Biden's State of the Union 2022

B-Man

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

I did. 🙄

LICKING COUNTY, Ohio, Jan. 21, 2022 – Intel today announced plans for an initial investment of more than $20 billion in the construction of two new leading-edge chip factories in Ohio. The investment will help boost production to meet the surging demand for advanced semiconductors, powering a new generation of innovative products from Intel and serving the needs of foundry customers as part of the company’s IDM 2.0 strategy. To support the development of the new site, Intel pledged an additional $100 million toward partnerships with educational institutions to build a pipeline of talent and bolster research programs in the region.

Ok, so we agree it's $20B PLUS $100M for education.  That's even better

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

30 minutes in and he’s in full mumble mode

It's all just buzzwords now.

Here's the thing...

Listen folks...

Look...

Me: Lol

• Haha (+1) 1

STEPHEN GREEN | MAR 01, 2022 9:38 PM EST

We're going to cut the cost of everything by spending more money we already spent while crippling productivity with new regulations.

That's not Adderall; that's acid.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I love how they toss out that line about wealthy Americans paying their fair share, then all the very wealthy American politicians who gained their wealth from corruption and don’t pay their fair share get up and clap. 

Pelosi is exhibit A and right behind him. That family has had a lot of perfectly timed investments. 

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I forgot how annoying these things are. With applause and a standing ovation every 10 seconds. Makes a 20 minute speech take an hour. 

Like an NFL game. 12 minutes worth of action takes 3 hours. 😂

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

I still can’t get over how Trump was ridiculed for America First, buy American goods and keep manufacturing here. Yet Biden expects his base to eat it up.

Trumps plan was trickle down though.  The tax cuts didn't come close to what he claimed they would do.  Even he admitted that every time he trusted corporate America, they screwed him.  It's all just talk anyways.  

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

STEPHEN GREEN | MAR 01, 2022 9:38 PM EST

We're going to cut the cost of everything by spending more money we already spent while crippling productivity with new regulations.

That's not Adderall; that's acid.

Exactly. They are big on cutting costs. How about cutting the costs of government?  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Exactly. They are big on cutting costs. How about cutting the costs of government?  

It's Washington, cutting costs just means more debt, because debt to them is very unreal like debt is to the average citizen.  

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I love how they toss out that line about wealthy Americans paying their fair share, then all the very wealthy American politicians who gained their wealth from corruption and don’t pay their fair share get up and clap. 

Apparently all members of Congress have to declare their holdings, and several websites are tracking now. 

https://www.capitoltrades.com/

Edited by Motorin'
  • Angry 1

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Like putting a term limit on senators?

• Like (+1) 1

Wow thank you, if this is real it’s better than insider trading 

There's a few resources I came across. Can't vouch for the accuracy at this point, but I've been meaning to dig further. 

STEPHEN GREEN | MAR 01, 2022 9:53 PM EST

Biden is now pretending that #DefundThePolice wasn't a Democrat thing.

Please note that Biden is making his gun control pitch long after most people have tuned out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Fund the police?? The squad must be melting down. No wonder they have 12 rebuttals.

Heck he even got Ted Cruz to stand up and clap for immigration.  The left wing nutbars must be losing it.

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

STEPHEN GREEN | MAR 01, 2022 9:53 PM EST

Biden is now pretending that #DefundThePolice wasn't a Democrat thing.

Please note that Biden is making his gun control pitch long after most people have tuned out.

Yeah we all see it. This speech is an all time pivot. I’m just not sure they have the party support for this. AOC isn’t there is she

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

Heck he even got Ted Cruz to stand up and clap for immigration.  The left wing nutbars must be losing it.

This is the dream…. Reasonable moderate things that make sense. Although that Cruz guy im seems like a sleaze ball

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Need kids in school, fund the police?  He must be making fans tonight.

He seems to be trying to promise everything to everyone.  Bush is going to go bananas about the funding police stuff. May be fun to watch. 

While we are on bipartisan topics, can we all agree Pelosi has a real shot at being the best joker yet?

she’s got the look and we know she has the maniacal and crazy…. Just don’t expect a lot of mobility 

she even wore the purple suit

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Tenhigh said:

He seems to be trying to promise everything to everyone.  Bush is going to go bananas about the funding police stuff. May be fun to watch. 

He's clearly going to the middle on everything.  

Just now, Westside said:

He’s hoping to score votes by moving closer to the center. I still don’t trust him. A leopard can’t change his spots.

You can't, and never could trust any of them.  This is all just talk until the MSM drives the wedge even deeper.  

• Like (+1) 1

He really loves to bring up those dirty ol meat packers. 

1 minute ago, Westside said:

He’s hoping to score votes by moving closer to the center. I still don’t trust him. A leopard can’t change his spots.

I’m also listening and saying out loud “he will never be able to push that through both the house and the senate”

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

While we are on bipartisan topics, can we all agree Pelosi has a real shot at being the best joker yet?

she’s got the look and we know she has the maniacal and crazy…. Just don’t expect a lot of mobility 

she even wore the purple suit

My favorite Pelosi moment is when she announced she was seeking re-election… for the children. 

• Like (+1) 1

STEPHEN GREEN | MAR 01, 2022 10:13 PM EST

I just won a bet with myself.

Biden kept it to an hour. That's as long as he's good for, as I noted during the Democratic primary debates in 2019-2020, and throughout the 2020 campaign, and during various events during his first year in office.

He's got a solid 60 minutes in him -- provided he's had plenty of rest and visit from Dr. Feelgood -- followed by a rapid decline.

So he kept it to an hour.

And that's the only thing he got right tonight.