Biden's State of the Union 2022

B-Man

22 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You only scratched the surface Jim.

They will be claiming a lot more.

Jen Psaki's Preview of What to Expect at Biden's SOTU Shows How Delusional This Administration Is

Townhall, by Rebecca Downs

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebeccadowns/2022/02/27/jen-psakis-preview-of-what-to-expect-at-bidens-sotu-shows-how-delusional-this-administration-is-n2603858

This is what the SOTU is all about.  Has been always will be.  It's a propaganda speech.  Why the child Nancy ripped up her copy.  I'm just putting down what I know will be the biggest selling point of the speech.  All he has.  

11 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

This is what the SOTU is all about.  Has been always will be.  It's a propaganda speech.  Why the child Nancy ripped up her copy.  I'm just putting down what I know will be the biggest selling point of the speech.  All he has.  

You're forgetting his overwhelming success in the withdrawal from Afghanistan. C'mon, man.

Yep.

I couldn't give 2 bleeps about Putin - not even 1.  Call me if he attacks a NATO country.  Until then I have zero reason to think it's just as orchestrated a show as Covid was.  

They don't care about you.  They don't care about freedom - THEY ACTUALLY SAID "F...YOUR FREEDOMS."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Back to the State of the Union thread.............

BIDEN’S DISMAL STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS PROSPECTS

Most State of the Union speeches are forgettable events, where presidents simply lay out their laundry list of desired policies within a highly unedifying cliche-to-substance ratio. But once in a while a State of the Union speech actually matters, and such is the case with President Biden’s address tomorrow night.

First, most SotU speeches run an hour or more. Can Biden actually make it that long?

But much more important is the substance of the speech. Most SotU addresses start taking shape in the fall, around Thanksgiving. I have previously speculated that the late date of Biden’s first SotU (they are usually in late January or early February, when the president submits his proposed budget to Congress) was set in hopes COVID would have receded sufficiently for Biden to declare an end to the crisis, and I think chances are this will happen. I wouldn’t have said this two weeks ago, but Biden desperately needs some good news to pass along amidst the Ukraine crisis and our inflation-wracked economy.

The White House is likely frantically re-writing the speech in light of the Ukraine crisis, and pondering how to exploit it for some marginal and symbolic steps to relieve the pain at the gas pump.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/02/bidens-dismal-state-of-the-union-address-prospects.php

Biden’s speech tomorrow night is likely to set a new gaslighting record and somebody obviously figured having everybody masked up wouldn’t go well with the coming spiking of the ball over ending the pandemic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

You only scratched the surface Jim.

They will be claiming a lot more.

Jen Psaki's Preview of What to Expect at Biden's SOTU Shows How Delusional This Administration Is

Townhall, by Rebecca Downs

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebeccadowns/2022/02/27/jen-psakis-preview-of-what-to-expect-at-bidens-sotu-shows-how-delusional-this-administration-is-n2603858

Good thing no one will be watching that snooze fest...😉

In case you missed it, Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds will be delivering the GOP response to Joe Biden’s State of the Union address Tuesday night.

Also on deck to deliver a response is squad member Rep. Rashida Tlaib. Hers will be a formal response on behalf of the left-wing Working Families Party, so pop some popcorn for that one. The theory is that she’ll hammer moderate Democrats who’ve stood in the way of “moderate” Joe Biden’s legislative priorities.

Now we’re learning that another Democrat will be delivering a response to the State of the Union. Democrat Rep. Colin Allred is on deck to deliver a response on behalf of the Congressional Black Caucus.

I wonder what they will say when the mainstream media ignores them for the 24 hour Joe promotion ?

Edited by B-Man

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

In case you missed it, Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds will be delivering the GOP response to Joe Biden’s State of the Union address Tuesday night.

Also on deck to deliver a response is squad member Rep. Rashida Tlaib. Hers will be a formal response on behalf of the left-wing Working Families Party, so pop some popcorn for that one. The theory is that she’ll hammer moderate Democrats who’ve stood in the way of “moderate” Joe Biden’s legislative priorities.

Now we’re learning that another Democrat will be delivering a response to the State of the Union. Democrat Rep. Colin Allred is on deck to deliver a response on behalf of the Congressional Black Caucus.

I wonder what they will say when the mainstream media ignores them for the 24 hour Joe promotion ?

I’m still trying to piece together the concept of what a  “Left-wing working family” looks like...😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

FMw_8YZWYAAwuZq?format=jpg&name=small

FTA:

So what does this have to do with the State of the Union address Biden will deliver tonight? I think these numbers show, fairly definitively, that even on an issue as black and white as Russia invading Ukraine, the president doesn’t have the ability to bluster his way past his failures.

Yes, Americans support sanctions on Russia, but Biden has stood in the way of sanctions for months. He is the one who green-lit the Nordstream 2 pipeline. He is the one who killed domestic oil production, making the United States energy dependent on Vladimir Putin.

In other words, Americans can walk and chew gum at the same time. They can agree that Russia’s actions are bad while still assigning blame to who is responsible for much of their country’s woes. And the message is clear: They believe Joe Biden is the one to blame. Far short of uniting the country, the agreement on sanctions has come in spite of his horrific decision-making.

