gotta' make it about his disdain for Buffalo or Tre or some other nonsense.  :rolleyes:

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

He's a villain I've enjoyed rooting against over the years.   

Would I want him on my team? Hell yeah.    He's still got stuff in the tank and he's good at ALL aspects of being a TE.  Helps our running game and boost the passing as well.  Besides, it gives us two legit options for TE in case of injury. Gives us a FANTASTIC 2 TE package with Diggs, Gabe, Gronk and Knox.  Pound it or chuck it!   

He catches a TD in the Superbowl and he literally gets to be a hometown hero.   what's not to like?

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Dude had no choice where he was drafted..........he got passed on by his hometown/favorite team in the draft...........did his job at a high level.........didn't treat Buffalo worse than any other opponent(though he probably had cause to for passing on him).........and yet people are ultimately mad/jealous because he did his job well elsewhere and that some of that involved beating an uncompetitive Buffalo team for the better part of a decade.

The whole Tre White thing is just nonsense...........heat of the moment mistake.........he apologized(which most of them didn't even know about)...........and his explanation of the situation is consistent with the idea that he didn't enjoy playing for Belichick and why he would soon prematurely retire........but our emo's can't run with THAT they gotta' make it about his disdain for Buffalo or Tre or some other nonsense.  :rolleyes:

Yup and there’s one guy saying “no thanks I’d rather win a Super Bowl with homegrown talent” I mean Christ, THE DUDE LITERALLY WENT TO WILLIAMSVILLE NORTH.  You cannot get any more “farm to table” than Gronk.

I am starting to believe Quarantine Brain is a real thing.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Haha (+1) 5

43 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Tre White thing is not nonsense. The dude took a shot at the back of his head! Waayyyy after the play. That's one of the most dangerous things you can possibly do, and it was at a guy that obviously wasn't looking at him. 

He's a cowardice piece of trash. If he's pissed off at something that happened on the field, get in his face when he gets up or is at least looking at him like most guys do. 

I don't care if he was literally conceived on the 50 yard line at Ralph Wilson Stadium, I want no part of that dirtbag on our team. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The same Gronk that played for Belichick?

Gronk is a good blocker, takes care of his body, and tough as nails. Because he acts like a frat boy every minute the camera is on him doesn't mean he doesn't work and understand team concept.

Tough as nails guys take shots at the back of a defenseless player's head that's not looking at them after the play is over?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.