Biden's State of the Union 2022

B-Man

3 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Did Biden really mention “fund the police” and “secure our border” in the same speech? What kind of twilight zone is this. 

One where he is polling in the low 30s.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

Really shouldn’t surprise anyone. He’s always been like that. His entire political career is littered with a track record of swaying whichever way the wind blows. 

Don't forget plagiarism.  

20 minutes ago, daz28 said:

That was Boebert

Too bad we couldn't fire MTG, Boebert and the Squad in a rocket to space to explore strange new worlds, seeking out new life and new civilizations. I think that would be a wholly bipartisan and populist agenda.

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Was she wearing her side arm? 

I like the yelling out stuff though. British parliament does it and I say it adds to the theatrical value

The sidearm is a fake news political stunt she used to publicize her restaurant.  I'd literally pay money to not have to hear her shout out anything.  The term "Boebert" should be used as an antonym for a sane, intelligent person.  

3 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Too bad we couldn't fire MTG, Boebert and the Squad in a rocket to space to explore strange new worlds, seeking out new life and new civilizations. I think that would be a wholly bipartisan and populist agenda.

Even the strange new worlds would find them strange.  You'd think their colleagues would hate them bringing down their collective intelligence.  

Just now, daz28 said:

Even the strange new worlds would find them strange.  You'd think their colleagues would hate them bringing down their collective intelligence.  

I have to imagine that both side like that they can be easy targets for the opposition, allowing them all to get away with more sleazy BS. 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Which one are you watching? 

kim Reynolds might be the least charismatic politician I’ve ever seen. 🤮 

I don't even think I'd be able to listen to her if she was on the emergency broadcast system telling me what I would need to do to survive a nuclear attack.  Absolutely a horrible public speaker.  

• Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I don't even think I'd be able to listen to her if she was on the emergency broadcast system telling me what I would need to do to survive a nuclear attack.  Absolutely a horrible public speaker.  

Yeah if they think they’ve got their next Obama in their ranks, they clearly kept the powder dry

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Apparently all members of Congress have to declare their holdings, and several websites are tracking now. 

https://www.capitoltrades.com/

Except the most recent of the transactions are from 17 days ago.

And Joey only ended-up losing more of his few supporters with his pivot to the middle.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/18/2022 at 1:42 PM, Tiberius said:

I'd love it you guys all moved to Montana or something and proclaimed yourselves the United State of Ignorance and started a new country. 

I'd love it if we could all just meet for real and settle this.  

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Except the most recent of the transactions are from 17 days ago.

I'm not sure how quickly it would be possible to that info updated. Still a potentially useful tool that is still in beta testing.

• Like (+1) 1

the real SOTU address. a glimpse of honesty from this administration.

"election matter. when folks vote, they order what they want and got what they asked for."

the presidents actual address.

did you see me do the opposite of everything i did? 

What a watered down, limp wristed SOTU in comparison to Trumps inspiring effort last year.

To think the world has to suffer this clown (or his mannequin deputy) for another 3 years. Imagine what the poor Ukrainians must be thinking, let alone hard working Americans and good conservative folk around the globe.

We have all been short changed and today's side show just reinforces that point.

7 hours ago, BillStime said:

Brandon killed it tonight 

Well he has killed, slaughtered and murdered everything he has touched so I suppose he gets an A for sheer consistency.

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Speaking of Adderall and Fixodent, what was up with Pelosi? She looked off the rails with her weird facial expressions and reactions. Looked like she was trying to readjust her dentures.

Good chance she was shitfaced. She usually is.

• Dislike 1

For the record, I am a decidedly independent voter who refused to cast a vote for Trump and refused to cast a vote for Biden.    Biden proved unequivocally last night that he is cognitively compromised.

The sheer number of gaffs and mistakes he made last night was alarming.  He couldn't go five minutes without substituting the wrong word or incorrectly pronouncing words.  The MSM won't cover it, but I'm sure they will be all over Tik Tok today.

Consider he called Ukrainians, Iranians at one point.

At one point he said "our forces are not going to Europe to fight Ukraine" when he meant Russia."  Fighting the Ukrainians..  Doh!

And then he said you can't build a wall high enough to keep out vaccines when he meant to say viruses.

The dude can't even read a teleprompter correctly.  And when he goes ad lib, he sputters nonsense.

When he increases the tempo of words, he gets lost in his thoughts...

THIS IS THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD...

A few other comments:

Mitch McConnell sat so impassively as to appear dead.  He looked like he was ready for Madam Tussauds 

Nancy Pelosi looked absolutely giddy.  As if he she took an extra dose of her medicine.

Chuck Schumer jumped up when no one else did and looked embarrassed and sat down

If you were playing a drinking game on the SOTU and you had "folks", you'd have been hammered by the time it was over.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Speaking of Adderall and Fixodent, what was up with Pelosi? She looked off the rails with her weird facial expressions and reactions. Looked like she was trying to readjust her dentures.

she seemed to do a little dance and get excited about burnpits