When Biden takes the podium for his State of the Union, he’s going to attempt to take credit for a litany of things, with the subsiding of COVID-19 being chief among them. Just like with the Ukraine issue, though, it’s not going to work. Omicron killed the coronavirus, not Joe Biden, and people understand that.

When the president tries to brag about job growth, people will understand the context is that the government killed those jobs in the first place. When he tries to claim wages are up, people will understand that inflation has far outpaced wage growth.

You get the idea. Most Americans are awake now, and they are not going to be fooled by a senile old man stumbling through a teleprompter speech, trying to take credit for things he didn’t do. Biden’s presidency has been a disaster, and no amount of coping and spin is going to change that. I do not expect the typical State of the Union bounce this year. Instead, look for Biden to continue to languish.

Even if he manages to make it through his speech, it’s going to be a disaster.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/03/01/the-white-house-engages-in-some-next-level-coping-that-previews-a-disastrous-state-of-the-union-address-n529857

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, B-Man said:

The Working Families Party??  So those that are retired and not working, those that are disabled and not working, those that are living off the government teet and not working?  Where do they fit in here?  🤦🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The Working Families Party??  So those that are retired and not working, those that are disabled and not working, those that are living off the government teet and not working?  Where do they fit in here?  🤦🏻‍♂️

I'm just happy to see it's the plural, and not the singular Working Family's Party. 😉 I was beginning to think I was the only one still out here.

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I'm just happy to see it's the plural, and not the singular Working Family's Party. 😉 I was beginning to think I was the only one still out here.

Me too. When do we get invited to the party?

Play at your own risk: This SOTU drinking game could ‘fill up more hospitals than COVID ever did’ [pic]

Every single one of those things has happened at least once before (in most cases, more than once) so we have no reason to believe that they won’t happen during Joe Biden’s State of the Union speech tonight.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/03/01/play-at-your-own-risk-this-sotu-drinking-game-could-fill-up-more-hospitals-than-covid-ever-did-pic/

Or this one.......

IMG_0042.png?w=470&ssl=1

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

SOTU PREVIEW: 

You Have Nothing Left to Threaten Us With, Joe. 

“Our Cabbage-in-Chief has no ‘Ws’ to brag about tonight. Unlike President Trump, who was only happy to report his, and our, successes, and there were many, Biden’s first year was an ongoing series of pimp-slaps for our once-great nation.

Instead of tweeting victories like his predecessor, Biden has only barked angry threats to the American people, ‘Wear a mask, stay at home, get the shots, obey me or else, serf.'”

One year later, Biden’s ammo box of threats is empty.

Biden has no more COVID-19 variants to threaten us with. His laughable ultimatum to get the vaccine or embrace a “winter of severe illness and death” reminds me of my alcoholic grandmother who would scream at us kids that running around the house will make the pressure-cooker explode and incinerate the whole family. Wrong again, Joe, it never happened.

Biden, in his own “let them eat cake” moment, fired people for not getting a shot that we now know doesn’t keep us from catching or spreading the Hong Kong Fluey. His administration has pushed needless masks and worse, shots for kids who rarely show symptoms, much less die of the Bat Stew Flu. As Ricky Ricardo would say to Lucy, Gropey Joe “has some splainin’ to do.”

But he won’t. Biden will wave a victory flag despite losing the war. He will repeat the joke that we citizens are too psychologically damaged to enjoy his phantom triumphs.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/kevindowneyjr/2022/03/01/you-have-nothing-left-to-threaten-us-with-joe-n1562351

• Like (+1) 3

Biden is in good form, relatively speaking.

He's doing the friendly, moderate Joe thing. It won't last.

Of course, he is still lying.

STEPHEN GREEN | MAR 01, 2022 9:10 PM EST

Here we go: It's V-C Day -- Victory over COVID!

Which is weird, because a bunch of Red States celebrated that over a year ago.

• Like (+1) 1

STEPHEN GREEN | MAR 01, 2022 9:18 PM EST

His energy is good, but his delivery is... well, let's just say he either needs a little less Adderall or a little more Fixodent.

He's giving a victory speech for a war that isn't over and we haven't won.

It's surreal.

Perhaps a little bigger font on the teleprompter next year............cut down on the squinting.

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Does he not know what RESERVE Oil is for?!!!! Dumb ass is going about it backwards... we should be pumping our own and leave the reserves alone. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

A year ago cases were at a 7 day average of nearly 3.5 million if Mr. Green was looking at the data.  

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Intel investing an additional $100billion??

Ummm no….$100million. 

🙄

Construction of just 2 of the plants is $20 billion just in Ohio.  More billions are being invested in Arizona.  Very easy to verify

25 minutes ago, B-Man said:

He might be on cocaine for how awake he seems…

my favorite line of the night is

“lower your costs not your wages…” 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Just now, daz28 said:

Construction of just 2 of the plants is $20 billion just in Ohio.  More billions are being invested in Arizona.  Very easy to verify

I did. 🙄

LICKING COUNTY, Ohio, Jan. 21, 2022 – Intel today announced plans for an initial investment of more than $20 billion in the construction of two new leading-edge chip factories in Ohio. The investment will help boost production to meet the surging demand for advanced semiconductors, powering a new generation of innovative products from Intel and serving the needs of foundry customers as part of the company’s IDM 2.0 strategy. To support the development of the new site, Intel pledged an additional $100 million toward partnerships with educational institutions to build a pipeline of talent and bolster research programs in the region.